GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
Re: GPGSL S10 R2 Pacific GP Adelaide
Date: May 04, 2015 07:58AM
Posted by: danm
Khyber words of the chuckle brothers, oh dear.

oh dear oh dear!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Qualifying has been run, and we have our pole sitter. Coverage should hopefully be up by tonight.

Woah! That's awesome!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPGSL: Snake Motorsport Test Driver for S10 (promoted to Race Driver from Monza Onwards)

GPGSL-3: Christel VXR Race Driver for S9
GPGSL Rd 2 Pacific GP – Qualifying

Welcome back. It’s now time for qualifying, and there is plenty of tension in the pitlane in regards to the possibility of this session being rain affected. And as the testers showed in the free practice, even in the wet it is still possible to improve on previous best times. Who will brave the elements to take pole position? We’ll find out soon enough, as the engines are now roaring into life in the pitlane, signalling the start of the session. Time to head trackside.

Weather Report

The calm before the storm. And as seen in the camera shot, the rain has started to fall.

First man out to brave the wet is the TNR of Horvath.

It seems AMR made a bad decision choice as both Maverick and Elleker have dry tyres on. Maverick is in, while Elleker continues on.

Horvath sets the first time of the session.

McCarthy is also in, as the timing shows that Kittleson goes 2nd fastest.

Cartwright drops himself into 3rd.

A brilliant lap from Rodriguez sees him take provisional pole from Horvath.

But he is quickly demoted as Legge goes fastest.

Moinet will be quite disappointed with his time.

Karjalainen takes the wooden spoon.

Seems Elleker doesn’t want to risk binning his AMR in the wall as he comes back to the pits.

As Nell comes out to get the second group of drivers first runs underway, we can see that Van Smirren has set a time that is good enough for 7th.

Try as he might, Nell isn’t able to get close enough at each sector to the fastest time, and ends up setting the 8th fastest time.

It seems 10th is the position to be in.

Thomas is yet another driver to head back into the pits without setting a laptime.

Warrington, Pedersen and De Bruyker all set their times.

Both AMRs are back ontrack. Let’s hope that this time they have the right tyres on.

McCarthy is back out for his flying lap, but does have traffic to worry about.

Elleker sets his time, which puts him inside the top 10.

Only to be demoted by Maverick who goes slightly quicker.

Despite having traffic ahead of him, McCarthy is able to set his time, and it’s good enough to put him into the top 5.

Copeman’s time sees the MAC driver down in 15th.

Thomas doesn’t seem too fazed knowing that McCarthy is behind him, and he puts in a good time to see him go 4th fastest.

Silvestre makes it into the top 10 with his time.

There is no change in position for Horvath, but at least he sets a better laptime.

His teammate however isn’t able to match his pace, and will be starting the race from outside the top 10.

It’s hard to see due to the spray, but Rodriguez does have a car right behind him.

The car behind is the Shadow of Kederer.

A brilliant lap from Van Smirren sees him take provisional pole.

Nell is fastest through the second sector.

Jalving has caught up to the back of Kederer. Meanwhile, the timing shows that Nell now has provisional pole.

Greenhalgh sets his time, and it’s good enough to improve him up into 6th.

Gilson’s lap is much better than his first one, and he improves up to 12th.

Both Jalving and Kederer improve on their previous time, but they won’t be happy with how their laps went.

Warrington improves, and moves up into the top 5.

Holy smoke. De Bruyker has taken advantage of the drying track to steal provisional pole away. He’ll be pleased with that.

However, Pedersen manages to go even faster, and takes pole away from the One driver.

As Pedersen enters the pitlane for the final time, let’s see the final standings.

With all the cars now in the garages, that brings qualifying to an end. Congratulations Michael Pedersen and MAC Racing, our pole sitter for Rd 2. All that’s left now is the race. We’ve had the rain in the free practice, and here today in qualifying. But will it rain once again during the race? We’ll just have to wait and see. Be sure to tune in once again tomorrow as we get set to go racing. We’ll see you all then.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
6th, great stuff. Hopefully we can turn it into something good in the race

looks like it'll be a rather easy decision.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Pacific GP - Qualifying

5th in the qualifying session it's something to celebrate after a disastrous first race.

More or less optimistic for next thing to come....

-----------------------------------------------------

Damn you Pederson... could have taken 2nd pole in 2nd race !!
What the hell I'm still on the first row and my teammate on 4th row.
Let's have a great race... and see what happens. let's take some points for ONE Team. ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
6th and 11th, very good lads. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
That's what I call rain lottery... pleased with 3rd place, seems like Melbourne wasn't a one off. As for the race, bring it on!
8th is not bad at all, hoping for rain for the race too.
Impressed with 3rd:)
Hoping for better pace for the race.
Oh dear, going to have to do a lot of overtaking to make up for that poor effort

Nice that I'm for once in front of my teammate. But that's about the only good thing of this qualifying. Boss, we really have to talk about technicians and choices of tyres in wet conditions!!!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Well that was not good. I think there will be a lot of retirements. I will have to make sure I'm not one of those.
4th, how about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Again a very spread result with Jake in 5th and Gianluigi in 16th ... Still great position for Jake, hopefully we can finally convert a position like that into a great result! It seemed a long time Jake would be going for pole, too bad the track started drying out ;) ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Fairly pleased with our performance so far this weekend (as long as we ignore mine anyway ;) )

Hopefully we can move up the field in the race (Y)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy