I have GT5 :)

Posted by miffy 
I have GT5 :)
Date: November 23, 2010 08:44PM
Posted by: miffy
I have got gran turismo 5 and it is amazing !!! cant wait to get to use the ferrari f10 as it looks amazing looks miles better than the codemasters version :-O
Re: I have GT5 :)
Date: November 26, 2010 03:12PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
LOL.

This thread really took off!

I bought mine on pre-order from the U.S., express DHL delivery included it was still 10 bucks cheaper than the domestic version, and it arrived the day of the Japanese release!
So very pleased about that.

Very good old school fun (but I would have to say it looks old school as well)! and crucially everything works, and once driver aids are turned off they stay off.
Noticeably the 'Live the Life' garbage is restricted to upgrading cars and getting licensed/qualified for events...i.e. DRIVING and TUNING.

Haven't played at driving on Consoles since GT4 was new, so it's quite a novelty to find the experience enjoyable!
Date: November 26, 2010 06:52PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
Well it's a great game! Fun to drive. I've already got the R10 right at the start so I was able to test already one of the biggest cars.
Physics of road cars seems very realistic, with great sounds ( great improvement, especially for the premium road cars ) but sounds of racing cars doesn't sound great at all ( well like all the GT ).
Contact between cars are improved too, now I'm sent into a spin each time a car hit me from the 3/4 rear of my car.

But there is some bugs or some things that are annoying: sometimes, when I launch the game, I can't choose any mode, arcade or GT. So I have to reboot it.
The NSX GT500 ( I've got it too right at the start ) have a funny bug: the dashboard shows you the wrong gear, when you're actually in 3rd for example, the dashboard shows you are in 2nd gear!

With some european cars ( except British ones ), you drive from the right side of the car. Of course in Japan, you drive in the right side of the car, but, when I drive the Peugeot 207 for example, I was surprised to be on the right side instead of the left side, whereas when I drive the Renault Megane, I'm on the left side. It's not a bug, I don't think it annoys a lot of people, but it surprised me.

The standard cars, even if they came from GT4, looks very well on GT5! Of course we can see sometimes a not High Quality textures, but it's very well rendered!

Great game! But if you search a realistic sim, then some rFactor mods, GTR or iRacing ( never test it but everyone says it's the best ^^ ) are miles ahead!
Date: November 28, 2010 12:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Installing it right now, I'll report back once it finishes installing. Fingers crossed it will be before my week vacation ends ;).
Date: November 28, 2010 01:19AM
Posted by: marcl
I actually think the game is a load of rubbish.

The car still feels like its floating and its far to easy.

The AI is stupid, they just race like you are not there so dont try and block, you can easily pass cars round the outside.

The game also takes and age to load, and between races as well. The music is rubbish and the menu system is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Good points, the replays look good.
Date: November 28, 2010 10:08AM
Posted by: gav
marcl
The game also takes and age to load, and between races as well.

Obviously I don't have the game, but apparently if you disconnect from the internet it speeds up loading - supposedly the servers are all bunged up, so whatever it checks the interwebs for times out or takes an age.
Date: November 28, 2010 10:16AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The loading is apparently installing too. It copies content to the HDD during a load, to speed up the loading process next time. Seems a bit odd, but whatever.

Good points, the replays look good.

GT5 in a nut shell there.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 28, 2010 11:09AM
Posted by: casabonka
pretty impressed so far. has anyone noticed monaco is about 5 metres too wide everywhere??

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: November 29, 2010 11:44AM
Posted by: marcl
And Monza is to narrow.
Date: November 29, 2010 11:52AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I won't say too much on the graphics, as I don't have an HDTV, but they generally seem very good, apart from the shadows obviously.

The premium/standard car split isn't too much of an issue, and I haven't seen any of the horrific pixelated cars that some videos showed before release. Most standard cars are reasonable quality.

The AI are a bit disappointing, as discussed above. Online doesn't seem very efficient or organised, even compared to F1 2010, either. I haven't spent much time on this yet, though.

There are no surprises with the physics. Obviously it was never going to be a super-realistic simulation, but I find it generally quite enjoyable to drive.

casabonka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pretty impressed so far. has anyone noticed monaco
> is about 5 metres too wide everywhere??

I think that's due to licensing. That's why they call it Côte d'Azur (not Monaco or Monte Carlo) and why they haven't tried to update the layout or anything to recent F1 standards.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 30, 2010 12:02AM
Posted by: casabonka
Ahh good ol licensing!

Other than that Im loving the game!
29% complete already!

The '76 Ferrari is a beast.

One thing that pissed me off was the Ford Focus ST. got that and spent 20k modding it for the Eurp hot hatch section, and of course its noted as an American model even though that model isnt avail in the States!!!!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: December 01, 2010 07:51PM
So in the game I purchased the go-kart to be able to take on the licenses. From there on I was awarded a few cars, then I bought a beautiful Lancia Delta 91 for some rallying. Then my 3rd purchase was this:

Date: December 01, 2010 09:58PM
Posted by: rocker
Played it yesterday for about 2 hours... it's ok, but I was expecting something more spectacular...

Did all B licenses and the first Go-Kart and Nascar special events... Go-Kart is my favorite so far!!!

Also did 2 club races and I think the AI is pretty bad, GT5P had a better AI so far... Also I noticed that when I hit an AI car from behind looks like they don't feel it and I hilted a wall and loose speed (even the sound of the collision is rubbish); it happens a lot to hit AI cars from behind (at least on the 2 first races) they brake just too early so after 2-3 turns after I crash them on the first corner (and they race like 3-4 wide all the time, blocking all the road) I just disappear from them on the corners...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: December 01, 2010 10:09PM
Posted by: msater
Ah. I want this so badly now :) Hope I get it for Christmas from my parents :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: December 02, 2010 12:41AM
I wanted it a lot so I got a US, Brazilian GT5 launch will be december, 4th.

But in the end I think the game was average (maybe I need to play it more). There were some features I think would be on it that isn't (like more F1, LMS, GT1 cars and real world tracks like Spa). Also I saw too few events that I believe people will finish it very soon...

I'm thinking about trying RaceRoom from Simbin tonight (but I think it is Race07 with other cars and Hockenheim)...

Rocker
Date: December 06, 2010 07:52PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Yeah, I was looking forward to this game. I'm probably getting it for Christmas, so if the online play is good i'd obviously like to play some of you guys on it.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 07:55PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: December 08, 2010 04:41PM
I'm starting to like GT5, I think it's worth buy it, in case you have a PS3... buy a PS3 just for it (my case, if it wasn't GT5 I wouldn't buy it a year ago waiting for it's release...).
The only thing that I find it strange is braking in some cars, I'm trying to play all aids off, but some cars it's impossible (the first AMG challenge I can't do a full lap without spin somewhere).
I had a 60's Corvette (the premium one) and I couldn't drive it, just after buying slick tires I could brake it. I have a DFGT and try to push like 30% of the pedal (even the graphic on the screen says it) and I still spin.

Gui, Mitsuro Sano, do you use ABS?

Rocker
Date: December 08, 2010 05:14PM
Rocker, for now I'm using the Dual Shock so I have TC off and ABS set to 1, I tried it on 0 but the shoulder button's input isn't sensitive enough to allow proper progressive braking. Around Christmas I should be getting a small but tall table so I can set up my wheel without resorting to a makeshift cockpit ;).
Date: December 08, 2010 07:12PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
Rocker
I try not to use ABS but with some cars, playing with the Dualshock and the L2/R2 buttons as throttle/brake pedals, I can't brake without locking the rear tyres and spin. Using joysticks, it's very easy to drive without ABS, although I'm sure I'm braking too early in each corner lol ;)
Date: December 09, 2010 11:00AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
The gokarting is crazy fun.

The installing-as-you-go is weird, clever idea, but overnight I just let it install everything it wants to so that's all done with for me now.

The menu system is ridiculous. It takes ages to toss your way through the garage to finally find the car you need to enter the crazily specific event you need to do.

They haven't gotten over the "draft your way through the field" challenges, which are diabolical. When a game has an AI this poor, having challenges that rely on their cooperation is offensive.

Mariah Carey has a new christmas album out. It's actually pretty good.

Haven't ventured online yet, so can't report on that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy