GPGSL S10 R11: Brazilian Wax Grand Prix - Interlagos [Perfs posted][Seat Vacancy]

Posted by GPGSL 
Extremely happy for Marcus, can't say the same for me. As John, started good, ended up badly. Could've been worse though, now to focus on the race. Big points are possible.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
oright!!! That'll do nicely. The car has looked quick all weekend so hopefully we can push for a strong finish in the race. The podium might be a little out of reach at the moment, but if I get through turn one safely who knows what is possible!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Wow that was close, hopefully I can get a good start and lead into turn 1

Nice qualiy from the guys today

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Tough break for Ed, but if anyone can battle their way back into he points from there it is him. Charrel's lap was much more representative of where we currently stand pace wise.

It looks like the Astons have taken a positive step forward since making the switch back to Dunlop. The tyre situation this season could be fascinating.

Congratulations to Markus on his first pole.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Extremely pleased with a top 10 start, hoping for a points finish to start the season off in style.
Once again it was a close qualifying. Every mistake you make means you drop a few places.. Good thing I had a good second lap, though I still struggle a bit with the balance of the car. All is possible from P5, my main focus is on the podium!

The beginning stages of the season are very important this season, with a bit of luck Ed can also finish in a points position.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP – Season Opener – Race Day

Part 1

Hello once again. It is now time for the main event of the weekend. Marcus De Bruyker took the first pole position of the season yesterday, and alongside him on the front row will be Jack Elleker. Behind them will be Sebastian Nell and Joseph Gilson. It should make for an exciting race here today for sure. So then, on with the show as the cars are now returning from their warmup lap and the RD is raring to get this race underway.

Weather Report

Here we go. The cars have all returned from their warmup lap, and we are ready for the start. De Bruyker has pole, but does has the AMR of Elleker next to him on the front row. Who will win the run down to the first corners? We’ll find very shortly once the lights go out.

They are off!

De Bruyker locks up into the first corner, but is still able to hold onto his lead.

Jalving is now up to 3rd, and doing well to hold off McCarthy.

Both Elleker and Gilson lost out at the start, and now the AMR driver has to defend from the SCR driver.

Back to the leader, and it looks like Nell is now close enough to try for a pass on De Bruyker.

The Demon driver has a look up the inside.

And he manages to get the move done. A very nice move indeed by the Demon driver.

De Bruyker now finds himself in 5th.

Nell takes the first fastest lap of the race.

We find Warrington trying for a passing move on Maverick.

It doesn’t work out for him this time, and it allows the cars behind to close in on him.

Elleker currently has the best view of the battle between Jalving and McCarthy for 2nd.

Oh no, the JHR has spun round and is now facing the wrong way. Time for a replay to see what happened.

As the replay shows, McCarthy was trying for a pass up the inside of Jalving.

However, he ends up bumping into Jalving, causing the MPR to run off the track, and leaving the JHR facing the wrong way.

Unseen by the cameras, both Pedersen and Legge are now at the rear of the field. It would seem these two made contact at some point, causing them to both drop down the order.

McCarthy has managed to get facing the right way again, and is able to continue on. He won’t be too happy with himself at this point.

Maverick now finds himself in 7th.

Another fastest lap to Nell.

Warrington is trying once again for a passing move on Maverick.

Once again, the AMR manages to stay ahead.

Horvath tries for a move up the inside of Van Smirren’s Shadow.

However, he wasn’t close enough to go through with the move, so has to stay behind.

The timing shows the movers and shakers inside the top 10.

Silvestre is applying the pressure to the back of Horvath’s TNR.

And Rodriguez is ready and waiting to make his move should there be an incident between the two drivers.

However, the One driver also has to consider the possibility of Karjalainen trying for a pass on him.

Another JHR is in trouble, and it seems to be Moinet this time around. What has happened to cause him to go off track?

The replay shows that Greenhalgh had tried for a passing move on Moinet, but ended up running the JHR wide and off the track.

Moinet continues on, albeit in 21st.

Here is our current race leader.

Jalving goes for a move up the inside of Karjalainen.

Unfortunately for the MPR driver, Karjalainen manages to hold onto his position.

Legge has found himself in a JHR sandwich.

As the replay shows, Moinet was able to get by.

Gilson is back up into 3rd.

Nell is stamping his authority in this race.

That’s a bit too close for comfort between Copeman and Thomas.

Maverick may be able to take advantage of the situation.

Copeman was able to get in front of the Demon, but Maverick just isn’t close enough to try for a pass.

Warrington is still there to give Maverick quite a bit of trouble.

Warrington isn’t out of the clear yet either as long as Van Smirren is still within striking distance.

There’s another battle starting to take place between Horvath and Silvestre.

The Snake driver has a look up the inside.

But he isn’t able to get by.

Meanwhile, Jalving attempts to make a pass on Cartwright, which doesn’t work out for him.

Nell again takes the fastest lap.

We have a battle taking place between Pedersen and Kederer.

Which could become a 3way battle as Moinet is quite close.

The JHR goes to the inside.

And takes the position from the Shadow.

Legge has his hands full having to hold off the other JHR.

Jalving looks to have finally gotten by Cartwright.

Greenhalgh now has his chance to make a move on the SCR should he get close enough.

However, he has to watch out for what’s behind him. Kittleson goes to the inside for a passing attempt.

There’s a bit of contact, which makes the Greidanus GP go slightly airborne.

But in the end, Greenhalgh manages to hold onto his position, leaving Kittleson to deal with the MAC of Pedersen.

Let’s take a look at the current standings.

It’s time for us now to take a break. We’ll try and be back soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP - Season Opener - Race Day

Part 2

Welcome back.

Another fastest lap yet again for Nell.

Van Smirren goes for a move up the inside of Warrington.

He wasn’t able to get by, and in the process it allowed the TNR to make a move on him.

And now Silvestre will have a chance to get by the Shadow.

Van Smirren has a look up the inside in an attempt to get his position back.

But he wasn’t able to get by.

Horvath’s teammate is just shy of a points finishing position.

However, Jalving may make things uncomfortable for the TNR driver.

He has a look up the inside.

But he wasn’t able to get the move done, and has now allowed Cartwright to close in on him.

Gilson is currently sitting in a podium position.

With Elleker in 2nd, it’ll be a lot harder for the SCR driver to win his 3rd straight Australian GP.

Gilson is in for his stop, which means the pitstops are now underway.

Van Smirren is trying once again to get by Horvath.

And this time the Shadow driver gets it done.

That now leaves the TNR driver with his hands full.

Gilson rejoins in 20th.

The race leader is in.

That now leaves Elleker in the race lead.

Copeman is in as well.

Nell rejoins in 5th, but he ends up getting a hit from behind.

Warrington won’t be too impressed that Nell rejoined right in front of him, as it could’ve led to a much bigger incident. However, the last thing the Demon driver needs is to have to defend his position and risk damaging his new tyres.

Van Smirren is now in striking distance.

Thomas has let Nell go through without too much of a fight.

But it appears that the Demon driver has some sort of problem, as now Warrington and Van Smirren have managed to get by.

Now Silvestre has managed to get by.

And even Rodriguez has managed to get by.

Thomas finally takes to the pits to get his Brakes fixed up. He won’t be happy about that for sure.

Jalving is looking up the inside for a passing attempt on Karjalainen.

But with the One of De Bruyker coming out of the pits, Jalving has no choice but to pull out of his passing attempt.

Kittleson goes to the inside in an attempt to get by the One, but is unable to get by. Meanwhile, Moinet watches on and waits for his chance to make a move.

An engine has gone up in smoke, and from the looks of it, it looks to be one of the TNRs.

The replay shows that it was Horvath’s TNR that blew up.

That’s the end of the race for him.

Thomas is now down in 17th after taking his stop, but does have to keep his eye on Greenhalgh who is right behind him.

Talk about cutting a fine line between the edge of the track and the concrete wall for Cartwright. At least he doesn’t do any damage to his car.

The timing shows that Rodriguez is in for his stop.

Elleker still leads, but still has to take his stop.

With Horvath now out of the race, it’s now up to Karjalainen to try and bring home points for TNR.

It’s still on between Pedersen and Cartwright.

And ironically, the other SCR and MAC are close to each other as well.

Elleker is finally in for his stop.

And he rejoins in 2nd.

De Bruyker now finds himself in 3rd.

Jalving rejoins the race in 9th after taking his stop.

However, he will need to keep his eye out for the TNR of Karjalainen so as not to risk damaging his tyres.

There’s a lockup from Cartwright, but at least he can continue on.

With all drivers having now made their pitstops, let’s check out the standings again.

It’s time once again for another break. We hope to be back soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Oh my word, things cannot possibly get any worse...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Argh me brakes! I was doing so well!
overly unfortunate for Norbert, but here's hoping that Tommi can bring home some points for the team.
A bummer that the pit stop strategy for Chris didn't work out, luckily for Dean it was spot on.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Looking much better, maybe I can nick a couple of points (one being for most places gained ;) )

Great race by both Shadows at the moment, both moving through the field. Just gotta keep it clean.

God dammit!!!!!! Threw away a podium. Sorry boss. Sorry Charrel.
Hello all,

I am sorry for my long absence and would like to apologise to everyone who might have gotten scared that i'd end up as a ghostdriver.
After last season i just needed some time off of this thing. But now watching the race i'm completely ready to dedicate myself to this series again!

The race is running quite good for me, nice return and good to see that i have been moving up places with our pitstop strategy. Can#t wait for the rest of the race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Exiting race so far!! I was hoping for no bad luck this season, but once again someone ruined my race by a shitty move.. Thanks for that McCarthy!!

Anyhow, now trying to get back in the race, fur sure I had (and still have) the pace to be up front. Now in P9 on fresh tyres, lets see if we can move up some more places! I have already shown some class act overtaking if I may say so ;-)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
not so good from me sofar...
Charrel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exiting race so far!! I was hoping for no bad luck
> this season, but once again someone ruined my race
> by a shitty move.. Thanks for that McCarthy!!

^^ See apology in post above ^^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy