Best steering wheel for gp4?

Posted by Pont 
Best steering wheel for gp4?
Date: October 10, 2008 05:43PM
Posted by: Pont
Hi what's the best steering wheel for gp4 and gp3? (under windows xp)
Re: Best steering wheel for gp4?
Date: October 10, 2008 07:07PM
Posted by: Guimengo
for GP3 maybe keyboard, try MS Sidewinder as everyone talks great things about it. The Momo Racing can be very good if your pedals don't give away in the first year.
Date: October 10, 2008 09:27PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
momo racing. good grip, good pedals, enough buttons and wheel/handshift. take this one.
Date: October 11, 2008 01:39AM
Posted by: paulhackettevans
I've had a few different wheels over the years.

There are many wheels that could be good for you, my favourites are:

For a budget choice, the Thrustmaster 360 Modena can be found cheaply on Ebay and online retailers. It's very nice to use, GP4 responds very well to it and it's quite reliable, as long as you're aware it's plastic, and treat it well. I had one for years and it was great! I think Thrustmaster make other similar models - I also had a Thrustmaster Charger that was very like the 360 Modena wheel.

I now have a Logitech G25. It's absolutely unbeatable - precise, strong, robust, very responsive and feels like a real steering wheel! Expensive, but if you enjoy PC or console racing, this is the one to get. I can't recommend it highly enough. (I bought mine to be able to race F1 Championship Edition on the PS3. I also use it with GP4 and Rfactor on the PC. It's the best. As simple as that.

Happy racing!
Date: October 11, 2008 02:57AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
If you have the $200+ the g25 costs then get it, if not the next best thing would be the Momo it should cost around $90.
Date: October 11, 2008 05:19AM
Posted by: J-C
ROBITUSSIN JR. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if not the next best thing would be the Momo it
> should cost around $90.

I dont know witch country you live but i know its a spanish speaking one,
but in my country a Momo costs around 160 Us dolars.
The G25 costs around 320 - 340 US dolares.
Date: October 11, 2008 07:46AM
thank you all for your prompt reply....i'm living in the Netherlands and i believe in this country the G25 costs around 225 euro...as far as i know.....i think it's expensive.
Date: October 11, 2008 08:38AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Yeah that g25 is for the high class haha, but if you have the means you should try the internet like amazon or ebay you could find a nice price. Butif not the Momo is pretty fine.

J-C I am from Puerto Rico and indeed the g25 is $299 but I bought the momo for $99 at best buy :)
Date: October 11, 2008 08:59AM
Yes the Logitech Momo is a very good wheel no doubt about it.
The G25 is even better but its damm too expensive.

ROBITUSSIN JR: Soy de Argentina :) Pass me a link of best buy for a Momo.

Cheers :)
Date: October 11, 2008 09:03AM
Yes the Logitech Momo is a very good wheel no doubt about it but apparently there are many people having problems with their pedals??
Date: October 11, 2008 09:05AM
Pont Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes the Logitech Momo is a very good wheel no
> doubt about it but apparently there are many
> people having problems with their pedals??

Yes with the pods. But their is a solution for it.
Google for it.
Date: October 11, 2008 09:47AM
Posted by: BAR#10
I have a Speedlink PS3 WHEEL (and I don't have ps3) and it's good, for a reasonable price, cca 50 euros
[www.powerdrive-computers.com]

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: October 11, 2008 10:18AM
what kind of solution there is?
Date: October 11, 2008 11:27AM
Posted by: mortal
Solution to what? There's been about four or five different wheel types posted. Up to you to make an informed choice. Do your research, go shopping. Ebay is probably your best option. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 11, 2008 11:33AM
solution for these pedals (logitech momo)
Date: October 11, 2008 11:37AM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
If you want a really good wheel, for non FFB the ECCI is probably the best around and companies like Frex make a lovely FFB wheel. You can always build one like I have done here:

This is a Logitech momo racing wheel which I've heavily modified with 20x4 LCD screen, rpm LED's, gear indicator and switches galore. Of course only the switches work in GP4 but the rest runs lovely in many other sims. This is mounted on a G25. It all boils down to how much you want to spend.

As far as pedals, there's heaps of third party pedal sets out there. Again, it all depends on how much you want to spend and how serious you are about sim racing. I'd recommend these CST pedals if you can afford them:

In terms of the logitech momo pedal fix, there are solutions. check out these forums and do a good search: [forum.racesimcentral.com] A lot of the problem is to do with the pot mounting internally and just glueing them in place often helps but if the pots are buggered then you'll need to get another set of pedals. The Thrustmaster Rally GT pedal set is around £20 and with a little wire-splicing can easily hook up to a momo racing wheel.

Regards,

Mr Pibb

Date: October 11, 2008 11:59AM
That's looking spectacular!!!
Date: October 11, 2008 01:48PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I hope you're fast with that gear Mr Pibb ;) very nice!
I have an 'old red' Logitech Wingman Formula Force, which I love, must be the thick end of a decade old now, still works well, touch wood.
*lies down on his wooden desk* ;)
Date: October 11, 2008 01:57PM
Posted by: msater
@Mr Pibb

So it all works, the gear changes, buttons, everything, in GP4? That's spectacular!!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 11, 2008 05:07PM
Posted by: paulhackettevans
Respect!!! Mr Pibb!!! That's fantastic!!!

You should go into production and make these for sale - I'm sure you'd get many buyers!!

Wow!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy