car skin: removing transparency?

Posted by ardenasia_kyle 
car skin: removing transparency?
Date: June 15, 2004 08:51PM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
Hey everyone,

I am having problems with my car livery. For some reason, the dark (black) parts seem to be transparent and dont show up in the game... I know that this can be fixed with something like photoshop, but how?
Re: car skin: removing transparency?
Date: June 16, 2004 02:13AM
Posted by: Ethan
CALIMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone for u :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 World Grand Prix 3 League
P1 Motorsport B Pr04 AP - Lotus
#46 - Alex Reyes (VEN)

P1 Motorsport Team Official Website
Date: June 16, 2004 07:16PM
Posted by: ardenasia_kyle
Date: June 16, 2004 08:22PM
Posted by: Traction
OK, there probably is an easy way to do that but I dont know it.

Basically,transparency occurs wherever the Red,Green,Blue value is less than 8,8,8.

one way to find them is to use Microsoft Photo Editor.

use the transparency tool and click over a colour the the RGB values less than 8,8,8. and apply transparency. Now all of the selected colour will be transparent(not necessarily in the game). now copy the image. open paint and paste the image. In paint select the option where when you paste anything white doesnt appear.

it helps if you paste the imge onto an unusual colour,eg bright green. After you paste simply fill in the unusual colour with black colour that doesnt appear transparent.

#Note. when you paste any part of the car that is white will also turn into the background colour.#

Its a little tricky to explain. if you want you can send me your car livery and I will try and remove the transparency for you.

gp3cars@lycos.co.uk
Date: June 17, 2004 02:37AM
Sorry, i forgot one easy way that might work. it doesnt always work. What jam editor do you use. Jamtool1.13 has an option you can tick to fix black transparency and when you save the jam the fix is applied. jamtool has a button that applies black transparency fix.

Hope that helps. If not you can send it to me and I'll try and fix it.
Date: June 18, 2004 08:28PM
Posted by: harjinator
Could you use a dodgy colour to get the 2004 Williams, thus making the top of the nose transparent instead of black?
Date: June 18, 2004 08:36PM
In Calimbo's cars the williams nose is transparent.

Are you using GP3 or GP3-Season 2000
Date: June 18, 2004 09:39PM
Er, both!
Date: June 19, 2004 12:33AM
Right.

In Gp3-Season 2000 the williams should have a transparent nose. If it doesnt then your graphics card doesnt support transparency

IN gp3 you need a different colour for transparency but many people complain that it doesnt work. I think the colour is "cyan" Red:0 Green:252 Blue:248

Hope it works for you. If not, your graphics card doesnt support transparency
Date: June 19, 2004 03:26PM
I'll have to test it, I've just got a new card today. My old one probably did support transparency 'cos when I put some new cars in GP3-2000, they were completely transparent, with only the wheels and helmet showing!!! Managed to fix it though. See above.
Date: June 19, 2004 06:20PM
Also, for gp3 you need to change the propertiesof the jams using a jam editor.
The transparent colour in gp3 is Red:0 Green:252 Blue:248

you must set up the jam before the transparency will work.

using a jameditor open each jam. eg.Ferrar98
Then right click on each jam texture
(in the case of Ferrar98: Texture ID:292,Texture ID:293,Texture ID:294)

When you right click on the texture,select the "Texture properties" option.

window will pop up with check boxes. tick the "Transparent" check box.

after ticking the "transparent" option on all the textures, save the jam.

If a jam has the transparent option ticked, the colour Red:0 Green:252 Blue:248, also known as cyan, will appear transparent.

*NOTE?: This does not always work because some graphics cards dont support transparency*

Good Luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2004 06:23PM by Traction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy