1997 continues ...

Posted by Darko 
1997 continues ...
Date: January 27, 2004 11:48AM
Posted by: Darko
well after a few weeks away I've managed to keep my 1997 season going and what a wonderful surprise I got ...
in my home race in Canada I got a 2nd place ... my first points scored in a 100% race, no saves, Ace .... wonderful feeling

my website that tracks my season has also been updated with racereports from spain and canada

if you have time, the will, or any interest you can visit at

ca.geocities.com/f1simracing

any of you guys have ongoing seasons ????
Re: 1997 continues ...
Date: January 27, 2004 01:33PM
Posted by: bigears
Congratulations!

I have just started my 1989 season as Nigel Mansell in his Ferrari.

I am on 100%, Ace mode and I save the game halfway (once or twice only)

Anyway, at Jacarapagua, I was sixth and I had a great start and I was 2nd after the 4th lap. But on the long back straight, my engine gave away. I was disappointed as I always did well at that track.

Today at Imola, I had a poor qualified session, starting 9th.After the 23rd lap, I was 3rd. I juggled my pit stratgey a bit and found myself 1st, 5secs ahead of Senna.

Then around the 42nd lap, I had a puncture just before the pitlane and I was lucky to pit in for new tyres. I came out 5th and I collide with a backmarker in the same lap dropping me down to 7th. I climbed up to 3rd then Patrese retired so I went up to 2nd. I haven't finished the race yet though as it is about 15 laps to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 27, 2004 01:33PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Great Site!! Well done on 2nd in Canada

I try to do a championship every year since 2001. this year i will drive a 2003 McLaren.
I came 3rd in the championship last year but that was at only at Pro Level.
Also i only race at 50% race distance. If I sat down for a full race my arse would go numb! ;)

Well done again on the great site!

Date: January 27, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: Giancarlo Minardi
Great stuff, I enjoyed the previous updates so well done on 2nd!!!

My site doesnt involve driving myself, but it is a championship where I watch in spectator mode for lots of internet friends and then post the results:)

www.geocities.com/f1forumracer

Have a little peek ;)

Gian

Sim Racing from the back of the grid!
Date: January 27, 2004 02:16PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
I already played the complete seasons of 2001, 2002(25 races) 2003 (25 races), 1987, 1985. Now I am in the season of 1986, in sixth race(detroit).
I play in the alternate mode, always with the six first ones placed in the real race use 50% of the total of the turns. Also I started the season of 1993 but my computer had problems then lost the results. After to finish 1986 I will play for order 1991 and 1999. In the way of these seasons I will also play 2004 and IRL or CART.

Sorry for my english!
thanks!

Date: January 27, 2004 02:56PM
Posted by: bigears
Won my race at Imola by 6secs ahead of Senna. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 27, 2004 03:51PM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
Well I'm running the Indy Car 1994 season.

So far I got a seventh place in opener at Surfers Paradise, then my engine blew up at Daytona (Phoenix is unavailable for GP3 so I've chosen Daytona to replace it).
Finally at Long Beach after only ten laps Eddie Cheever rammed me from behind trying to overtake me :-( Chicago is round four and coming up next :)

I use A. Carrera's pit & lap editor to ensure that every race is a three stop one, except the ovals where there are only two pitstops (125 laps at Daytona lasted just over 50 minutes anyway ;) ).
In addition I've set up the correct number of laps for each race compared to the 1994 season (i.e. at Vancouver there will be a monster 102 lap race ;) ).

Not to mention - I race with 100% distance at Ace level (switched off the auto gears though coz I never use them, not only in GP3 itself).
Date: January 27, 2004 04:25PM
Posted by: Saih Pitu
I just started my 1984 season which is my forth season in a row starting with 1981 obviously. I run 2/3rds distance at Pro level, I use to run at higher settings with full distance but I ran into problems, like most cars retiring before the end and my computer crashing for some reason. I ran the first race at Rio de Janeiro in which I won, now its on to Kyalami to see if I can continue the trend.

Take care.

- Loren
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy