Codewankers DIRT2 craptacular FAIL

Posted by mortal 
Codewankers DIRT2 craptacular FAIL
Date: January 24, 2010 11:50PM
Posted by: mortal
This is going back for a refund! Absolutely nothing happens, not even a black screen, the exe just refuses to start.
Here's the list of everything I've tried to get this to run.

Forced dx9 in the config.xml FAIL
Removed the 3D app FAIL
Re-installed three times FAIL
Re-installed the OpenAL FAIL
Re-installed Windows Game Live FAIL Why am I forced to use this crap anyway? The comp I want to run it on isn't even on the intertubes! Just to get through all this I've had to hook it up.
Tried three different versions of openal.dll FAIL
Installed the ATI Hotfix for XP FAIL
Tried a NOCD from gamecopy world, an attempt to bypass the secure rom FAIL
Tried running in administrator mode FAIL
Tried installing in administrator mode FAIL

Before I completely spit the dummy, I will install SP3 for XP, (downloading now). I've already had to install some net framework thing, and apparently it's not compatible with Firefox! Oh yeah, and update my DX, which I thought was fine already.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Codewankers DIRT2 craptacular FAIL
Date: January 25, 2010 12:47AM
Posted by: miffy
Hi what graphics card have you got ?
Date: January 25, 2010 12:53AM
Nvidia HD 9600GT 512MB, latest drivers installed. According to Google other users can run DIRT2 with this card. Go figure. Currently trying another installation.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 25, 2010 12:59AM
hmm not the best graphics card but should be fine what are the rest of your specs ? :)
Date: January 25, 2010 01:06AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Before I completely spit the dummy, I will install SP3 for XP

You are still on XP? Seriously?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 25, 2010 01:30AM
Only on the simulator comp, it's hardly ever connected to the net. It runs GP4 maxed out, and RFactor no problems at all.
Installed is VGP3, GP4, F1C for the mods, RFactor, GPL, NFS Shift, Super Karting & Nascar Thunder. I just did another install, I already had SP3 for XP, updates did NET Framework, again, still an EPIC FAIL. I've had a gutful, I'm returning it. Cheesed off to the max!
Oh wait, I've just looked sideways at the simulator screen, there's an intro movie playing, w00t! But will it play? Stay tuned to this channel for more news! LOL ;)

Date: January 25, 2010 01:45AM
Right, it actually runs. Created an offline profile, did the auto save stuff. Remembered to turn on the sound amp :-) Plugged the G25 back in, restarted it, and about to go for a spin. Maybe I'll get my $$$'s worth after all. :-)

Date: January 25, 2010 04:00AM
Posted by: casabonka
I've got it on PS3 and its actually not a bad game. Def better than Race Driver Grid!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: January 25, 2010 05:06AM
With a good bit of argy-bargy I won the first race. :-)

Date: January 25, 2010 12:07PM
Good to hear you got it working :)
Date: January 25, 2010 12:18PM
I don't believe I've ever had so much trouble with what should be a straightforward install. And they say these guys are making an F1 game, I dread to think what it will be like. :-)

Date: January 25, 2010 02:29PM
Try GTA4 for the PC. Installing that will make Codemasters seem epic.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 25, 2010 10:37PM
Grand Theft Auto, by Rockstart Games, that looks interesting. I'll see if I can pick it up on ebay. :-)

Date: January 25, 2010 11:54PM
The PC Version? Careful with that. It requires a whole bunch of extra @#$%& to be installed, such as Rockstar Social, and Windows Live Games. If the serial key is tied to a username (like Steam games are) then second hand copies won't install.

If you manage to get it to install, only a NASA super computer will get it above 5 FPS.

If you have a console, get GTA IV for it. It rocks. But don't spend money on the PC version.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 26, 2010 12:04AM
That shoots that down in flames! I don't use consoles, but I do have a NASA computer, but not on my simulator lol. :-)

Date: January 29, 2010 09:05PM
Posted by: gin
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before I completely spit the dummy, I will install
> SP3 for XP
>
> You are still on XP? Seriously?

why? there is absolutely nothing wrong with XP, DX10 is overrated crap

Date: January 30, 2010 02:27PM
DX10 =! Windows 7, just FYI.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 31, 2010 12:23PM
It's still running, driving my way through the events. Only problem is it locks on QUIT, sound has a little stutter, goes nowhere, so I just pull the plug to shut down. Can't find anything online about it either, meh, at least it still runs. :-)

Date: February 02, 2010 11:31AM
That glitch has stopped, meh, whatever. I was driving tonight, got to level 14, and in the list of achievements this came up. 1 out of 2 1 Girl 2 cups.
Much WTF,ness lol :-)

Date: February 05, 2010 06:22AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
I have XP and I didn't had any problems fortunately, steam version and the game is pretty good, though I can't beat the A.I. on hardcore yet, they are very fast.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy