Thrustmaster Force Feedback

Posted by SuperDupont 
Thrustmaster Force Feedback
Date: February 28, 2002 02:30AM
Posted by: SuperDupont
Hi,

I just purshased a Thrustmaster Force Feedback Steering Wheel. After several days of trying to configure the steering wheel, the thing doesn't work yet.
Is there someone who managed to make this setup work? What files do I need (configuration files for gp3, presets for TM FF Wheel...)? Can someone provide me this files, or tell me where to find them?
Re: Thrustmaster Force Feedback
Date: February 28, 2002 10:41AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Strange, mine worked straight away :?

Does the wheel work with other games?

Date: March 01, 2002 03:08AM
Posted by: dukeatty
hey dude... i had the same trouble and it was because of a no-cd patch i had loaded... when i got the complete game (cd),, everything was good again.. i am useing the same wheel... does it work in your control panel settings?
Date: March 01, 2002 07:28AM
Hi,

Everything is running ok when I test my wheel in control panel. And I'm using the CD. I've read somewhere that I had to copy some *.con in the GPSaves directory, did you do the same??
Date: March 01, 2002 07:28AM
Hi

It works fine on Colin McRae v2.0
Date: March 02, 2002 02:40AM
Posted by: dukeatty
no. i didnt have to copy anything extra. it works just fine.
i am out of ideas... sorry dude
Date: February 09, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: MeesPep
I'm experiencing the same problems, only a year later. Is there a solution?

Thenx
Date: February 10, 2003 03:35AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
When you configure your controller in the game, you have to create a "control set".
That should solve your problems.
Date: February 11, 2003 02:10AM
Posted by: mortal
If you download the latest Thrustmaster (mapper) software you can create a preset with separate axis for brake and accell, when the mapper is loaded you can set this in the control panel, this is desirable in most driving sims anyway. Set the thrustmapper to run on OS loadup and your created presets will load when you run your game executables. Apparently there is a problem with the patched exe for separate axis but according to Vader if you create a new control or user set it can be worked around. This was discussed on the realgpx forum as well, see dUmMaSs, or is it DuMmAsS :-) for a link to his site. I think I reverted to the unpatched gp4 to get around this problem and I still have to test the user set idea from Vader which means patching gp4 again ;-) I'll get there sooner or later but the trouble is now I have updated wads etc. and you need a clean install to patch. Good luck with it anyway ;-) Cheers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy