General games thread

Posted by msater 
Re: General games thread
Date: November 12, 2009 01:04PM
Posted by: ralv585
it still alive and doing well, but you can see all the main developers are concentration on consoles now, and doing half hearted ports.

one of my favourite games is Pure, is fantastic on the xbox, but on the pc it's dire.

fifa on the pc is just an updated ps2 engine

no dedicated servers for modern warfare 2

games tend to get released later on the pc

the shift has begun, and its only a matter of time before pc gamers need to make a permanent shift, i've already jumped shipped and enjoyed every minute!

Date: November 12, 2009 01:18PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
fifa on the pc is just an updated ps2 engine

An EA game is half arsed? That's been the case since the early 90s. Why does this signal the downfall of PC games?

no dedicated servers for modern warfare 2

Contrary to what has been posted, Modern Warfare 2 is not a Console - PC port. The engine is was designed in COD4 and only underwent minimal edits to become what it was for MW2. Porting over basic stuff like scripting, textures, sounds, is what was done, and that does not make it a "half arsed port". Dedicated servers were taken out for calculated reasons. The community may not agree with those reasons, but they weren't taken out because it was a port.

the shift has begun, and its only a matter of time before pc gamers need to make a permanent shift, i've already jumped shipped and enjoyed every minute!

I've read the same thing every year for a decade. Sorry, I don't buy it now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 12, 2009 01:49PM
you may have read my whole port thing wrongly, i was just mentioning pure and fifa as examples, mw2 was just to highlight no dedicated servers.

infinity ward are too good to just port it over.

Date: November 12, 2009 06:41PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I've seen far more friends online lately and it's always the same, under their names: Modern Warfare 2 - thisandthatlevel ;).
Date: November 12, 2009 08:40PM
Posted by: SexySam182
I heard the ps3 servers crashed because too many people were trying to play mw2 at once? Any ps3 owners had any problems?

Date: November 13, 2009 12:07PM
only problems i've had are being unable to join parties.

it would always come up with saying its no longer valid, they were supposed to have fixed it in the patch, but there are still problems joining your friends

Date: November 14, 2009 08:32PM
Posted by: smorr
700,000+ online I constantly see in MW2. I love it, P90 rapes again! Anyone up for some MP shield action?

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: November 14, 2009 08:59PM
ps or xbox?

Date: November 14, 2009 09:26PM
Posted by: mortal
I saw a report that modded xboxes are flooding ebay as they have been banned online by microsoft.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 15, 2009 11:44AM
Posted by: smorr
360. Yep Mortal. I'd wouldn't be picking an xbox up off of ebay anytime soon!

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: November 16, 2009 01:06AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls game. Number V needs to have Oblivion's graphics with Morrowind's story. 2010 at very earliest though.

rFactor 2.0 - maybe they will fill in some of the holes and give us decent AI - I have to talk to that guy on Facebook, I'll ask him.

Aliens Vs Predator (the new one) 'cause it's made by those who did the original.

Anyways I start a new job tomorrow so off I @#$%&!
Date: November 16, 2009 07:10PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
smorr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 360. Yep Mortal. I'd wouldn't be picking an xbox
> up off of ebay anytime soon!

Hahah why not, you're bound to get some good deals if you don't care about xbox live.

H E L L O
Date: December 02, 2009 11:48AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls game.
> Number V needs to have Oblivion's graphics with
> Morrowind's story. 2010 at very earliest though.

I reckon a remake of Morrowind with Oblivion graphics...lol.

I've been playing Forza 3 and MW2 on Xbox 360...both good, but I tend to not play MW2 too much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 11:57AM by Incident 2k9.
Date: December 03, 2009 03:28AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I'm looking forward to seeing Fallout: New Vegas next year :)

Right now I'm not playing too many games, got Forza a few weeks back and it's a good laugh but I've been busy with uni work and other stuff

Still well worth a look in if your on the 360 I reckon

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy