Oran Park for rFactor

Posted by auscain 
Oran Park for rFactor
Date: April 26, 2010 02:20AM
Posted by: auscain
A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded Oran park raceway. Some clever dudes have built this track for rFactor. I drove around in a heavy five speed Chrysler. It's possible this car in itself is the problem, also I am not using the 1.3 patch apparently better physics for rFactor.

I have to share with you this is a track I grew up with, and I knew the track very well. It was most interesting, for the first time I did not have to learn the track, driving on it in a simulator. There are a few concerns that I have. There is a drop off in gradient just before the end of the pit lane on the main straight that seemed to have little or no effect on the physics or the speed difference (is it possible that the track is shorter on the straight?). Also, the track seems very narrow after the left-hand dog-leg at the end of the main straight and again coming onto the main straight, there is no sense of compression from braking into what is essentially uphill at around 160km .Before that 4th gear uphill, right left dog-leg keep almost flat, drop off downhill, hard brakes, 3rd gear main straight.

Does anybody know if the subtle differences are there because of the physics or the track building software limits?

Some pics and if you’re interested to see what I’m talking about.
[www.gtplanet.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 09:02AM by auscain.
Re: Oran Park for rFactor
Date: April 26, 2010 12:12PM
Posted by: mortal
It's just the physics of the track combined with the car, try it in a V8 Supercar. Update your rFactor as well, that would help, when I get a chance I'll have a look at Oran Park, I'm sure I have it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 27, 2010 03:56AM
Posted by: auscain
Thanks mortal, I actually don’t have the V8 supercars yet or the physics patch. I do think it was strange that big V8 was running out of legs. I’m sure the supercars will be the ticket. What a fabulous racetrack Oran Park was:(
Date: April 27, 2010 11:20AM
Posted by: mortal
That was an interesting post all those pics of the track. Never actually been there but have seen it on telly a few times.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 28, 2010 12:36PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
hanging out for this in iracing. its gonna OWN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy