Best Wheels - PC and Console

Posted by Guimengo 
Best Wheels - PC and Console
Date: August 27, 2010 07:40PM
Posted by: Guimengo
So my idea here is for people to contribute on creating a list that is split by different tiers, so those looking to buy a new wheel or upgrade an older one can have a good reference.

As a reference, Tier 1 will be wheels above $400 Euros/Dollars, Tier 2 from $299-400, Tier 3 from $150-299, and Tier 4 is up to $150 (we can alter this). And next to the wheel say if it's compatible with PC/PS3/360. In bold will be the recommended ones.

Tier 1:

Tier 2:
.Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel - Clubsport edition - PC/PS3 - US$319.95

Tier 3:
.Logitech G27 - PC/PS3 - ~US$270-US$299
.Logitech G25 - PC/PS3 - ~US$225-250

Tier 4:
.Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel - PC/PS2/PS3 - US$99
.Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel - PC/some PS3 - ~US$60-110

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 05:57PM by Guimengo.
Re: Best Wheels - PC and Console
Date: August 30, 2010 12:25PM
Posted by: mortal
What is the currency? You mentioned Euros/Dollars. Which one is it?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 30, 2010 04:42PM
Hey mortal, I've added the full dollar currency symbol. I'll be updating this with Euro prices if other people contribute here with more wheels and prices.
Date: September 03, 2010 03:40PM
Posted by: msater
Could you add British Pound? Would be quite useful :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 03, 2010 04:44PM
I created this so I'd get input from other people and add to the list :P. I know there are some custom wheels that are awesome that you can't buy but I personally don't know people who have used them so I can't put it here. If you or others can maybe go on google or amazon.co.uk and post the prices here I'll add to the list :).
Date: October 01, 2010 02:10AM
Posted by: rocker
Got a Logitech Driving Force GT, can I post my impressions here or this topic is only for pricing?

BTW, if it's for pricing, I spent R$ 580,00 (Brazilian Reais) on it, pretty great from my search here (even on Mercado Livre, the Brazilian EBay I didn't find any cheaper than this). But I think I got it with this price because the owner of the shop got only one to see if people here would be interested in it. I think it was stuck there (as I think really few people play sim-racing here in Brazil) so he decided to sell it cheaper to sell it faster (I think his profit on it was really low). On Internet I could not find it for less than 650 reais.

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 07, 2010 07:20PM
Posted by: reddwarf
Hmm no wheels for the xbox 360 mentioned lol
Btw i find my cheapo logitech force ex wheel perfectly adequate lol
Date: October 07, 2010 08:01PM
I didn't put the 360 wheel there because I didn't read nice things about it. Since I don't own one either I don't know what is compatible but I hear some Fanatecs work :). If people write here I'll keep adding to the list!
Date: October 07, 2010 10:22PM
Posted by: sasjag
Fanatec ftmfw.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy