Link Data mismatch on Network Play

Posted by ArrowsFan 
Link Data mismatch on Network Play
Date: March 13, 2002 03:33PM
Posted by: ArrowsFan
Me and my friend are trying to play GP3 over the internet but we allways get Link Data Mismatches when it gets to starting the race.

We both have GP3 1.13 installed and the new 2002 carsets. we both use GPxPatch 2.20 and both use the 2002 Physics.

What could be causing the mis match error?
Re: Link Data mismatch on Network Play
Date: March 13, 2002 05:09PM
Posted by: LS.
you would'nt be geoff crammond would you?

the only easy way of playing htis way is to both install a clean version of gp3 and the same version of gpxpatch,

the games have to be identical in order for it to play properly

or simply copy your gp3 folder and transfer it on to his system, that way they'll be identical

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 13, 2002 05:33PM
Posted by: Zcott
I did the copying thing a long time ago onto my brother's machine, and his software-only machine with intel chipset was working great in HW mode. I was rather pleased, and then noticed the patch to do that about 2 months later.
Date: March 14, 2002 02:54AM
Posted by: mortal
Geoff Crammond would not dare to ask an internet question on this forum considering the net code was ommited from the game ;-) Anyway rumour has it that Crammond does not even have an email addy or the internet connected. Geoff I have sent you a networking faq, some of the info may be useful to you, be advised that playing gp3 on the net is virtually impossible without both users having dsl cable and connected to the same server ;-/, my advice is to give up now before you lose anymore hair ;-) Cheers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 14, 2002 08:20AM
Posted by: Vader
networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq! networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq! networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq! networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq! networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq!

There it is, yo here we go again!
networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq! networking faq! networking faq! networking faq!networking faq!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 14, 2002 08:20AM
Posted by: Vader
sorry, I got so ecxited

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy