GP2 + DOSBox - Best sound configuration? (SOLVED)

Posted by Titus03 
GP2 + DOSBox - Best sound configuration? (SOLVED)
Date: June 22, 2009 02:37PM
Posted by: Titus03
I have upgraded my computer (Dual Core) and GP2 began to run very unstable with Windows XP, so I decided to use DOSBox for GP2. It's running very fine on it. Only problem is that the sound is very much out of sync, about 1 - 2 seconds.

Has anyone got tuned DOSBox sound settings with better sync (about 0.1 - 0.5 seconds)? If anyone has, please post your settings here. I believe that I'm not the only one who is suffering of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 12:06PM by Titus03.
Re: GP2 + DOSBox - Best sound configuration?
Date: June 22, 2009 11:33PM
Posted by: AAS
Tutorial: Running GP2 on Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP
[grandprix2.de]

GP2 runs much better with vdmsound under xp.
Gp2lap doesn't work with Dosbox.
Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I used VDMSound with GP2 almost for three years and when I had a single core processor, it was running very well. Now when I've moved to a dual core one, GP2 is more stable and runs better on DOSBox, except sounds. (Even VDMSound didn't provide best possible quality with a dual core processor.)

I don't need GP2Lap, so it's not a big issue.

EDIT:

I was browsing other forums and found that the following settings were suggested for the most of the games:

blocksize = 64
prebuffer = 1000

With those settings GP2's sounds are almost sync, well enough even.

GP2Lap? - It works brilliantly with newest version of DOSBox. At least if GP2 and GP2Lap are installed normally to the HDD and then created a shortcut for GP2Lap running on DOSBox.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 12:07PM by Titus03.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy