External engine sounds

Posted by BeamingSauber07 
External engine sounds
Date: August 20, 2023 10:18PM
Posted by: BeamingSauber07
Hi all,

Is there a way to amend the engine noise played externally e.g. from the T-cam position, so that it plays the same engine noise as in the cockpit view? The cockpit engine noise is much richer than the external car cameras notes.

I’ve had a play around with the GP3 Sound Editor but I seem to corrupt the files and they sound awful.

Many thanks,
Re: External engine sounds
Date: August 21, 2023 08:22PM
Posted by: pippozzo
Not in gp3 standard (1.13) as the sound is the same as the cockpit per each onboard camera, but not sure if gp3 2000 add on has a different one, since it uses the EAX .
for the sound of gp3 1.13 the sound editor (GP3 Sounds) should be fine.
Date: August 22, 2023 12:05AM
Thanks Pippozzo, that’s really useful info. I’m using GP3 2K so it seems as if it might be a bit more complicated.
Date: August 22, 2023 07:09PM
Posted by: pippozzo
what I suggest . Use the option in GP3 2k in Sound menu has an option "Use original GP3 Sound". And that will disable the difference between T cam / on board cam and cockpit sound.
Date: August 22, 2023 10:43PM
Ok I might try that. That will disable the CC cars audio too though right? I believe later versions of GPx Patch introduced external sound in GP3 1.13. I’m using GPx Patch v3.91 as I’ve found the later versions can crash the game more frequently but I could be wrong about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy