Madden NFL 08 problem <<<SOLVED>>>...but I have another question

Posted by abdelkader 
Hi.
My friend gave me his copy of Madden NFL 08. I installed it and noticed that only the Colts' arena works fine. I can play only exhibition games as I can choose the arenas to play them at, and I always choose the Colts' one.
I'm unable to play in the franchise mode as when I load any other arena than the Colts' , the game starts lagging, the screen flashes and the pitch is completely black without any yard marks on it. Why is it so? Is the re any patch or something? Or maybe there's something wrong with the game itself? Thanks in advance

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 02:40PM by abdelkader.
Re: Madden NFL 08 problem
Date: February 12, 2010 12:35AM
Posted by: sasjag
specs?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Re: Madden NFL 08 problem
Date: February 12, 2010 05:01PM
Posted by: abdelkader
I have just managed to get it to work properly. My graphic card drivers were outdated, as simple as that. Now it works bad@$$ :)

Sasjag, thanks for your concern :)

A couple of minutes ago I started up a franchise with Oakland Raiders and I noticed that there's no team logo in the middle of the field as well as there are no 'Oakland' and 'Raiders' writings in both endzone areas. They appear there in exhibition games but they don't in franchise mode. Is it because I have to upgrade the stadium or is it a bug?

i THINK its because the raiders share the stadium with the Oakland Athletics, and so for the first month or so of teh season they're using the Stadium at the same time, and painting it all on and then removing it each week would be too much hassle/cost to do.

however, i'm not entirely sure, as i cant reember seeing the raiders at home for ages. Keep playing and see if the logos appear in Nov/Dec

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Indeed, the logo appeared in some fourth or fifth week. By the way, I didn't think the game was THAT realistic. :)

Oh yeah it is. Same as in week 8 the two teams will play at Wembley (on 08 i think its Giants v Dolphins)

Sim

Oh, didn't notice it. I'll have to start another franchise only to see this. :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy