WRC by Black Bean/Milestone

Posted by SchueyFan 
WRC by Black Bean/Milestone
Date: September 18, 2010 10:36AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
So the X360 demo is now out, and apparently there will be a PC demo on Friday.

It doesn't look perfect, but once the price comes down a bit, I'll probably get it.

There are some videos of the demo here;
[www.gamersyde.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Re: WRC by Black Bean/Milestone
Date: September 20, 2010 08:09AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I thought about it but it looks like Black Bean screwed that one up like they did with the V8 game. Honestly you should pass on it.
Date: September 20, 2010 01:09PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
so your judging the entire game and like 12 months work on what it "looks" like lol

tellin people to pass on it when youve not even played it is just silly imo

personally im thoroughly looking forward to this game - career mode, jwrc pwrc WRC all included, the graphics look immense and so does gameplay

Date: September 20, 2010 02:27PM
Posted by: mortal
Actually no, not on what it looks like, but on their past performance with the V8 game.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 20, 2010 02:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
so your judging the entire game and like 12 months work on what it "looks" like lol

Promotional videos are there to show off the game, but even they looked terrible. So...yes. Yes I am judging it on what it looks like. If the promotional material is the best bit, I don't want to see the worst bit.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 20, 2010 05:18PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Virtualr.net had a video of a rally driver driving it and then awkwardly trying to not make the game sound bad ;)
Date: September 27, 2010 09:19AM
Anyone who wants to see just how terrible this is, PC Demo is released.

[www.virtualr.net]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 27, 2010 10:14AM
Posted by: msater
I'll get the demo on PS3 when it comes out on Wednesday, and see if I like it.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 10:50AM by msater.
Date: September 27, 2010 10:34AM
Posted by: mortal
I'll save the bandwidth! :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 27, 2010 10:42AM
Tried it, did 1 stage, uninstalling.

Menus are from the Xbox 360 (as shown by the controls still showing on the menus and loading screens), there is no wheel support (keyboard only), it doesn't look very nice and it drives like crap.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 27, 2010 10:17PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tried it, did 1 stage, uninstalling.
>
> Menus are from the Xbox 360 (as shown by the
> controls still showing on the menus and loading
> screens), there is no wheel support (keyboard
> only), it doesn't look very nice and it drives
> like crap.

How unfortunate that explains why on every dev diary I never saw a wheel being tested, oh well there's Gran Turismo anyway.
Date: September 28, 2010 09:08PM
Posted by: Monza972
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Anyone who wants to see just how terrible this is,
> PC Demo is released.
>
> [www.virtualr.net]
> c-demo-released/

I downloaded it, installed it and it didn't even load up. #FAIL!
Date: September 29, 2010 03:56AM
Posted by: Thunderknight
I downloaded and try it, not so bad, of course if we aren´t speaking of sim terms. Its fun to drive (something close to dirt 2), but at the same tame is way too easy. I drive with no assitances and keyboard, and it is even easier than most of Need For Speed versions. That´s a fail. Graphicaly not so bad, well, the same than SBK-X. Menu is fine, setups are quite limited, at least diferent wheater conditions (demo does not include the chance to drive in rain or on a snow track, so no idea of how does it works...).

I´ve drove Richards Burns Rally, and obiusly this game isn´t even close. I´m sure than GT5 with all the problems and things you wanna say, will be way better than this in graphics and realism...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

GP4 Projects: - Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Kovalainen and Ricciardo F1 2012 Helmets Released -
My GP4 Workthread
Date: October 01, 2010 09:16PM
Posted by: harjinator
just tried it on 360... not bad - graphically awful, but the driving model is fairly nice - very Colin Mcrae rally (note- not Dirt) feel to it. If the presentation was up to modern standards, it could be quite a nice game. Unlikely unfortunately - one to get from a bargain bin methinks

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 01, 2010 09:42PM
Posted by: msater
harjinator Wrote:
> just tried it on 360... not bad - graphically
> awful, but the driving model is fairly nice - very
> Colin Mcrae rally (note- not Dirt) feel to it.
> If the presentation was up to modern standards, it
> could be quite a nice game. Unlikely
> unfortunately - one to get from a bargain bin
> methinks

+1, except I'm on PS3

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 02, 2010 08:04AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
I played the demo and it's not too bad but the handling feels floaty and unresponsive, the graphics are horrible mainly because the motion blur is excessive and makes the game look quite bad. Will probably buy when cheap or on some kind of sale.

@DaveEllis there is wheel support on the control options but like I said it doesn't feel too responsive.
Date: October 02, 2010 08:10AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The only other rally game I've played is WRC 4 on PS2, so all I can do is compare to that.

The graphics are ok, but not that much better than on PS2 (if at all), which isn't a good sign. I agree with the previous post, the handling feels very floaty and unresponsive. It does seem very similar to the WRC4 game in terms of on screen HUD and graphics. The co-driver's scream when you crash is quite funny, but annoying though.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 02, 2010 01:31PM
Posted by: IWE
Tried this on X360, PC and PS3.

X360 - lame graphics (thx to low resolution and all kind blur effects), but pretty nice handling after adjusting setup of the car (with default one car is basically fwd).

PS3 - same, but crappy handling with piss poor sloppy original PS3 controller. When starting the demo there was said it is still unfinished product and I have read from somewhere it supports resolution only up to 720p. EDIT: Tried now with G25 and feels already million times better. :P

PC - Had difficulties to start this. First had to reinstall dx9.0c, then updating my gfx card drivers and finally I got till menus, but game still crashes when entering the stages.(N)

I wonder if it will be possible to play final product on ps3 and x360 with better resolution..?

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2010 03:14PM by IWE.
Date: October 08, 2010 06:07PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I've got the demo on xbox.

Graphics are okay - nothing special but not that bad. The demo tracks are good, in terms of layout, style and length. The co-driver is pretty poor - no distances to the next corner (just the corner 'grade';) and those annoying sarcastic comments...

As for the handling, it wasn't great with the pad. It felts floaty (like it looks in the replays) and I had to use stability assist to control it. Then I plugged in my wheel (just the xbox one) and it is much better. Still, again, a little floaty but it doesn't feel as bad as with the pad and it feels better than it looks in replays. The handling is a challenge. You can't just turn in and slide, you need to induce the oversteer and then control it (although once the car's sliding it does tend to slide a little too much).

The thing is, what have you got as an alternative? Dirt is stupid. RBR is great, but I simply don't have the time any more to play RBR enough to enjoy it - I'm just rubbish at it. If I want to just sit down for 30 - 45mins and have a go through some stages I can't really do that because it takes me that long to get back in to swing of it. The only other game is CMR 2005 (which I have and play on xbox 360), and this game beats that hands down.

So it's not a proper sim, but it falls (for me) in to that category of enjoyable and believable handling with a nice range of cars and tracks and satisfactory graphics. I'll definitely be getting it once the price comes down a little bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy