Best steering wheel for gp4?

Posted by Pont 
Re: Best steering wheel for gp4?
Date: October 12, 2008 01:55AM
Posted by: Willb
Mr Pibb, Can I have one, Thats Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! :)!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 12, 2008 12:50PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
@msater: Yes, all the buttons work in GP4 via Joy2Key software. The RPM LED's, the Gear Indicator and the 20x4 LCD don't work as I need a plugin for that to work and there's no such thing for GP4.

Unless someonw wants to write one? Lo2k??? Perhaps an adaption of your G15 plugin?????

The brake balance rotary you see at the bottom of the wheel works great with in-car setups enabled, but, I HAVE to race at ace level for this to work. Does anyone know how to enable in-car setup changes at semi-pro level (my preferred level). Maybe that's the subject of another thread... I guess I can always alter the performance levels so I can compete at Ace level. It's funny how the older the get, the faster I was...

There's a lot of circuitry and wiring involved in this wheel, it was a big effort to make and a huge learning curve. I didn't even know how to solder before I began making this, much less learning all about pcb's, resistors, transistors etc.

A couple of pics of its guts, and my dodgy soldering:

Regards,

Date: October 12, 2008 01:42PM
Posted by: airefresco
Is that one of Leo´s boards or beta inovations or something else? I´m planning (and have been for years) to do something pretty similar to you. I spoke to Zaz and Lo2K ages ago about making the pluggins. I think it was Zaz that told me you can do it with the export data from GpxPatch. If I ever actually get around to doing it then I will sure need the pluggin too, so I´ll get whichever board you have and either write the pluggin (although i´d have to learn how) or there could be one available by then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy