Pet hates!

Posted by rapid_f1 
Pet hates!
Date: February 06, 2012 09:50PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
Just abit of fun but what irritates or puzzles you about F1?

1. Anti stall

That, well, er, isnt. On the reruns of F1 races Ive heard them talk about the cars having anti stall and then the drivers goes and stalls it!

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Re: Pet hates!
Date: February 06, 2012 10:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Penalties from the stewards.

Clearly, if one rams someone off the circuit and they tip over and burst into flames, then I'd give them a penalty.

But making a small error and clipping someone's back end and destroying your front wing and then getting a penalty? Nah. Accidents happen. Deal with it.
Date: February 06, 2012 10:06PM
Posted by: Isaint
Too many 'freekin' tyre changes and stupid color codeing.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: February 06, 2012 10:17PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
DRS. Too fake in my opinion. Let the guys race fairly FFS!
Date: February 06, 2012 10:42PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
These:

- Vettel's finger
- Hamilton's face fungus
- the revolving door that is the Marussia second seat
- Nick Heidfeld not having a raceseat

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: February 06, 2012 11:13PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
+1 for Vettels finger lol

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: February 06, 2012 11:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> - the revolving door that is the Marussia second
> seat

Haha, to be fair Glock is stuck there thanks to a three year deal he signed back in 2009. The di Grassi and Jerome were probably clawing at the door to get out.
Date: February 06, 2012 11:21PM
Posted by: slicer
Shrinking engine sizes. And they get smaller, and smaller, and smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

You get the idea.

-------------------------------------------------
Yes, thank you for noticing I am the most amazing being in the galaxy.
Date: February 06, 2012 11:52PM
Posted by: Slash
growing fear of racing in real wet conditions

comercials

FIA regulating innovations
Date: February 07, 2012 12:26AM
Posted by: elemental
Slash Wrote:
> growing fear of racing in real wet conditions

1. QFT, it seems like they won't let any race run unless the cars can do it on intermediates. What's the point of the wet tyres then? Psh.

2. Lewis Hamilton.

3. The fact that Felipe Massa has been in a Ferrari since 2005. What a waste of seat in a top team. It's depressing.

4. The ongoing process of moving Grand Prix away from Europe to many places which are often largely uninterested in the sport (or can't afford to be) and suffer from Tilke-ist tracks.

4b. The amount of run-off on circuits nowadays. There needs to be a better balance of gravel and tarmac run-offs so that going off track risks a DNF.

5. Q3 tyre rules. Cars in the pit at the end of qualifying with no times, or trundling round the track just for an outlap, that's no good.

6. The absolutely massive front wing. Yes I'm used to it but it's still way too big. It's a bloody snow plough.

7. The general green-ethos direction of F1. Bringing the costs down was good so that we can get more teams on the grid but F1 is trying to be a little too political and it's detracting from the spectacle. Welcome to our V6s or V4s or whatever it is in 2013/14 (don't remember what they decided).

8. Whatever happened to the 13th team? Surely one of those entries must have been better than HRT/Virgin?
Date: February 07, 2012 02:07AM
Posted by: flat tyre
The FIA, although they seem to have become better under Jean Todt's reign. Sometimes it seems as though they WANT F1 to fail, with some of the stupid decisions they make.

And tbh, I get annoyed when F1 fans moan and b$%&* about everything under the sun, without being able to appreciate what they DO have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: February 07, 2012 10:11AM
Posted by: danm
When you tell someone you watch 'F1' or 'Formula One' and they reply by calling it 'Racing Cars'.

*shudder*

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 07, 2012 10:57AM
Posted by: mortal
Can't give enough upvotes for Vettels finger! (Y)(Y)(Y) Please amputate that offending digit now.....
Lewis Hamilton
Louise, not getting enough air & camera time
Bernie Ecclestone

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 07, 2012 09:14PM
Posted by: chet
Valencia :p

But for real, the one thing I hate about F1 is just how complicated it is. Not for me, not for you but for everyone else. Unless you are with fellow fans it becomes impossible to talk about it. You get those people who don't watch, don't understand yet think they know... it upsets me. One example being I remember talking to a guy about the sport, the f-duct came up and he went onto me about how the f-duct gave the car more downforce on the straight to make it faster. All I did was nod and agree because to explain otherwise would have been difficult. I don't blame him. I blame the sport.

BUT if I love it, who cares about anyone else? Why should I care that none of my friends understand it? Maybe I like the fact that F1 isn't pub talk...

So I guess to sum up, pet hate is people talking about F1 when clearly all they know about F1 is there's a black guy called Lewis Hamilton and he drives a Maclaren (sp on purpose :p).

edit - broader summary - my pet hate is most Lewis fans ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 09:15PM by chet.
Date: February 07, 2012 09:22PM
Posted by: Muks_C
elemental Wrote:

>
> 3. The fact that Felipe Massa has been in a
> Ferrari since 2005. What a waste of seat in a top
> team. It's depressing.

i agree with this 1 million percent! it really is depressing. i know he can drive an F1 car better than any of us armchair F1 fans could, but he was never in the same division as the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Schumacher, Raikkonen, even before his Hungary accident. he is average at best, and it pains me every year to see him retain his seat. whatever the lasting effects of his accident, the facts speak for themselves, in 2011 Alonso got 10 podiums including 1 win, Massa didn't even get 1 podium!

yes he beat Schumacher a few times in their year together in 2006, but Michael was winding down at the end of his (first) career and was burnt out and losing interest, he wasn't at his peak like the late 90s and early 00s.

please Ferrari, drop him at the next available opportunity and get someone worthy to help Alonso bring the team back, he can't do it alone.

another thing i hate when i discuss F1 with colleagues or friends, is people who say "it's not a sport, it's only driving, i drive everyday to the shops and i don't get paid millions." these people are idiots who just don't get the physical and mental challenges of driving an F1 car, so it's just not worth trying to persuade them that's it's a good sport to watch or be interested in.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 08, 2012 06:15AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
People who unfairly underestimate Massa.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: February 08, 2012 06:59AM
Posted by: Slash
danm Wrote:
> When you tell someone you watch 'F1' or 'Formula
> One' and they reply by calling it 'Racing Cars'.
>
> *shudder*

LMAO, it happens with me too, small world isn't it?.. i don't say anything but i do insult them mentally, "you ignorant tasteless human"

chet Wrote:
> Valencia :p
>
> But for real, the one thing I hate about F1 is
> just how complicated it is. Not for me, not for
> you but for everyone else. Unless you are with
> fellow fans it becomes impossible to talk about
> it. You get those people who don't watch, don't
> understand yet think they know... it upsets me.
> One example being I remember talking to a guy
> about the sport, the f-duct came up and he went
> onto me about how the f-duct gave the car more
> downforce on the straight to make it faster. All I
> did was nod and agree because to explain otherwise
> would have been difficult. I don't blame him. I
> blame the sport.

Same thing here, all one can do is nod, is too much waste of a time to explain somebody all the details taht surround an innovation in F1, specially if you know in advance that is just a worthless attemp, as they probably won't care, or won't understand anyway
Date: February 08, 2012 09:29AM
Posted by: Morbid
1) Fan-hate.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 08, 2012 12:09PM
Posted by: J i m
I kind of get what Chet says about casual fans, they mean no harm of course but are very annoying.

People who know me, know I like F1 and because I'm English they automatically assume I must be Hamilton's No:1 fan. (I respect his ability but I don't particularly like the guy.) They're almost offended if I tell them I prefer a foreign driver.

When they try to talk about f1 they're using some tripe taken from a tabloid colum with little factual input or anything relevant, you can tell they haven't formed an opinion of their own. If they are discussing a collision then the driver's nationality has more bearing on the blame than the actual driving. If you dare slight "Lewis" then you're some kind of unpatriotic traitor.

And Chet's example about the F-Duct made me laugh because I once had one poor witless sod insist to me that Schumacher's gearbox failed at Silverstone 99 and caused his leg breaking shunt. I was like "lol no".

All this is almost as annoying as people asking which team you support (referring to football) people seem to assume that everyone has a football team. I hate football.

Date: February 08, 2012 12:42PM
Posted by: Isaint
J i m Wrote:
> I kind of get what Chet says about casual fans,
> they mean no harm of course but are very
> annoying.
>
> People who know me, know I like F1 and because I'm
> English they automatically assume I must be
> Hamilton's No:1 fan. (I respect his ability but I
> don't particularly like the guy.) They're almost
> offended if I tell them I prefer a foreign
> driver.
>
> When they try to talk about f1 they're using some
> tripe taken from a tabloid colum with little
> factual input or anything relevant, you can tell
> they haven't formed an opinion of their own. If
> they are discussing a collision then the driver's
> nationality has more bearing on the blame than the
> actual driving. If you dare slight "Lewis" then
> you're some kind of unpatriotic traitor.
>
> And Chet's example about the F-Duct made me laugh
> because I once had one poor witless sod insist to
> me that Schumacher's gearbox failed at Silverstone
> 99 and caused his leg breaking shunt. I was like
> "lol no".
>
> All this is almost as annoying as people asking
> which team you support (referring to football)
> people seem to assume that everyone has a football
> team. I hate football.

Jim, you could be my twin in another life. Everything you have said right down to the football.
I know that there are some pretty informed people on this site and I would be the first to say that I have not got half as much knowlege on the sport but I have loved it for a long time.
The one I always get is ...... ' Oh formula 1. All they do is go round and round in a circle.'
Eh ... hem. I told you my knowlege is not that great but guys please enlighten me. Is there an oval circuit on the F1 calender? Lol.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy