GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10

Posted by PTRACER 
Re: GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10
Date: October 14, 2019 08:21PM
Posted by: pippozzo
PS. It could happen also because some Jam file required by the track is missed. Can you substitute with melbourne 2018 version ?
Date: October 18, 2019 11:08AM
Posted by: GP2tifoso28
pippozzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With NVida you have I really suggest to use DxWnd
> , cosy I have NVida card gt 610 and acheive 25 fps
> in 1024 resolution for almost all part of gaming.
>
> IndgVoodoo will ave to use the your CPU through,
> actually, instead the graphic card, and that
> performance will be very bad especially with many
> cars at start, considering in SGVoodoo mode my
> GP3++ will have (by default export mod to the
> game) 640 resolution. Try DnXwnd, if you
> experience any problem so retry with dgvoodoo. (in
> I3 4th gen 4Gb Ram it has 15-16 fps in middle grid
> start, 20 fps over the race, average).

Is there any point trying this if I have an NVIDIA geforce 7300? I'm on 32 bit vista and I have the same PO problem. I must admit I'm quite happy playing in software mode because the graphics still look quite good and I have a constant PO at 20-30%, but I'd still like to use the gpxpatch features ATL and gpxSAT which unfortunately don't work in software mode.

Also the trick you suggested with gp3video in compatibility mode works perfectly, now my races don't have the glitch in wet weather anymore. Except 1 thing I noticed is that gp3video created A gp3 1.0 exe even though my gp3 version is 1.13, do you know why?
Date: October 18, 2019 07:21PM
Posted by: ooleeeo
Because if I check the debug mode box, gpxpatch crashes and game does not start.

Kimi forever!
Date: November 04, 2019 06:52PM
Posted by: Nikon
I'm running GP3 v1.13 for the first time since likely 2006!
FPS is sitting at 26 constant on Win 10 with dgVoodoo with 100% rain and full grid in front of me.
Haven't found any issues with the game at all. Steering wheel works great as well.

Just passing on some info for others as I know I was looking for it prior to attempting install.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2019 07:34PM by Nikon.
Date: November 07, 2019 02:17PM
Posted by: pippozzo
So, I know You like I asked that to you:
Tell us which CPU, GPU, Dgvoodoo version are you using .
Then we can have a chat about... ;)
Date: November 08, 2019 01:15AM
Posted by: ThePanzafahra
Okay I don't want to open a new thread but here's my problem.

My GP3 1.13 runs fine just well, with GPxPatch and dgvoodoo, software mode, yada yada.
Now I just installed GP32k, put in the decrypted exe, dgvoodoo, gpxpatch. Everything works too, calibrating, testing graphics, sounds, everything! The only thing that DOESN'T work, is...anything after loading a track for a test drive. I'm literally stuck on the loading screen at 100%. But only if I want to drive myself! (EDIT: It does run in Hardware mode and very low-res software mode..but just not in the same resolution that GP3 1.13 runs, for some reason. Also it seems the colors are screwed up in SW mode so...strange. But I can't run it in anything higher than 1024*768)

My specs are -

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel i5-4200
8GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT740M

As I said, GP3 and GP4 (if it doesn't randomly crash) run just fine, no issues at all! Just..GP32k doesn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 01:16PM by ThePanzafahra.
Date: November 08, 2019 01:38PM
Posted by: Nikon
I'm running dgVoodoo v2.55.1
CPU: i7 8700k
RAM: 32gig
GPU: Nvidia 1660Ti
Screen res: 1280x1024

If you turn on AA, it kills FPS I found even at 2x.
Date: November 23, 2019 04:07PM
Posted by: pironi14
How do I stop the game running in stretched widescreen?
Date: March 19, 2020 12:31AM
Posted by: nvooght
Hello,

I've re-installed GP3 for the first time on Windows 10 in many many years, however I tried following the guide from the first page and i'm wondering if anyone has ever had an any issues similar to me.

When I play the game no tyres or from the cockpit front of the car is rendered, the track is a washed out sky blue colour and the skybox is missing, performance wise it seems to run okay so that's one positive...

Anyway, any tips would be great. (it is the same whether I have run/installed dgvoodoo2 or just playing the game straight from 1.13 No CD patch with the weird rendering.

Image 1
Image 2

I realise it's a long shot, but any suggestions would be great.

Stay safe :-)
Date: March 19, 2020 09:44AM
Posted by: shlund
It could look like that the tarmac bitmap and the treadbs1_art bitmaps are missing in the TechJam folder... They should be found in a normal standard installation☺
Date: March 19, 2020 09:48AM
Also the sky bitmaps are to found in the TechJam folder. Your cockpit is also missing some parts - check for Steerac9 and steerb9 files in Main folder...
Date: March 19, 2020 11:11AM
Thanks for the suggestions,

I have managed to find all of the bitmaps in the correct folders (Main and TechJam) so it sounds like they are all there but the game just isn't registering them
Date: March 19, 2020 02:57PM
Perhaps try another new installation and see what happens
Date: March 19, 2020 05:36PM
So simple and so obvious.

That seems to have sorted it, only thing now is the old purple band around the outside of the tyre, but at least it's playable.

Date: March 19, 2020 07:34PM
Glad to hear that you sorted it out. There is a fix for the purple rings I think in the download section somewhere... :-)

Or you can find it here: [www.mediafire.com]

I havn't made this fix and I just copied the zip file I had on my HD - hope it works for you :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 07:41PM by shlund.
Date: March 19, 2020 10:43PM
Thanks, I did try to fix that by painting over the purple bits on the bitmap, however the only issue now is that the tyre is reflecting the livery of the car from the onboard shots and not the bitmap at all.

Kind of looks like it drove over the paint for the car.. ;) :|

And for some reason installing the updated textures seem to be ignored, likewise still the case when i've installed an old carset with other tyre textures.

I do hope it ins't another re-install job ha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 11:08PM by nvooght.
Date: March 20, 2020 08:31AM
This is seen before... Close the GP3Editor while racing and you should be fine
Date: March 20, 2020 12:18PM
Posted by: Orloff
To avoid 'painted' wheels effect you should have the tyre jam files ( they are software ) in Gp3Jams/Main and the appropriate bitmaps in Gp3Jamsh/Techjam with the same filename.
F/E, michelin0.jam in Gp3Jams/Main and michelin0.bmp in Gp3Jamsh/Techjam.

When the wheels disapear, probably this depends of wrong or absent jam set in GPxPatch.

Jam ID, as far as I remember, 220(slow) & 221(fast) for type 1, and 222(slow) & 223(fast) for type 2.

In default jams, slow tyre jams usually marked as 0 and fast marked as 1, but as a rule you hardly could know what type of tyre the jam belongs - rather empirically.

Default jams and bitmaps are Whblur0/Whblur1 for Type 1, whlbridge0/whlbridge1 for Type 2 ( that's where GP3Edit exports the bitmaps )

( You need Jam editor for Software Jams to check which ID set to one or another )

As for the treads, usually it works without problems if only its files are not missing

( I should had been learning this for myself 'cause I needed to have many various wheels for different seasons and series, you know ))
Maybe all this is useless for you in case of Win7 or higher, I use XP )
Date: March 20, 2020 10:32PM
Perfect thanks Orloff for the info, and shlund for the final tip closing gp3 edit worked a treat.

Can now enjoy my 1991 season (H)
Date: March 26, 2020 10:15PM
Back again with another question.

Do you know which setting in GPxPatch enables the displaying of the laptime during qualifying and then gap between the cars during the race/lapchart etc
It was working fine and somehow i seem to have disabled it.

Fixed it, found the key bindings in GPxPatch had turned off the info by mistake ingame. D'oh..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 09:44AM by nvooght.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy