2012 Australian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Incident 2k9 
Re: 2012 Australian GP Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 17, 2012 09:30AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
excactly. i assume grosjean and button will be too cautious into trun 1-2. the former because he doesnt want to blow a great start of the season. button on the other hand, well, because he is button :D. This is a good chance for schuey to storm up to 2-nd. And then we are on for a FAAAAAAANTASTIC BATTLE with the ham !!!!! which will probably end up with a crash ;ddd. However, bad thing for schuey fans like us is, he starts on the dirty side of the grid which always have been pretty disadvantegous here in Mlebourne.
Date: March 17, 2012 09:31AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
ooh, and btw. Everyone thought last year di resta was epic. Well, hulkenberg can only look at him and say: Game on, Bitch !
Date: March 17, 2012 10:47AM
Posted by: Morbid
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Soooooo what was everyone saying about grosjean?

I said stuff like this. In fact, I did so several times:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 17, 2012 11:41AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Nice session. Shame about Kimi. Massively impressed with Groz-jean. Maybe I will eat my words.

Lovely lovely feeling about tomorrows race :)
Date: March 17, 2012 11:51AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
What a session! I fancy Rosberg steaming past Vettel come the race if the dirty side affects the even-placed drivers by a little bit. Considering the track was still pretty green today, that's a possibility.

Grosjean underlined the pace of that Lotus, and Raikkonen's going to want to be excellent tomorrow. Very enjoyable indeed.

And I forgot, a dishonourable mention to Ferrari and HRT. Oh dear, oh dear...

Caterham are closer to the pack now, and Marussia surprised me as well. If they can unlock that car, then it could be handy for a surprise point come the later races.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 11:54AM by Incident 2k9.
Date: March 17, 2012 01:53PM
Posted by: Duffer
J i m écrivait:
---------------------------------
> Kimi out of sorts... but he
> could yet produce Suzuka 2005 stuff tomorrow.
---------------------------------
I hope :-)

--------------------------------------------

Date: March 17, 2012 02:19PM
Posted by: gav
I did not see that coming.

Ferrari, and Massa in particular are way slower than I thought barely possible.

I didn't expect to see Red Bull as adrift as they are - thought they'd be pretty much even with McLaren. Nice to see Webber looking a bit stronger though.

Major @#$%& up from Lotus and Kimi. We could all see it happening in front of us, so it's hard to see how Lotus could have missed it. Grosjean's stunning performance made up for it though. I felt they'd start with a strong car, as they did last year, but I wasn't expecting that.

Clearly Mercedes, with their qualifying-special f-duct system, won't be as strong in the race, but nonetheless, they certainly appear to have moved forward.

HRT... apparently it doesn't matter who manages the team, they're @#$%&. Kathikeyan should be banned from the track with his antics early on today. It's not the first time he's just dawdled along in his own world, completely oblivious to everything around him. Surely it takes extra effort to be that @#$%&?
Date: March 17, 2012 03:32PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
That was a great quali session. So many questions answered and I am so surprised to how much the pecking order has changed!
Kimi/Lotus was a huge let down, he should be higher as Grosjean proved with his outstanding effort. For some reason I feel Kimi just cant get away from badluck at times.

Great first lap by Hamilton! Ferrari, unbelievable how they can go backwards so much. 3rd year now for Alonso and he isnt getting closer towards winning a championship thats for sure.

Date: March 17, 2012 06:00PM
Posted by: EC83
I'm massively looking forward to seeing what should be an awesomely competitive season. With McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes all having an edge over RedBull - looks like Vettel will get the opportunity to prove himself in an inferior car! And we'll get plenty of new/different names up at the front in the meantime! And the whole field(apart from HRT, but that's a given) looks close enough that we could continue getting surprises throughout the season as the cars get developed and evolved at different rates :)

Date: March 17, 2012 08:48PM
Posted by: J i m
Well we can hardly call the Red Bull inferior just yet. Melbourne is not your typical F1 track and it can and does throw up random performances. On evidence of Rubens race pace there last year Williams should have been easy podium contenders... Malaysia and China will be slightly more representative and then a pattern will emerge by Barcelona.

I doubt Lotus and to a slightly lesser degree Mercedes will be this close to the lead pace for all the season. I envisage the odd race where they mix things up... but on balance McLaren and probably Red Bull will have an edge.

Someone ought to put that Ferrari down though... I've been one of the few who haven't panicked reacted to their testing woes believing that they'd probably be ok. Well random Melbourne or not they've got some serious surgery to do on that (could you call it a) car.

Date: March 17, 2012 08:55PM
Posted by: danm
Kimi was let down by the slip on his final lap, meaning he couldn't get an extra run in by a mere few seconds. Not good, but not a disaster!

Grosjean pace proves the Lotus has it, so lets see!

Apparantly the Red Bulls are setup for race pace this year; but with Mercedes having more superior straight line speed, if the Mercs get in front, this could well get VERY exciting.

I haven't felt this positive for a race buildup in YEARS.

Grosjean / Nico for the win!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 17, 2012 09:29PM
If either Mercedes is likely to win it's Schumacher - that's assuming Grosjean doesn't take him out.

Date: March 17, 2012 09:41PM
Posted by: gav
danm
Kimi was let down by the slip on his final lap, meaning he couldn't get an extra run in by a mere few seconds. Not good, but not a disaster!

Kimi was let down by he and his team not realising that the clock was running down and dawdling around in the final sector, trying to get some space (when there didn't appear to be a car immediately ahead of him). He could easily of got that extra lap in.
Date: March 17, 2012 10:20PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
I agree the buildup to this race is exciting, even if I have to get up at 2am ;)
Date: March 18, 2012 04:54AM
Posted by: shep34
Weather will not be a problem here in Melbourne. A beautiful day here. Having being at the track for qualifying yesterday, plenty of support for local hopes in Webber and Ricciardio. Thinking the Mclaren's will be hard to beat. Can't realistically see Grosjean staying at the pointy end of the field - just seems too much of a fairy tale??!! Would love to see Webber lead Vettel home, and finally have some luck here in Australia. Ideally, a 1st corner collision between Schuey and the two Mclarens on the start of the race would be the dream!!! Oh well, we all will see what happens in just over 2 hrs time!!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: March 18, 2012 05:46AM
Posted by: mick_schumacher
Ferrari should stop that "positive & calm" crap that they have been throwing on their fans and fire Domenicali, Massa. infact Luca should fire himself.

Date: March 18, 2012 07:32AM
Cracking race so far, and it looks like it'll get better as it goes on :) So much variation in pace!

Date: March 18, 2012 07:51AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
missed the start what happened to hulk/grosjean?

wtf is sherginzzer doing there I thought he got rid of all that rapper image BS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2012 07:56AM by loque.
Date: March 18, 2012 08:00AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> missed the start what happened to hulk/grosjean?
Grosjean was hit by Maldonardo. Hulkenburg had car troubles (I think) and pulled off the track.
Date: March 18, 2012 08:05AM
Posted by: matt3454
thats vettels race then :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy