So here´s something for the older folks in here =P

Posted by Pedersen 
So here´s something for the older folks in here =P
Date: January 24, 2013 02:23PM
Posted by: Pedersen
I posted something in another thread in the GP4 section about F1WGP3L that used to run many many many years ago. And it got me thinking, does anyone have any carsets from that league left? or pics or anything?

I tried to find some pics of my car that i used to have, MPR. The closest i came was a page on a french site where my driver Stefan Kozlowski had won the championship and was interviewed but no pics of the car.

I did find pics of the FCR and Viking cars :)

Cant recall when that league started...2001? 2002? it went on for quite some time atleast and it was good fun :)

And it included some good drivers...Max West, Stefan Kozlowski, Mathie Briere, Ben Parker...just to mention a few... =P

anyway, if someone got anything please share, it would be awesome to see thoose liveries again :)

any carsets or cars can be sent to mp811111@hotmail.com
Re: So here´s something for the older folks in here =P
Date: January 24, 2013 09:23PM
Posted by: AAS
Date: January 25, 2013 05:14PM
ahhh =P nice! any more pics?
Date: January 25, 2013 05:44PM
Posted by: Briere
I have many carsets :) I'll pack 'em and send a link here !

:E// [www.mediafire.com]
:E2// Two were missing : [www.mediafire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 06:01PM by Briere.
Date: January 25, 2013 07:33PM
Thanks mate! =)
Some good memories in those carsets. A lot of those liveries were in AF1RL at one point or another.

Also an awful looking Ajay car in there too.
In case you didn't find yet, I have the carset which I believe is from season 1 - race 1 (Norisring, carset v1.2).
Date: January 26, 2013 08:21PM
oh yes please !
Here it is. Including my ugly first attempt to make a GP3 car. Good times...

[www.dropbox.com]
Does anybody have the race results from the first season? I remember entering 2 or 3 races. I miss them for my team statistics.
Date: January 28, 2013 05:47AM
I have only the stats from seasons 4 and 5. And WinRar says that the rar file is corrupted :(
Date: January 28, 2013 06:22AM
I ran two AI quick races with a season 4 carset #1 :) I saw that I forgot to set the carshape I normally use, but default will do just fine :)

(Only thumbnail doesn't work)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 02:43PM by Briere.
Date: January 28, 2013 12:25PM
fantastic! =) Thanks mate! ohh the Titan car!

Cant remember how many seasons i were in it, i think i joined in on the second season. Won 2 races or something. Egypt was my first. Won by 25 seconds or something. Thankfully my team were better than me =P
Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have only the stats from seasons 4 and 5. And
> WinRar says that the rar file is corrupted :(

That's odd. Try this one, please -> [www.dropbox.com]

I really miss those GPx leagues. I'm still racing on a GP2 hotlap league (FGP2, active since 2001!), but it's just hotlap and doesn't have custom teams (the league runs all F1 seasons from 1950, currently at season 1990).

I remember the beginning of F1WGP3L. There was a Brazilian guy, I think his nickname was jpmontoya or something like that, who was the league webmaster. He was probably the one who invited me to join in. We had a lot of conversations on MSN messenger (or was it ICQ?) and he was always correcting my terrible English. (H) I couldn't drive many races because of lack of time and my GP3 skills were lame (besides getting to the podium at the first race) and soon I left the league.

Some years later there was a team looking for drivers, I believe it was Raymond Buijs team and I tried again. I just completed one race (Zandvoort at night), if I'm not wrong and he was very pissed off because I could'n attend to the races because of my lack of time. ;-( Later, I believe it was Dean Kittleson who invited me again cause he had some odd hopes that I could be a fast drivers, but I had to decline because I was busy again and I didn't want to let another one down.

Another great league, which I was able to drive more regularly on, was IGP3Champ. I still have a carset somewhere, need to find it.

I was always much more into GP2 than GP3 and GP2 leagues were much more reliable than GP3 leagues here in Brazil so I was much more active in Brazilian GP2 leagues. International GP2 leagues were also nice, but the timing was never right for me to join and stay. But I miss those leagues like F1WGP3L, IGP3, LFRS. It was nice to compete, to view all the new liveries.

Recently I've entered some rFactor online races and they are nice (and I love rFactor), but being a nostalgic person, I wish there were still active GPX leagues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 02:19PM by RRRReméééédiooo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy