F1 Champs

Posted by Shaddix 
F1 Champs
Date: January 20, 2011 11:31PM
Posted by: Shaddix
Hi, as you may have noticed I disapeared of the radar for a while because of personal problems. But now I'm comming back to the web and I'm building something new. I'm trying to make a good "F1 browser management game".

Here's a little preview of the progress:

I'm posting this because I would apreciate some info on what you guys think should be in the game. Also some help from carpainters could come into use in a later stage...
Re: F1 Champs
Date: January 21, 2011 07:37AM
Posted by: mortal
Looks good, no idea how it works.
Fix these spelling mistakes. Salary, happiness. Also the line; You get a new engine contract (got is not good grammar).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 21, 2011 06:19PM
Posted by: Guimengo
good luck, Shaddix! I do believe I've helped by doing a helmet back in the day - Alex Waters? - for a mod that never happened :P. I have completely stopped any Photoshop work so I won't be able to help with graphics.

For ideas I'd just point you towards Championship Manager 3, but making it F1 ;).
Date: January 23, 2011 03:42AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You get a new engine contract (got
> is not good grammar).

Are you for real? O_o
Date: January 23, 2011 08:54AM
I'm not a grammar nazi, however, the word 'GOT' should really be avoided. It is a verb and signifies 'past tense' in usage of the word get. When I was at school, my English teacher said usage of 'got' is lazy as there are many synonyms that would describe the situation in a better way.
The word 'have' would be far better in this instance I'd think. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 23, 2011 10:49AM
'have' wasn't your advice though, you suggested changing it to 'get', which changed the tense from past (which would fit with the game's premise, much like a facebook newsfeed) to present, which is nonsense.

For what it's worth, "got" means current possession, which is entirely valid. I suspect your teacher was a fading remnant of archaic English usage!
Date: January 23, 2011 11:27AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Just put 'You have obtained a new engine contract', so that way the problems with 'get' and 'got' are gone.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 23, 2011 12:39PM
aren't semantics fun :D
Date: January 23, 2011 12:58PM
LOL, you're not kidding. ;-)

Date: January 23, 2011 01:32PM
this is the problem when you make a website in a language that isn't your native language ;)
Date: February 01, 2011 09:58PM
We got a new logo:

And now you can also stay up-to-date with twitter and facebook
http://twitter.com/f1champs
http://www.facebook.com/pages/F1-Champs
Date: February 02, 2011 08:11AM
Posted by: Gigi4
So, when will it be playable?

Date: February 02, 2011 10:46AM
I'm not sure, it'll depend on how smooth the development goes
Date: February 21, 2011 01:44PM
at the moment there's some discussion about how we will implement "custom liveries" for players

have a look at the blog and give your vote to your preferred option!
[f1champs.co.nr]
Date: February 24, 2011 11:47PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Personally I'd like the 3rd option but to be able to paint things at that angle would be complicated, so going with side view.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy