belini gp4 to gp32k magny cours

Posted by belini 
Re: belini gp4 to gp32k magny cours
Date: January 24, 2004 01:32AM
Posted by: Dinga
Have same as sté ie Magny Cours fine in all versions, Hungaroring CTD when ESC key is pressed.

@Jacki - it may be worth trying Magny Cours with a default(decrypted) GP3.exe.

@gap ave you tried converting any of the other Belini utilities to v1.13?
Date: January 24, 2004 06:34AM
Posted by: gap
I'm sorry guys, but I was unable to reproduce the troubles that you described in your previous posts. Maybe it should be worth to have a try to the tracks with a fresh installation of GP3 1.13, as suggested by Kevin.

- Magny Cours 2002 and 2003 are affected by a problem with fence bridging. It isn't Belini's fault but a limitation in the GP3 track format. Though, all the GP4 to GP3 conversions by belini have the same side effect, and it can be solved by switching on "debug mode". I can't imagine what's different for the infamous tracks that Jacki was unable to load. Anyone here experiencing the same troubles as him?

- Hungaroring 2003 is a nice track, but it has a plenty of little bugs. Nevertheless the track should work in debug mode. I myself had a fast look to it: not championship race, qualify session: I did run a few laps, pitted, load a new setup, pressed ESC, etc, with no CTD. I'll try to fix the bugs in the next days, but I can't be sure that the fixes will solve your troubles. Any volunteer for beta testing?

@ Kevin about Belini's utilities: do you mean the patch reducing the sleepstream effect, improving pit times, allowing CC cars to overtake during the start, etc? If so, I'll ask Paul for modified offsets and new used values. With some cooperation by Renè it shouldn't be hard to have the patch for GP3 1.13 too.

@Jacki about intermediate sectors: quote from Belini's readme's. "tracks feature correct lap times, strategies, weather conditions, retirements,
split points, pit speed limit traps, default car setups, track markings and all
advertising and track changes corresponding to the year." I could be worth to ask him about this issue.

Ah... I've finished the MD conversions... I'll upload them in no time!

MAGIC DATAs
Date: January 24, 2004 06:49AM
Date: January 24, 2004 09:55AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
"@Jacki about intermediate sectors: quote from Belini's readme's. "tracks feature correct lap times, strategies, weather conditions, retirements,
split points, pit speed limit traps, default car setups, track markings and all
advertising and track changes corresponding to the year." I could be worth to ask him about this issue"

I had read what he says, but the timing sectors (speed traps) are very obviously in the wrong places, i.e. all three of them very near the start/finish line, and nowhere near their tarmac markings on the actual track.
Date: January 24, 2004 11:01AM
For Interlagos too?

Date: January 24, 2004 11:36AM
Posted by: belini
re: magny sector points

sounds like a gpxpatch problem, in fact I've had problems too but nowhere near as severe
as the splits being at the end of the track, it's usually @ sector 2 that gpxpatch has problems
reading the sector point.

the 2nd split point @ interlagos isn't accurate because of this problem, it's as close as I could
get it though to the split point line, there must be a bug with gpxpatch when reading the split
points from the magic.

the magny split points were slightly wrong anyway, something I forgot to change from the
original gp32k magny, I've just uploaded a revision, the splits should have been 281 (not 305)
and 615 (not 610).

re: gp3 users

please remember that these tracks are gp32k and are worked to the limitations of gp32k,
all tracks should be used with gpxpatch set to debug mode.

I'm not 100% about this but I don't think the patch can be converted to
gp3 as it's too different regarding the internal physics.

all tracks are high cpu usage due to the detail, recommended pc 2.4 or higher

pk

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk

Date: January 24, 2004 01:18PM
Thank you Paul :)

-Magny Cours sectors point:
did you introduce any change in the tracks, beside the split times? I'm especially interested in magic datas as you told me that you are intentioned to modify them, at least for 2003 track.

-gp3 users:
of course, the tracks were designed for GP32k, but they do work fine for GP3 1.13 too. What I'm wondering is why someone is still in troubles running them...

-the patch:
for now I've not time to deserve to this issue too, but if your patch improves so much the game I think it could be worth to ask SDI about it. Maybe he can find the GP3 1.13 (GP4 too?) offsets corresponding to the ones patched by you in GP32k and/or allow patching of them via GPxPatch. Just an idea ;-)

Date: January 24, 2004 01:25PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
using your md, gap, magny cours doesnt work for me, without it it does
Date: January 24, 2004 03:12PM
Posted by: calimbo
There's an Interlagos GP31.13 version?
Date: January 24, 2004 04:21PM
"please remember that these tracks are gp32k and are worked to the limitations of gp32k,
all tracks should be used with gpxpatch set to debug mode.
all tracks are high cpu usage due to the detail, recommended pc 2.4 or higher."

The 1999-2001 Magny-Cours tracks all run splendidly well on my mere Athlon 900, with my processor occupancy never exceeding 100% during races except at the very start and briefly in the vicinity of the start/finish thereafter. If its high CPU usage that you sought to achieve, then I fear that you have failed with the Magny-Cours tracks, as quite a number of other tracks, your Interlagos being an outstanding example, result in much higher processor occupancy percentages.
Date: January 24, 2004 05:31PM
Posted by: bert

Quick question

Where do u put the md files for gp3 1.13?

I still cant get all the ads & kerbing on magny cours
Date: January 24, 2004 06:24PM
@ Ajayrious
argh... wich year?

@ calimbo
nope, the GP32k version works fine for both the games.

@ JackiMatra
I've an AMD 1GHtz and Interlagos runs quite smooth. Some quick (obvious) tips:
- use CTRL ALT CANC to free up memory from unessential background programs;
- reduce RCR distances via GPxPatch;
- reduce the game resolution or the detail level;
- low down FPS;
- reduce the cockpit view visual angle.

@ bert
[forum.racesimcentral.com]
use Cmagic tool by Marc Aarts to insert the MD files in the tracks.

Date: January 25, 2004 03:23AM
@ JackiMatra Paul is not trying to achieve high PO usage, he's just explaining that there MAY be this side effect due to the increased data load in the .dat files. I myself have a 1GHz pIII system with Magny Cours running well and Interlagos stuttering in some places.

@ Gap what values do you use personally for RCR distances via GPxPatch? I've just put your md files into Interlagos all is fine - will try Magny Cours later.

@ Bert Read the Readme files supplied with the tracks as it sounds like you have the jam files in the wrong place. Also ensure you have downloaded the generic jam files too
Date: January 25, 2004 04:26AM
Gap just ran a practise session on all five variants of Magny Cours and all seems fine with your md files.

Some things for everyone(Experienced and Noobs alike) to remember here:

1 This is quite an ambitious project by PK and it's only us GP3 v1.13/1.0 users that are trying to take something from it too. For GP3-2000 users there is no need to edit ANYTHING downloaded directly from Belini site.

2 Anything that is downloaded from Belini site is intended for GP3-2000 only. Okay, the tracks work but not as intended by Paul(aka PK Arnall, aka Belini), and that is why guys such as Gap are trying to edit things for us v1 users.

3 Read the ReadMe files supplied with all downloads before querying things. Most answers can be found there. What is the point of writing these things otherwise?

4 Use the most recent version of GPxPatch

If you find any bugs/side effects - report them in a constructive way so that the track editing guys have something to work with(.

Post Edited (01-25-04 15:19)

Date: January 25, 2004 06:32AM
Posted by: Ajayrious
2003, the only one i tried

Date: January 25, 2004 08:03AM
"@ JackiMatra Paul is not trying to achieve high PO usage, he's just explaining that there MAY be this side effect due to the increased data load in the .dat files."

I was saying that the Magny-Cours tracks don't have this side effect. A compliment. I didn't think it necessary to add a smiley face any time that I make an ironic remark in order not to be misunderstood.

"@ JackiMatra
I've an AMD 1GHtz and Interlagos runs quite smooth. Some quick (obvious) tips:
- use CTRL ALT CANC to free up memory from unessential background programs;"
I never have any background programs running when I play PC games.

"- reduce RCR distances via GPxPatch;"
I never increase them in the first place.

"- reduce the game resolution or the detail level;"
Then whatever is the point of using a highly detailed track rather than one that has fewer details?

"- low down FPS;"
However can you drive at a framerate lower than GP3's original 26fps?

"- reduce the cockpit view visual angle."
I'm afraid that I have to see where I'm going.

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway.
Date: January 25, 2004 08:26AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Date: January 25, 2004 10:06AM
:o

Calm down guys, bugs, high PO, CTDs are yet an annoying issue, there's no need to fight to keep the spirit low ;)
by the way I did understand that Jacki's words were sarcastic, even without emoticons.

@ Jacki... I did advise you that they were quite obvious suggestions, but I still recommend you to play around with these parameters, IMO the track (especially the physical part, not only the gfx details) is worth any effort or renunciation.
Have you tryied the converted MD's with the tracks not working for you?

@ Dinga. It depends on your system, there are not specs carved in the stone. My RCR distances weren't chaged and I settled full detail level, but with 1024x768 resolution and yes... a FPS of 20 (with PO higher than 100% the frame rate would be lowered in any case, but with unpredictable effects)

@ Ajayrious
testing it...

Date: January 25, 2004 10:31AM
For me I'm currently running with default RCR, full detail level and 26FPS. I've never adjusted these settings as I'm very happy the way everything runs and I don't really want to start tinkering for the sake of 1 track. However, it's interesting for me to find out the results of other peoples adjustments. I'm used to having problems like this(and worse!) thanks to GP4, so spirits are not low ;-)
Date: January 25, 2004 11:55AM
I've gone and tried the latest version 3.56 GPxPatch, and now the Hungaroring 2003 and Magny-Cours 1999-2002 tracks all work fine. (With my own 1999-2002 magic data, too.)

No luck with Magny-Cours 2003, though. Neither with Belini's original version nor with your edited GP3 version, Gabriele, no matter what magic data I use. What is happening is that GP3/GpxPatch is seemingly not recognizing the track dat file at all, as it is showing me the default original GP3 track name and information for whatever slot that I put the track into, and then GP3 crashes as soon as I try to go to the track, without even getting to the track loading process.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy