GP4 Add-Ons/FAQ [for n00bs]

Posted by Mini Maestro 
GP4 Add-Ons/FAQ [for n00bs]
Date: May 16, 2005 10:06PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Well chrisB suggested that there should be a post telling people about how to update the game, yadayadayada, blah, blah , blah so i thought meh i have had a good day so let me do it....so here it goes.

Sections

1]Questions
2]Needed Tools
3]GP4 Websites
4]GP4 Mods
5]2004/2005 Cars

Questions

Wow!!!! I have just found the game called GP4 and want to know how to update the game and the rest of it with all the newest cars and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Read On ;)

So how do i update my car

Well there is a great tool called 3asywad[see tools section] which can "un-wad" the files so that the car.wad is presented in a normal folder format, usually cars are released with their .gp4 and .tex files which you can copy over and place in your cars.wad..normally cars have the name car_*teamname*_car1/2_lod_0/1/2/3/4.gp4 if you wish to replace the cars from the original slot assigned to the car then you should rename ONLY the *teamname* part...if you wish to change the car due to a season slot then see the table below

henceforth if you wanted a williams in the 2003 williams slot but then rename it car_mclaren_car1/2_lod_0/1/2/3/4

Track Editing, Progress?, I WANT Shanghai

Well look here

[www.grandprixgames.org]

BAHRAIN- [www.grandprixgames.org]

MONACO 2004 SPEC- [www.grandprixgames.org]

Track Editing is progressing faster than ever before and before long we will most probably have a brand spanking new bahrain track by Maverick/Erwin/The God of Track Editing ;) l02k....
No new tracks are as of yet avaliable if you want those try F1Challenge 99-02 [semi-decent EA game], The Other EA Crap, NR2003 @#$%& if you can get this game then install it foooooooollllll!!!!!!!!!!!! and many more.
Nonetheless there is no track editing tool but nonetheless there is the great tool 3DEditor...i believe we are currently at v12.8 and this is progressing quickly as well as more is learned about tracks...

Tracks being worked on currently

Bahrain 2004/2005? - Maverick/Erwin/l02k
Monaco 2004 Spec - MarioB/l02k

there may be private projects like my own but no news has been posted upon them :).

I wish to model and textures

If you wish to model then the tool for you is Zmodeler that said people use various tools such as GMax, 3DSMax.

Texturing is done in a "layered" program the most widely used are Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro although "the gimp" is also used.
Photoshop retails approx £700 while Paint Shop Pro approx £100 while The Gimp is FREE personally i would recommend Photoshop but most of the top painters in this business i believe use Paint Shop Pro although Photoshop is the more powerful and more rewarding tool at the end.

Carpainting?

Visit here: [www.racing-leagues.com] Max "Insert Surname here ;)" Downforce's great site

I like Vortex Generators

Talk to the resident vortex generators expert on the forums named Chet.

Who should i avoid like the plague

Gui, Gui have i yet mentioned Gui?? Naaaa he is alright but if you join a league with him then BEWARE of his driving

2.NEEDED TOOLS

GPxPatch - avaliable at [www.xs4all.nl] - great tool and provides overlays and other stuff

Team Editor 3.0 - avaliable at [www.realgpx.com] - Can be used to edit camera positions, Car Performances , Car Slots,and much more [yes i cant be arsed to list ;)]

TexResizer 2.2 - The new successor to GP4Master found at [www.realgpx.com]

3D Editor 12.8 - found at [www.realgpx.com]

WadUpdater 3.3 - found at [www.realgpx.com]

CSM [Carset Manager] - found at [gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com]

GP4 Tweaker - found at [gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com]

3asywad - packaged with CSM

GP4 WEBSITES

1. GP4Italia - [www.gp4italia.org] - Great site with a lot of downloads who produce mods albeit slow download de temp en temps ;) translate hahaha :P

2. GPG - [www.grandprixgames.org] - Ur here in the forums click the banner and enter the site then downloads

3. F1GP4 - [www.f1gp4.it] - Has a large number of downloads yet recently deleted all the 2003 cars which were on the site :(

4. Dragon Racing - [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk] - Great site but have to be REGISTERED nice downloads and many mods avaliable here

GP4 MODS

1979 Mod - BETA THREAD - [www.grandprixgames.org]
WIP THREAD
[www.grandprixgames.org]

1986 Mod - [www.grandprixgames.org]

1988 Mod - [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk] - get release 2 in links section

1991 Mod - [www.1991mod.drivingitalia.net]

1992 Mod - [www.grandprixgames.org] and [www.gp4italia.org]

1994 Mod -

IMOLA [www.grandprixgames.org]
OVERLAYS [www.grandprixgames.org]
BETA [www.grandprixgames.org]
SITE [realgpx.free.fr]

1995 Mod - [www.grandprixgames.org] and also www.95mod.tk

1996 Mod - Benneton : [www.grandprixgames.org]
Ferrari - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Thread - [www.grandprixgames.org]

2005 Mod - avaliable here : [www.motorsportfotos.co.uk]

as per request...

5]2004/2005 Cars

2004 Cars

***ALL CARS AVALIABLE AT SITES STATED ABOVE and also [sinof1.net] - Enzojz Site .. [ctdp.racingmag.de] - CTDP Site .. [gp4.gamers.nl] - GP4 Gamer

Ferrari - F2004 v2 by Enzojz/Ghostrider .. F2004 Track Specific by Bojan/Matt/Nicola

Williams - Williams FW26A by Wai and Bojan .. Williams FW26A v2 by Dahie/Ghostrider .. Williams FW26B by Intweb [based on Wai/Bojan]

Mclaren - Mclaren MP4/19A and also NT by Wai/Bojan .. Mclaren MP4/19A and B spec by Enzojz/BMWFan .. Mclaren MP4/19B by Wai/Ross Hunter

Renault - Renault R24 v2 by Enzojz/Nemo .. Renault R24 by Shuttle .. Renault R24 by Matt/Nicola/Bojan/Erix included in GP4 Gamer 2004 Set **links to come**

BAR - BAR 006 [v1 , Nurburgring, Canada NT] by Bojan/Wai .. BAR 006 Hockenheim v1.3 by Dahie/Marco Buttner

Sauber - Sauber C23 by Enzojz/Ghostrider/BMWFan :o .. Sauber C23 by Erix/Erwin avaliable at [www.gp4cardesign.tk] or alternatively click Erix's sig ;)

Jaguar - Jaguar R5 [v3 Canada plus v3.2 Extra Liveries] by Dahie/Marco Buttner .. Jaguar R5 Hockenheim by Bojan/Matt/Nicola

Toyota - Toyota TF104B by Enzojz/BMWFan/Ghostrider .. Toyota TF104 by Guyon Waltmans/Erwin

Jordan - Jordan EJ14 [Every GP except Japan and Brazil] by Enzojz/Ghostrider .. Jordan EJ14 [Australia,Malaysia, Imola, Brazil, Canada, Britain??] by Duco Lammers/Erik

Minardi - Minardi PSB04 [v1 and v2 track pack] by Fongu/Nick Ovey/Ross Hunter v2 track pack included in GP4 Gamer 2004 Set **links to come**

Arrows - Arrows A25 by Ross Hunter/Fongu/Ralphi

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2005 01:03AM by Mini Maestro.
Re: GP4 Add-Ons/FAQ [for n00bs]
Date: May 16, 2005 10:14PM
Posted by: markko
Thank you very much - added to sticky :)
Date: May 16, 2005 10:17PM
Posted by: chet
nice thread... it mentioned me :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 16, 2005 10:18PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
dont want to be an ass, and i like erik very much, but it's erwin who's helping with bahrain ;-)

Date: May 16, 2005 10:20PM
erwin, erik ..only mucked up the odd word ;)
Date: May 16, 2005 10:20PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Date: May 16, 2005 10:22PM
wen u look at this thread u realize how far gp4 has come :)

Date: May 16, 2005 10:54PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
*wild applause*
Date: May 16, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
psssstt...you might want to mention GPxPatch at some stage in there Mini.
Date: May 16, 2005 11:50PM
done :P
Date: May 17, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
i think for the jaguar in 2005 shouldnt it be red bull next to it
Date: May 17, 2005 01:34AM
Posted by: six degrees
SHEEPY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think for the jaguar in 2005 shouldnt it be red
> bull next to it

[www.ohnoes.org] :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2005 01:34AM by six degrees.
Date: May 17, 2005 07:24AM
Posted by: Paco
what about "use the search button" and "don't ask for release dates"??? ;)

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 17, 2005 08:34AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Waow , do psp7 realy cost 100 pound (i have downloaded it for free!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2005 08:38AM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: May 17, 2005 09:03AM
maybey that was a free trial.. or just an illegal vers ;)

Date: May 17, 2005 09:18AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
I cant find TexEditor v2.2 anywhere. I have TexResizer v2.2. Is this what you mean?

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: May 17, 2005 10:08AM
Posted by: Willb
" de temp en temps " Well at least my "C" in GCSE French (AKA Google Language tools :P) come in handy at some point " From time to time " (No i actually didnt use google for that....What? Im not actually kidding.

Date: May 17, 2005 10:18AM
Posted by: _Erix_
Nice post, well done.
How about some links to the 2003 and 2004 mods? I host both seasons for gamer.nl and gp4italia has their MP's.

It's not the first time my name got mixed up with Erwin's, once you've seen us in real life you won't make that mistake again :P

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: May 17, 2005 02:42PM
Posted by: six degrees
_Erix_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
once you've seen us in real life you
> won't make that mistake again :P

is that a threat :O

;)
Date: May 17, 2005 03:35PM
Posted by: _Erix_
hehe, now that I read back it sounds a bit harsh ;)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy