Artwork, Carshape Questions

Posted by Mullet345 
Artwork, Carshape Questions
Date: October 13, 2012 10:31AM
Posted by: Mullet345
Couple of questions. What is the best way of getting side and aerial shots of a car for artwork? And with carshapes, what are the best ones in regards to having no texture distortion?
Re: Artwork, Carshape Questions
Date: October 13, 2012 03:28PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
for the aerial shots you need to edit one of the cameras to be perpendicular to the car, like

X= 0 / +-10
Y= 0 / -100
Z= 10000
pitch= -80 / -90

for the side
X= 0
Y= +- 2000
Z= -100 / -500
pitch= 0
direction= +-90

i once tried something similar so need to work with the positions because there can be a sort of undesired priority in showing the car parts in example parts being covered by others which are behind and so

another way can be placing a track camera at a specific point with proper settings and let the car slowly walk in its focusand take a shot. will make pics with perspective view though

-------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 03:31PM by R_Scandura.
Date: October 13, 2012 03:39PM
Where would I need to go to edit cameras and which cameras would need to be edited?
Date: October 13, 2012 03:51PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
from Gp3Edit. from the menu TOOLS -> Onboard Camera Editor. IMPORT any camera from 2 to 9 you want to edit. edit the values and EXPORT

from CarEditor. import all from Gp3 (green + red arrow button) open the camera section in the tree on the left and double click any camera from 2 to 9 you want to edit. once done export all to gp3 (green + blue arrow button)

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 03:52PM by R_Scandura.
Date: October 14, 2012 03:02AM
Camera 2-9 are the ones you cycle through with page up? I'll have a go at it when I get the chance.
Date: October 14, 2012 06:30PM
Posted by: pirx
11marco makes one of the best carshapes nowadays
Date: October 20, 2012 10:30AM
pirx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 11marco makes one of the best carshapes nowadays

Which car shapes has he made? I'm mainly after car shapes that have no texture distortion so the livery doesn't look all distorted.
Date: October 20, 2012 12:14PM
Posted by: pirx
Date: December 02, 2012 03:55PM
How do I make the screen of my car fit into the artwork? I don't know how to make the areas around the car transparent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy