Flight Sim controllers

Posted by mortal 
Flight Sim controllers
Date: January 10, 2010 08:00AM
Posted by: mortal
Does anyone have one? Or have any recommendations? I did a quick troll through ebay and came up with zilch. A lady friend was over today, and she said she is going for her pilots license, and after seeing my race simulator, she asked if I could build here an aeroplane cockpit.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Flight Sim controllers
Date: January 10, 2010 08:09AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
If you wana go all out...
[www.logitech.com]

or i got htis
[www.thg.ru]
logitech thrustmaster afterburner

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: January 10, 2010 09:53AM
No good, she wants to fly a plane, not a helicopter. The second one doesn't have a usb connection either.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 10, 2010 04:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Just google it. There are plenty of results out there, such as Amazon [www.google.co.uk]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 10, 2010 10:14PM
Thanks, I did see amazon earlier, it's a great price, but ships only to the US.

Date: January 11, 2010 12:19AM
Posted by: n00binio
is she getting a privat pilot's license or is she going to fly for an airline?
i think the main problem concearning flightsticks is, that most modern planes and of course military aircraft (and the space shuttle ;) ) are equipped with joysticks which makes the interest in classical flightsticks even smaller. i would try to get a decent joystick with separate rudder pedals and throttle control (as already posted above). everything else is likely to cost too much.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: January 12, 2010 12:27AM
Private pilots licence, and she will mainly be flying Cessnas, so it's a yoke. I suggested a good flight stick, but she wants the push in and out wheel type of controller. I sent her this after using different search parameters on ebay. Flight yoke I said go for broke and get the Captains pack. :-)

Date: January 12, 2010 01:03AM
great find, but quite expensive. the captains pack is awesome and the fact that you have separate throttle control and rudder pedals would be great for a custom simulator. i guess FSX will be the sim?

p.s.: don't forget to plant some rubber bushes near the runway ;)

Date: January 12, 2010 02:05AM
Posted by: auscain
This is the system for a Cessna :

Pro Flight Yoke System

Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

+ key boad and or (Pro Flight Switch Panel)

I use:[www.memoryexpress.com]
or Try DickSmiths in Aus.
Date: January 12, 2010 02:42AM
What's with the rubber bushes? Yes, FSX Deluxe is the sim, with the expansion pack. I checked Dick Smith online, they can get the yoke and the throttle quadrant, don't see any rudder pedals.

Date: January 12, 2010 03:06AM
I’m shore you can order them through Dicksmith. Did you check out the price at Dicksmith they seem to be a little much on this stuff. Compared to here: [www.memoryexpress.com]

Later mate
Date: January 12, 2010 03:40AM
I checked this out last winter, pretty slick. I spend a lot of time practicing and I have a nice set up but it’s not that nice. Considering it costs $120,000 to become a pilot in Aus.
[playseat.com]
Date: January 12, 2010 04:18AM
memoryexpress do not ship outside of Canada. :-/
This is my home built racing simulator, I could build a plane cockpit similar to it. It has two amps, one for two speakers, the other is a sub amp to run the bass shaker under the seat. G25 wheel, Dell low profile comp under the seat, 9600GT 512mb HD out and a 24" HD monitor. It's where I do my drink driving. ;-)

Date: January 12, 2010 05:17AM
Yes I kind of knew that. And thanks for sending the photo’s I was hoping you would, nice job not quite setup for GP 4. I’m sure it’s adjustable and custom. I would first ask Dicksmith for a discount when you order they have a heavy margin in that stuff. I could be wrong sometimes the import duties of weird in Aus.
Date: January 12, 2010 06:47AM
It's ok for GP4, however I do like the V8 Supercars mod and the V8 Legends mods in rFactor. If I start a build on a cockpit I'll do a W.I.P thread. :-)
Are you an aussie in Canada?

Date: January 12, 2010 07:37AM
I would be interested, check this out got it from a link on a Microsoft site for flight simulator x
[www.simpits.org]

I know what you mean about r factor it is interesting and I just love the V8 series it is crazy almost out of control driving.
I’m a GP 4 fan all the way. I’ll tell you the shifter for my G25 wheel is on the left and yes. :-)
Date: January 12, 2010 05:07PM
mortal schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's with the rubber bushes?

that's a common play on words here, seems it's not as common in other parts of the world :-P
we always say it if someone get's a drivers license or something similar. the idea is that a thing called rubber bush should consist of rubber thus making any collisions with it less heavy than they would be if it was a proper tree or bush. so plant rubber bushes to save the driving/flying beginners :) .

Date: January 12, 2010 07:09PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
DAMN YOU FSX and your unworking disc 2.

bah

Date: January 13, 2010 12:06PM

I’ll tell you the shifter for my G25 wheel is on the left and yes. :-)

Roger that! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy