a view from you guys... gtr evo, race-on, race 07

Posted by chet 
a view from you guys... gtr evo, race-on, race 07
Date: October 03, 2010 12:33PM
Posted by: chet
Steam have these games pretty cheap, so im looking to get either all of them or just one.

Ive played GTR2 and loved it, so how do these games compare? for mod availability, realism and just general fun.

I would go and read reviews online, but ive read reviews online about F1 2010 and heard only good... tbh, I think when it comes to racing games gpg would be my first stop for advice :p

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: a view from you guys... gtr evo, race-on, race 07
Date: October 03, 2010 02:39PM
Posted by: harjinator
afaik, (i was reading about this earlier), you may as well buy race-on becase that is basically GTR-Evo + Race 07 + some Swedish touring cars. Someone will no doubt correct me on this! (i've still got GTR2, and i'm sticking with it!)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
GTR evolution complete (29.99) includes race 07 and gtr evolution, race on (24.99) is basically the 2008 season for both wtcc and stcc with camaros and formula masters, there's also the race on bundle that includes race 07, stcc the game and race on (29..99). The base game is race 07 so you will need that one to play the others, I have no idea why they just don't release all the games in one bundle, because I really can't tell what's the difference between the stcc in race on and the stand alone stcc game :s

In terms of fun the game IMHO is a little harder than GTR2 specially in the really fast cars, the damage model is also much better as well as the A.I and tire physics. However there are not as many mods and there is no night racing or endurance races, overall I like both GTR2 and Race 07 equally so if you enjoyed one you will like the other as well.
Date: October 06, 2010 09:36PM
Posted by: chet
Just downloading race 07 and GTR evo on steam, got the bundle! hopefully wont take tooo long to download.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 07, 2010 12:07AM
Posted by: Monza972
I have both Race07/GTR Evolution and they are really nice games to play with although they aren't the GTR series of old like GTR2. One thing is though that you need a wheel to get a better immersion within the game. I play through keyboard it feels a awkward and can't race in only leagues since you'd end up hitting someone.

Also, Chet, what's your Steam username maybe we can get the GPG Steamers to get a game going sometime
Date: October 07, 2010 01:11AM
Posted by: rocker
Add me, RockerSJC

But I just have Race07/STCC, I want to buy GTREvo, but I may wait a month or two... (last month I got a DFGT and this month I will get F1-2010) so I have to wait a bit...
In fact I have an offline version of GTREvo, but the guy that gave me his CD used it's Steam key to his account (and he didn't liked it at all :P he believed it was an arcade game, for him GTREvo is too dificult).
I like pretty much the Radicals.

Also, you should get some tracks from nogrip racing, most F1 tracks are available and some US too like Laguna Seca and Road America.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy