GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10

Posted by PTRACER 
Re: GUIDE: How to run Grand Prix 3 on Windows 10
Date: June 20, 2016 07:11PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
pirx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes, works with gpxpatch

So, I think I made something wrong. My graphical card is a GeForce 8400GS. Do I need to make something different to descript here in game options??

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: June 21, 2016 12:03AM
Posted by: pirx
..no, should be the same for you.
Additionally disable in NVidia-systemtray all Antialiasing, etc.-features, because gp3 needs none of them
Date: June 29, 2016 05:28AM
Tim, help me. Where is AA and AF settings???

Date: June 29, 2016 09:36AM
..just make a rightclick on your desktop and you should be able to select the NVidia-systemtray. Then goto "3D-Settings" and turn off all(!) possible Features. Set the prerendered frames to "1" plus watchout for settings that have to do with speed: turn them to "maximum". That should do it. If you are not sure -leave the original-setting.

Rod_vs schrieb:
> Tim, help me. Where is AA and AF settings???
Date: August 04, 2016 02:47PM
Posted by: 2011andre2
RRRReméééédiooo schrieb:
> I get a message "Direct Draw not installed" when
> trying to run the game. Probably something related
> with my crappy Inter HD3000 chipset.

I had the same issue i removed the directdraw.dll from the grandprix 3 folder an it worked just fine for me ;)
Date: August 19, 2016 11:03PM
Posted by: PTRACER
Worth a sticky?

Date: August 23, 2016 12:25PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Definitely. This is wonderful, works with Windows 7 too; just needed to turn off a few mirror details and it runs pretty much flawlessly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 12:26PM by RegularJohn.
Date: August 27, 2016 01:13PM
I didn't get. Game opens, but crashes when load track! =/

Date: August 28, 2016 08:06AM
..no MD inserted?

Rod_vs schrieb:
> I didn't get. Game opens, but crashes when load
> track! =/
Date: October 01, 2016 04:37PM
pirx Wrote:
> ..no MD inserted?

Er... hummm... what is MD? ;)

Date: October 02, 2016 12:16PM
MD..MagicData
Date: January 01, 2017 10:33PM
Posted by: Timbo08
Hey man, i've installed GP3, GP3 v1.13, and GP3 2000 too! Game runs all smoothly on the Software 3D Graphics mode..

However, there's a slight problem. The GPx Patch is not effective on the Software 3D graphics, it is only working on the dgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper graphics settings, which is not ideal as it is incredibly slow..

Is there any way to have the GPx Patch be effective on the Software 3D Graphic, or a way to make the dgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper Graphics run smoother??

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Date: January 01, 2017 10:35PM
Hey man, i've installed GP3, GP3 v1.13, and GP3 2000 too! Game runs all smoothly on the Software 3D Graphics mode..

However, there's a slight problem. The GPx Patch is not effective on the Software 3D graphics, it is only working on the dgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper graphics settings, which is not ideal as it is incredibly slow..

Is there any way to have the GPx Patch be effective on the Software 3D Graphic, or a way to make the dgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper Graphics run smoother??

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks. :)
Date: January 02, 2017 08:11AM
..it all depends on your videocard-driver. If it supports DirectX7.1 you can run the game in HW-mode, up to Win7. Running a WinXP-partition would be even a better solution then. Sadly since Win10 DX7.1 runs only emulated and that slows everything down.
So, only chance is to get an old pc for gp3..
Date: January 02, 2017 10:15AM
I see.. I used to play GP3 on Windows 98 & XP for about 15 years, with the only problem being that the game crashed for no reason if you tried pausing or escaping the game, coming up with the "send file report" , "don't send" info. Till this day I dont know why it crashed..

About the Win10 im using, it's on a laptop, and like i mentioned earlier, everything runs so smoothly on the Software 3D graphics (Graphics Options in-game), so its frustrating not being able to use the GPx Patch on that mode!

What is the 'dgVooDoo DirectX Wrapper graphics settings' ?? And will it run better with a better graphics card?? Or is there a way to make everything smoother using that setting?
Date: January 02, 2017 03:00PM
Your videocard need real VRAM to play the games HW-mode. Many, many modded things like tracks need to run the game in HW-mode, but there are also SW-mode related moddings, tracks etc to find..

I tested the dgVoodoo-wrapper on a fast, modern system with win10 and everything was way to slow. Maybe other people have other experiences and better settings than me..
Date: January 18, 2017 03:26AM
Have you followed all my optimisation suggestions in my first post? I tested extensively and you should try all settings to the very bottom of the post.

Here is my GP3 working perfectly (excuse the commentary, I was messing about with something) :

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2017 03:41AM by PTRACER.
Date: January 18, 2017 06:14PM
..yes, I followed everything exactly. Problem is, I´m a hardcore GP3-sim-driver and for my expectations the wrapper is :
- suitable for GP3-tracks with not too many trackside-objects
- for "belini-tracks" to slow (but these tracks make problems on every system, even on the strongest native WinXP-machines)
- and of course I know "dgVooDoo" is an emulator, so it feels a bit lagging when controlling the car with steeringwheel- or gampad-controller. Sure with keyboard also, but in this case its maybe more difficult to recognize.

BUT it is a great possibility to keep the game alive and absolutely worth a try!

PTRACER schrieb:
> Have you followed all my optimisation suggestions
> in my first post? I tested extensively and you
> should try all settings to the very bottom of the
> post.
Date: April 21, 2017 01:56AM
Another bump

Date: July 12, 2017 07:40PM
Posted by: pippozzo
OK. I JUST NOTED some problem with 2.53 or later. Use the 2.52 version of dgvoodoo. The game is playble. But the HD graphics intel had so much load when there are more than 2 cars in RCR distance range (starting grid in particular). To optimized try remove graphics settings in mirror and set "none"on front view option in the mirror.
BUT, if the problem is cars in RCR distance better reduce it. Tipically in GpX patch i setted to comfortable for 1024x768 and it's 6500. By default the game has 3800 i think. but, it could be not a problem if carshape is 90s or early 2000s. In 80s and 70 carshape you need to set more far distance , otherwise you will see the 1998 car shape in distance and 80s near.
MY QUESTION IS :
Where is the template of carshape for car outside RCR distance ? Is changeble? Is in some Jam file? BECAUSE IF YOU CAN CHANGE THE SHAPE IN FAR, YOU DON'T NEED TO SET MAJOR RCR DISTANCE, AND THE GAME COULD BE GO AT MORE FPS ALSO WITH dgvoodoo.
Please, does Someone know it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy