2012 Australian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Incident 2k9 
Re: 2012 Australian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 18, 2012 08:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: March 18, 2012 08:43AM
sloppy by maldonado there, way to ruin a mint race.

how did jenson get lewis at the start??
Date: March 18, 2012 08:46AM
Posted by: Toki
Fantastic Race from Jenson ;)

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Date: March 18, 2012 08:50AM
Posted by: danm
Wow, that was actually pleasant!

Enjoyable, steady and smooth win by Button, and some action packed midfield stuff.

I think 2012 could be COMPETITIVE!

Hats off to Maldonado though, totally unexpected.

Kimi did well for his return.

Perez, master of not stopping or what!? Ferrari bound before the season is out...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 18, 2012 08:52AM
TBH he's better off staying at Sauber..
Date: March 18, 2012 08:54AM
Posted by: mortal
Good race, a great start to the season.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 18, 2012 08:56AM
Posted by: EC83
Woohoo Jenson!! Brilliant drive from the guy who's looking more and more like McLaren's outright #1 driver.
Great drive from Vettel too for working his way towards the front.
Great damage limitation drive from Alonso.
Disappointing from Mercedes after their promising performance in quali.
Very pleasantly surprising performance from Williams.
Insane last lap!! Maldonado being an absolute n00b after what had been an impressive drive. Kimi doing an epic job of pwning the midfield bunch he'd been battling with.

Awesome race altogether!

Date: March 18, 2012 09:14AM
Posted by: J i m
Brilliant race despite Williams having a pair of @#$%& drivers.

Difficult to pick a driver of the day yet you'd probably have to pick the winner today. Button looked liked he meant business from the moment he angled his car towards Hamilton on grid and even on the long camera shot you could visibly see his better start, I did for a moment think Hamilton would stretch him out and swing around the outside of him into turn 1 (like he did to Alonso in 07) but evidently he was in sensible mode today. Brilliantly controlled race by Button.. did everything right at the right times. Hamilton was slightly screwed by McLaren letting their drivers go too far into the degregation zone and then the safety car.

Vettel and Webber proved that the Red Bull isn't so slow after all, Seb once again got to wag his finger at the idiots who say he can't race and blows me downs but Webber actually bettered his best Aussie result here... so a victory of sorts.

Alonso, there's only one word: Epic.

Maldonaldo = @#$%& albeit very impressive outside of his fucktardness. He effectively drove Grosjean off the road and then tried pole vaulting the barries on the last lap. It's a shame because the FW34 was far better than today. And it probably won't be as strong further into the season.

Massa & Senna, there are few words to describe that. @#$%& might just do it though.

Mercedes, disappointing... or Rosberg was. Schumacher looked reasonable enough for the time his car lasted.

Sauber were good... Kobayashi back to his overtaking ways and another one stop special by Perez.

Vergne and Ricciardo were good.

Crazy last lap.

Caterham disappointing.

Date: March 18, 2012 09:16AM
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wtf is sherginzzer doing there I thought he got
> rid of all that rapper image BS.

Lewis clearly renewed his contract with her for another season. I'm thinking the team should start putting some sponsor logos on her - it'd take advantage of the constant pointless shots of her during races and she'd look less slutty too.

Date: March 18, 2012 09:17AM
Posted by: matt3454
Cracking race, awesomely controlled drive from Jenson. Most the cars seem fast in different phases of the race. Mclaren and Redbull seem consistently quick. Lotus, Sauber, Mercedes, Ferrari and Williams seem quick enough to at least all challenge for P5 in the race if the front two teams don't retire.

Date: March 18, 2012 09:21AM
EC83 Wrote:
> loque Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > wtf is sherginzzer doing there I thought he got
> > rid of all that rapper image BS.
>
> Lewis clearly renewed his contract with her for
> another season. I'm thinking the team should start
> putting some sponsor logos on her - it'd take
> advantage of the constant pointless shots of her
> during races and she'd look less slutty too.

Haha :)
Date: March 18, 2012 09:24AM
loque Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> -----
> > loque Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > wtf is sherginzzer doing there I thought he
> got
> > > rid of all that rapper image BS.
> >
> > Lewis clearly renewed his contract with her for
> > another season. I'm thinking the team should
> start
> > putting some sponsor logos on her - it'd take
> > advantage of the constant pointless shots of
> her
> > during races and she'd look less slutty too.
>
> Haha :)

Yeah... Lewis is just being Lewis. I'd wish they'd make their minds up... and either get wed or stay split up.

I don't like her personality one little bit... but damn me she's hot.

Date: March 18, 2012 09:28AM
Posted by: geoff
EC83 Wrote:
> loque Wrote:
> -----
> > wtf is sherginzzer doing there I thought he got
> > rid of all that rapper image BS.
>
> Lewis clearly renewed his contract with her for
> another season. I'm thinking the team should start
> putting some sponsor logos on her - it'd take
> advantage of the constant pointless shots of her
> during races and she'd look less slutty too.

Why does FOM always focus on crappy stuff like that? I was shouting at the TV when they cut away from the action to show Lenny Kravitz...I DON'T CARE ABOUT LENNY KRAVITZ, PUT THE RACE BACK ON THE TELLY!

Anyway, good race, I feel really sorry for Williams after Maldonado binned it on the last lap, such a shame. He drove well most of the race, too...

Delighted for Jenson, great drive. Hard luck for Lewis, but there's a long way to go. Looking forward to how those two go across the season now!

Interesting that Red Bull had so much better race pace than quali. They'll obviously be right up there for the rest of the season. Should be a good battle.

Was watching on OneHD here in Australia, but running the Sky feed on the laptop (One kept going to ad breaks, no ads for me muahaha) as well. Worked very well as a combo. Keeping watching the Sky post-race as well, the One guys are really annoying... One thing about the Sky coverage though - the Skypad. Bit naff, no? Can't we just have Ant talking over the pictures rather than standing in front of a screen pretending to press buttons, while Georgie does even less?
Date: March 18, 2012 09:42AM
Hehe... I feel sorry for you with OneHD, my twitter stream was engulfed with rants about it.

Georgie is basically there to look pretty... shame she's not as attractive as McKenzie, but McKenzie also knows about motor sport so has infinity more credit.

Lewis looks like someone's just informed him of a relatives death.

Date: March 18, 2012 09:49AM
Yeah OneHD sucks. The guys are so cheesy, and they keep cutting away to ads, and they are too tight to do proper coverage. It's hilarious for the other races, Sky and the BBC send people out to the event, OneHD have two or three guys in a shed studio in Melbourne. Luckily I don't bother with them at all the rest of the year, I can't stay up late on Sunday nights anyway, so I just avoid the result and acquire the UK coverage for watching later.

I really miss Lee McKenzie when we have Georgie just standing there asking silly questions. Lee is great, really liked her stuff on the Beeb.

J i m Wrote:

> Lewis looks like someone's just informed him of a
> relatives death.

Bahaha yep that about covers it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 09:49AM by geoff.
Date: March 18, 2012 09:52AM
Posted by: Slash
Jenson showing who's boss!! awesome job..

out of the top 5 i think the weakest was Lewis (and he wasn't even bad at all), they all did a great race, Vettel no need to explain anything, Webber looked as if he was driving his ass off on every corner too bad he missed the start but still.. Alonso was unbelievable, i don't know if driver of the race was him or Jenson, Alonso was on the ragged edge on every corner it was a pleasure just to watch him..

Feel sorry for Maldonado, it was a strong race for him but a totally unnecesary risk, especially for Williams after such a miserable season..

Massa.. pfff, Senna.. really? i think he would have more success just actioning his last name

Kimi looked alright tbh, nothing special but it was only his first race, i guess he'll need a bit more to get in rhythm.. Perez was great as well

all in all it was an awesome race.

Feel gutted about Michael he looked pretty decent, much better than Rosberg (who looked strong at first but then just went to average mode) even on those couple of laps and we know his second half of races are his strongest part.. i hope the car continues that pace and we can see him messing the order a bit at the front.

yup i made a bet on Jenson and quite honestly if mclaren continues to have the best car i'll keep betting on him.. the guy is super effective! i can smell Lewis desperate and nervous.
Date: March 18, 2012 09:53AM
Lewis is always at his most amusing when he's having a sulk. Made all the more amusing here by the fact he drove well and got a perfectly decent result.

Date: March 18, 2012 10:03AM
EC83 Wrote:
> Lewis is always at his most amusing when he's
> having a sulk. Made all the more amusing here by
> the fact he drove well and got a perfectly decent
> result.

;)

I have to agree, he always cracks me up at those moments...
Date: March 18, 2012 10:06AM
Posted by: shep34
Great to see Jenson have a win, if it couldnt have been Webber! Even better to see poor old sooky Lewis having a sulk - if he is miserable after a 3rd place finish, he ought to go listen to his gold digging girllfriends music to really make him miserable!!

Really enjoyed the race, apart from enduring One HD' and their ads. Was quite amusing watching the post race stuff, with all the drunks in the Qantas bar in the background, then the un-necessary big burly bouncer moving people on...LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: March 18, 2012 10:28AM
Posted by: Isaint
Well, good opening race. Well done to Jenson, the guy is getting better and better. Real mature attitude and brilliant control of both car and emotions. Lewis unlucky for sure but he needs to get rid of two things ... the silly pop star, ex-whatever girl band moll. I dunno, .... I just don’t get it she's like a guy in drag. Any way each to their own. Secondly, the stupid ' I'm gonna cry any minute look'. There is definitely a mental battle going on outside of the car and surprisingly Jenson is also winning that.
The Bulls have a fight on their hands but strong race from both Seb and Mark ..... I can just see Adrian scratching his bald pate.

Alonso, freakin epic, I mean that Ferrari looked @#$%& from the get - go and the guy is just driving it like it was something that it isn't. Massa I like you mate, ... but you will be going to market.
Maldonado, Perez, Kobayashi .... nice going. Kimi well, no surprise there, didn't expect anything life changing but did ok and still early days yet.

Mercedes ........... Blllluuu!! W.T.H Sad for Michael good weekend. Like Jim said in an earlier post, that despite the Whoo-Haa, it seems that they will still end up the 'also ran' but and I stress ... but .. it is early and maybe the car being new and all, may still have something to offer after the drivers familiarise themselves with it a little more. Who known’s. Still early again but some how I dont think the car suits Nico as much it does Schumie but in any event Melbourne is historichally a dificult track to gauge true individual performance from so, we will just have to see.

In conclusion, I am no McLaren fan .... would rather they didn't win at all quite frankly. But guess what, the car looks beautiful and it drives beautiful, go figure! Congratulations to people who still know how to make a real F1 car.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 10:58AM by Isaint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy