Track Editor Q.

Posted by Alan(Lost) 
Track Editor Q.
Date: June 02, 2003 09:22AM
Posted by: Alan(Lost)
Yet another track editor question, so no cynical replies ("this question has been asked a million times"..."read the older messages"...).

I've been figuring out how to use Track Editor (Hoad), and have been experimenting with my own-made tracks; just basic ones with a couple of turns to test + learn. The sanity test checks out on the couple I have, but when I try to load them in GP3, it just crashes/freezes once I click "drive" (freezes on the shot of Frentzen in the Williams). I've tried both hardware and software modes. The pitlane commands all check out. But it just won't load for me. So...does anyone have any ideas to help; would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Track Editor Q.
Date: June 02, 2003 11:06AM
Posted by: loren
From Addie Walti's "trouble shooters faq":

problem

After selecting the track in the sim, gpX freezes and the track does not load.

discussion

This may have several reasons. The most popular ones in GP2 were (chances are good its the same for GP3):

1 - track too long. be sure to keep the cumulative length of track+pit lane below about 1597 track length units. For GP3 its 1648 units, and GP3.exe falls back to windows desktop when the track is too long.

2 - too many curved cc-line + pit lane sectors. Here we have a limit of some 70 (precise figure will follow)

3 - (too many jams, too much jam size ?)

4 - GP3: if cc-line is scrambled "enough". If you converted a gp2 track by copying the track, pit lane and cc-line values, and it freezes at loading. you may want to check again the figures of the cc-lines. Keep your eyes on the "tighter/wider" values also !

5 -in track cmd "0xe9 texture mapping" there may be an value =0 in a9 (argument 9) (thanks dennis!)

6 - if cmd 0x87 (Connect Pit Lane End) is in pit lane instead of track

7 - track tree / track config section / cc-line sections / start X=0 (but it HAS to be >0) new

Hope that helps

For track editing questions though, it is probably better to try the track editing forum [www.mircx.com]

-Loren
Date: June 02, 2003 04:03PM
Posted by: Alan(Lost)
Ah, excellent. Thanks.
Date: June 03, 2003 01:25PM
Posted by: daveb
if it's not major changes and the track connects up - click on ''remove cc line'' its on one of the top dropdown menus. this will mean howeva u can only race against the clock, because cc cars will crash out

Date: July 04, 2003 03:53AM
Posted by: IATWMH
hmm

i think it's a more serious problem than those above

take for example

i moved a right wall further from the track, - in game crash.

i get the original and change the name of the track -in game crash

but the original does work
Date: July 05, 2003 03:19AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
From my own experience, a freeze on the Frentzen picture is a CC-line related problem - as daveb says, remove the existing CC-line and it should work.

A simple crash to desk if the sanity check passes can be related to no magic data - are you putting some magic data with a short enough bumptable in the track using C-magic before trying to run it?

Any more complex questions, try the Track Editor forum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy