rfactor & f1 AI - lost cause?

Posted by Ho3n3r 
rfactor & f1 AI - lost cause?
Date: April 05, 2011 10:45PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
As we all know, rfactor ai is very broken. It seems that the Computer cars race each other well - could be wrong - but when you as a human try to go up the inside, they turn into you literally like you are not even there, and they do not brake when you brake if they are behind you, they also act like you're not there, ramming you up the arse all the time.

So, short questiin: any way to improve the ai's evasive action towards you for rfactor?

Or is it really that much of a hopeless case?

Thank you for taking time to advise.
Re: rfactor & f1 AI - lost cause?
Date: April 06, 2011 08:15AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
There are ways, but it'd produce other issues. I spent ages years ago trying to get working AI and never got it acceptable, nevermind good. It's been a long long time since i worked with it though, maybe someone here (CTDP perhaps) has found some ways around things.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: rfactor & f1 AI - lost cause?
Date: April 06, 2011 02:33PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Oh cool thanks. i also browsed through all of the parameters on the plr file that looked like ai files, which didnt help much since i dunno what they are for.

another thing which i may be wrong about, but it seems that the ai are avoiding you yourself in a point in the car as opposed to missing the whole car, i.e. avoiding point x, y by x metres iso missing object car with point x, y with dimensions x, y by x metres, if rhat makes any sense, because they never turn right through you like you're not there at all. they rather turn into the center of the car and then stop. weirdly though they still give you damage.

the least i am trying to achieve is that they can try to avoid me better. the ai seem to race each other pretty well though.

is there any documentation regarding what the params in the plr file are for?

for interest sake, what did you do to make the ai better? i set the ai limiter to 0 and ai aggression to 0 too, but that just results in the ai not running into one another anymore, as opposed to at least pretending that i am there.

i am convinced that with proper knowledge and tweaking of some params, the ai can be at least as good as any ither racing game today. but if it can at least be at the level of f1c, i will be happy.

such a shame, as the driving model is superb imo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy