Converting cars from F1C to GP4

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Converting cars from F1C to GP4
Date: October 12, 2008 03:25PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Hi there!

I have tried to convert the original F1C 2002 season to GP4 as 2002 don't have any real good cars for that game. Although, when I tried I failed. So I wonder if there is anyone who can help me in this matter or if there is some kind of manual for it?

thx in advance

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Re: Converting cars from F1C to GP4
Date: October 12, 2008 04:02PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Here's some thread I had saved to my computer, but i couldn't bring it up through search...

how can i convert f1 challenge cars in gp4 cars for home use? mainly, i just want to know how to get 3 parts split up into 28.

any help guys?

Re: f1c - - - - - - - >Gp4
Date: October 12, 2006 12:53PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com (IP Logged)

OK. One. Use ZModeler, and copy the components a number of times, naming them to what you want, then delete the chunks of the model you dont need. So for example, front wing would be copied four times, left-front-endplate, right-right-endplate, left-f-wing, right-f-wing. Then on each of the copies, you have to delete the bits to leave the final result of what your looking for. Maybe not a clear explanation, but have a go. Takes some time, but can be done.

With practise, time becomes shorted!! LOL!

Mike

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!

Reply To This Message Quote This Message Reply via PM Follow This Thread Report This Message

Date: October 12, 2006 12:56PM
Posted by: kewell_fever (IP Logged)

lol.
wat tool can i use to delete quickly?

Reply To This Message Quote This Message Reply via PM Follow This Thread Report This Message

Date: October 12, 2006 12:59PM
Posted by: vesuvius (IP Logged)

kewell_fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol.
> wat tool can i use to delete quickly?

I think there is a delete button in zmodeler

Date: October 12, 2006 01:13PM

and where is that? e.g in create

Date: October 12, 2006 01:18PM

I dont remember and I'm not home now so cant check either but it is something like objects-delete or something like that....

Date: October 12, 2006 01:22PM

okay, its modify then delete but that deletion is going to take 5 years and how would u get the whole car to connect if u have 28 peices and deleting them, there might me a big patch in the sidepod rite.

Date: October 12, 2006 02:39PM

I wish I could help but I dont have any idea how to convert F1C cars to gp4 ....

Date: October 12, 2006 04:08PM

Right, this is what you do. Quick Tutorial.

Import your mts file into Zmodeler.

Lets work on this front wing.

For GP4 we obviously want 4 files; left_front_(fin)(wing), right_front_(fin)(wing).

We copy the model a minimum of three times, four to be best. So now you should have in the objects sections five objects, your original MTS file, and the four files for GP4. Do "hideall" the models and bring up one particular GP4 model you want to make. At the moment, you'll still have the full front wing, but we will now delete the verticies to just make the bit we want.

Choose the Vertices icon on the top bar, and select the model in one of the views. Now select the Rectangular Selection button at the top, and click and drag around some of the verticies that you DONT WANT. These should highlight with your green normals lines. Now, just press DEL on the keyboard. If your working on the main cockpit, might take a few seconds, but they will disappear. Keep this up, selecting verticies and hitting the DEL button until you get the little chunk of the GP4 model your after. Once you're done with that model, hide it, show another model, and do the same process, obviously deleting the verticies that you have on the first model you created. Like I said earlier, does take a bit of time, but practise means that you get better at it. Save the Zmodeller file at different times, and perhaps different filenames, just to make sure you dont go too far into your project and make a mistake.

Hope that helps a little. Anymore questions, dont hesitiate to ask, I can try to answer.

Mike

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!

Date: October 12, 2006 10:05PM

thanks man, il try.

Date: October 12, 2006 10:34PM

thanks, its works!!!!!!! thanks man, i cant keep on saying thanks.
Now, time for the 2 year deleting trial.:p lol i used to do the delete in modify and delete and that takes 10 years to finish of things

Date: October 13, 2006 04:31AM
Posted by: sunil (IP Logged)

@Viper-F1.com

why do we have to delete some vertices when he wants to convert same car to GP4.
please i don't have any knowledge but interested to know.

ok, if i want to delete some vertices then in what format do we have to save to use in GP4. how can we convert textures to GP4 from F1challenge for the same car.

================================================================================================================================
PC 1:
Intel Quad Core E9550 @ 2.83GHZ
Asus Rampage Formula X48
EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
Corsair Dominators QuadRams 8500[1066MHZ] 4*1GB
Creative X-FI XtremeMusic with T7900 7.1
4*250GB,2*320GB in RAID 0 mode
Samsung 2243NWX 22" 1650X1050
Corsair 650Watts SMPS
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

=================================================================================================================
PC 2:
Intel Core2Duo E6850 @3.45GHZ,Asus P5W DH deluxe,Hynix 2*1GB,XFX Geforce 6800GS,2*160GB Raid 0,Windows XP Pro Sp3 [Overclocked in 1:1 ratio]

Date: October 13, 2006 05:13AM
Posted by: b-tone (IP Logged)

Just select parts of the car that you want to become a new object, and 'Create->Detach'

@Sunil - just convert it to 32 bit tga, and conert to tex.

____
Tony

Date: October 13, 2006 05:29AM
Posted by: sunil (IP Logged)

thanks tony for one answer

================================================================================================================================
PC 1:
Intel Quad Core E9550 @ 2.83GHZ
Asus Rampage Formula X48
EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
Corsair Dominators QuadRams 8500[1066MHZ] 4*1GB
Creative X-FI XtremeMusic with T7900 7.1
4*250GB,2*320GB in RAID 0 mode
Samsung 2243NWX 22" 1650X1050
Corsair 650Watts SMPS
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

=================================================================================================================
PC 2:
Intel Core2Duo E6850 @3.45GHZ,Asus P5W DH deluxe,Hynix 2*1GB,XFX Geforce 6800GS,2*160GB Raid 0,Windows XP Pro Sp3 [Overclocked in 1:1 ratio]

Date: October 13, 2006 11:58AM

Ah detach. Another way. :P The reason why your deleting verticies is because you've got a full model of a front wing, and my way means makeing 3 copies, but chopping them up into the four bits that your after. Just user preference really. Textures can be simply saving your BMP F1C files to TGA files, and trying to create an alpha channel so that you get that GP4 shine once in the game.

Date: October 13, 2006 12:30PM

yes but detach will take years and years. the one u said is quicker but is less accurate.
oi, viper, how can u get things to connect, like sometimes i do it, it doesn't have all bits. how can i do it so it connects easily?

Date: October 13, 2006 01:14PM
Posted by: b-tone (IP Logged)

why will detach take years?
Date: October 12, 2008 04:56PM
holy crap!!! thx for your effort but I get an headache by just trying to read it.. Someone have any better explanation?

Date: October 12, 2008 06:06PM
Posted by: Gigi4
You have to know how detach tool work in zmodeler. I think you can find tutorial on this.

Date: October 12, 2008 06:22PM
okay, do you know where? Cause I searched this site and a couple of others but did not find anything

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy