Miami screenshots posted

Posted by TheSmokingPen 
Miami screenshots posted
Date: March 22, 2003 11:51AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
Work is all but complete on my Miami circuit and there are now some screenshots posted on the Tracks Page on my website.

The only problem I've got is that the CC cars on the line used for the screenshots are too darn slow!! They're managing the lap in just over a minute at semi-pro level, whereas your Pen in managing it in 54 seconds - mind you, I'm a bit of a speedster in Monaco, too. I'm working on a completely different CCline to get them going quicker, but it's taking some time.

The Pen

Re: Miami screenshots posted
Date: March 22, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
What does it matter how quick the AI are at Semi-Pro level? I would think that the important thing is that they should kick most everyone's behind at Ace level.

The fastest race lap at Miami in 2002 was only 1:02.906 by Christiano Da Matta.
Date: March 22, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: Vader
I WANT THIS TRACK. NOW.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 22, 2003 08:52PM
Posted by: Natazone
To Smoking Pen... Don't you wanna make the updated f1 season 2003 tracks like San Marino, Magny Cours, Hungaroring, Suzuka?
Date: March 22, 2003 10:50PM
You cannot make tracks before there has been a race on them. Where do you think Pen will get the pictures for jams from?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 23, 2003 03:01AM
I mean, after gps...:)
Date: March 23, 2003 09:03AM
Then you'll have to wait until Sep 2003 when Suzuka is over.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 23, 2003 11:10AM
I mean, San MARINO track after San MARINO gp & so on... ;)
Date: March 23, 2003 11:17AM
Posted by: TheSmokingPen
To Jackie - I'm working off the principle that if they can kick MY behind at my level of proficiency, then they should be able to do it at any level. Yes, I know it's a sorry admission, but I play at semi-pro level - too much time making carsets and tracks and not enough time racing the former on the latter. As for the 2002 times - the track was criticised for being extremely slippery in parts and lacking in grip overall. Whilst I've reduced the available grip in the CC data, I didn't want to turn the track into an unplayable ice-rink.

To Natazone - no, I won't be making updated versions of the GP tracks. Other people do that. The challenge for me is in making a driveable, raceable track that isn't otherwise available.

The Pen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy