F1 Manager - 2006 Season - Season Finale! - Results PG38

Posted by F1_Manager 
McLaren

Well done by Kimi, fantastic drive to secure his second drivers championship. Robert throw away his chances today with his spin, but nevertheless he too drove a great season.

With the championship being decided, and Robert being safe in second, we want to give Ryan another chance in the final race. He will drive the car alongside Kimi. The free practice lineup remains the same.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
We will not make any changes to line-up for the last round. We are hoping for a good race next time for BMW.
How's the Brazilian GP progressing, Jack? :)

Some mods
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How's the Brazilian GP progressing, Jack? :)

Not too well. I managed to get free practice and quali run a a week or so ago now but just cannot find the time to run the race.

Honestly, at this point I'm seriously debating whether or not to continue the series, which would be a huge shame considering how much effort has already gone into setting things up for 2007. The problem is is that I just don't have the time to keep things ticking along at a respectable pace and we don't have enough RDs to chip in either.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Twigster151 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not too well. I managed to get free practice and
> quali run a a week or so ago now but just cannot
> find the time to run the race.

Hm, post the FP and quali results, and send me the perfs for the race. I'll do it, however with a reduced coverage.

> Honestly, at this point I'm seriously debating
> whether or not to continue the series, which would
> be a huge shame considering how much effort has
> already gone into setting things up for 2007. The
> problem is is that I just don't have the time to
> keep things ticking along at a respectable pace
> and we don't have enough RDs to chip in either.

The lack of RDs is a big problem. I thought about this, too, and if we don't find any more, I think the only way to keep things going is to reduce the coverages. Sorting the pictures and writing a report just takes the most time, running the race itself isn't that a big problem imo. At the moment my coverages have about 150 pics, which is quite a lot. One could save some time by reducing this to about 50, and maybe also leave aside the report if one is short of time. Worst case is we just post the results pic.

Some mods
I'd be happy for shorter coverage. To be honest, no I have children I find it quite difficult to find time to play gp4 any more and this keeps my passion for the game alive. I hope the series can continue.
I would have loved to do some coverage, but I've got no time whatsoever to do it unfortunately.
I'm guessing this is dead then seeing as there is no news on the last Grand Prix of the season.
I don't think it's dead. But this is regularly a very busy time of the time of the year and nobody seems to have the time to do it right now.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Apologise for the lack of coverage, in all honesty with all that's been going on these past few weeks I completely forgot about the race.

I'll should be able to get some sort of coverage put together before Christmas to at least provide some closure, but after that I'm done. It's unfortunate but I just don't have the time or the will power to keep the series running any more.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Very sad to hear that, you did a great job over the last 3 seasons.

Some mods
Long time no see! ;)

Apologies for the very long delay, wish I had some excuse but there are none, I'm just lazy apparently.

Anyway, felt I should at least close the season before signing off so here are the would-be results from the Brazilian GP:

Again, apologies for allowing this series to end like this, seeing how long this has been running it's shame it had to end with such a wimper.

But thanks to anyone who's ever given a damn about this series, especially to everyone who's helped out along the way. It's been fun :)

I had somehow forgot about this league. At least we ended up 5th :-)

My GPGSL Career
Oooh. Held onto 4th by a point.
Thanks for posting up the results, it was nice to get some closure. I'm guessing there isn't anyone able to pick this up for the new season?
Toyota

A win to end the season and finish 3rd in Constructors,Good job!!
Thanks for the closure :)

It would be great if someone could re-open this though! Maybe do the races with results only? It would save up quite some time, unfortunately I'm not able to. But if all the info stored till now could be made public maybe someone will step forward?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Thanks Jack for all the work you've done the last 3 seasons (B)(B)(B)

I too would like to see this series continue, but with the lack of RDs we can't do it like we did with coverages for each race. Results screens only is probably the only way it would work.

Some mods
Seems I have been cursed - first the GP2 series and now once I entered into these series it is again for short.

However, I would like to thank Twigster for all great moments.
As a matter of fact BMW is 4th in the championship, as the table needs to be revised.

Thank you all for participation in this. I hope we continue it someday.

Btw did anyone heard about Reve-san? I hope he is all right, although inactive for more than a year.
F1 Manager take-over bid?

With the conclusion of the 2006 season and the future of the series in doubt, rumours have sprung up around the paddock of a possible management takeover. Jack Hunsley had recently announced he wasn't able to continue the championship into the 2007 season due to time constraints, but an 11th hour bid has sprung up looking to continue the series for the foreseeable future. The potential new owner? The same man in charge of the GPGNC, Connor Steer. He released this statement:

The F1 Manager series is always something I've kept an eye on, as i think its a fantastic idea. Whilst it's true I've never been involved myself, the series is too good to let end if I think I can keep it running. Jack has done a fantastic job to get it to this stage, and I can only hope I would do half as good a job. The deal is by no means done, I do still run the GPGNC so should anyone else wish to submit a bid I'm not going to put up too much of a fight. But whilst my offer is the only one on the table I'm happy to keep things going.

When asked about his timekeeping in the past, Connor responded with this statement:

For those worried about my record with timekeeping, note this tend to be more as RD due to timings, so the series may have to have reduced coverage at times. For me that's a small price to pay to keep things ticking over. Thank you, that will be all today.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Would be great if you take things over Connor. Will continue to work on the mod once there's something official.

truecrysis
Whilst it's true I've never been involved myself...

Weren't you manager of Sauber or Jaguar 1 or 2 season ago? ;)

I've put the correct tables in the first post. Here are some more statistics for you

(Note: FL of 2006 Brazilian GP missing)

Standings of the previous seasons

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2014 05:55PM by kedy89.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy