2005 menu backgrounds

Posted by kart14 
2005 menu backgrounds
Date: April 13, 2005 12:00AM
Posted by: kart14
Hey all

Nearly finished a 05 menu background set, just wondering if anyone had any 'interesting' high res pics from 05. Not on track action, I have plenty, but more 'behind the scenes'. Anyways, should be released soon.

Also have an 05 carset, based on australia. Basically I was wondering to realease a fairly 'neutral' set that would apply for most of the races (ie jordan without 'congratulations melbourne' etc to make it odd at other tracks) or whether to model every car as the liveries change from race to race.

So far I've done all of the aus and malaysia liveries, but its a lot of work and i may get bored half way through!

Happy Racing
Re: 2005 menu backgrounds
Date: April 13, 2005 12:38AM
Posted by: NYK
Don't take this the wrong way but maybe you should wait for Imola, I'm sure there will be some attractive moments to use as a background! :)

Date: April 13, 2005 12:06PM
Posted by: kart14
Yea I think I'll wait for Imola shots, for the european feel. Would be really useful if someone had a shot of an 05 car without bodywork on, in the garage.... Unlikely i know, with all the secrecy nowadays
Date: April 13, 2005 06:30PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
When Supersonic first brought up this subject some weeks ago I offered my help and collected something like 50 images, on track, off track, behind scenes, all kinds. But then I was told that the project was cancelled due to someone else working on the same idea with a planned release date just after the Bahrain GP.

Maybe I am wrong but I haven't seen any Background packages released yet. However, I do still have the pictures I collected (I would need to extract them from the game and batch convert to jpg but this isn't a big problem.) So, if you are interested then give me a shout and I will sort it by the end of the coming weekend. :)

Further, if you really want to wait until after San Marino, which I can understand then my offer will still stand ina few weeks, as long as I am reminded.

Cya.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 14, 2005 03:21AM
Posted by: gap177
Hey guys,,,,,,,,,I did a set of 2005 menu backgrounds and they are available at this site in the Gp3 Downloads/Misc Graphics.On my website you will find an up to date(Bahrain Gp) 2005 set.I will release an update to this website after the San Marino Gp.[groups.msn.com]

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: April 14, 2005 08:41AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Hehe, I am wrong. Now you mention it I do remember seeing your link to the MSN Groups gallery. Sorry. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: April 17, 2005 04:47PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
I already installed the gap's pictures, they are awesome. I hope You update some of them after the next few races :)

Of course it's not necessary to update all the pictures, just some of them, maybe +/- 20. You could create a new page or something just with the updated pictures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy