RFactor driving with a keyboard? Possible or not?

Posted by Pont 
RFactor driving with a keyboard? Possible or not?
Date: June 16, 2009 08:21AM
Posted by: Pont
RFactor driving with a keyboard? Possible or not? I play gp4 with keyboard and that's possible...but what about rfactor?
Re: RFactor driving with a keyboard? Possible or not?
Date: June 16, 2009 08:37AM
Posted by: Gigi4
Possible, i do it, but it's nothing like a good joypad or steer

Date: June 16, 2009 11:05AM
Posted by: IWE
Possible, but its absolutely horrible on keyboard if comparing to Gp4 railroad simulator (unless you want to keep all driving aids on to make it drive almost by itself like in Gp4).

To get good feeling to all cars you need a steering wheel, but with some driving aids on or with calm cars joypad is totally ok.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 16, 2009 12:07PM
Posted by: Peat
And you will win no friends online, as racing against a keyboard-racer is usually a horrible experience...

Date: June 16, 2009 03:40PM
ok so with a keyboard the game is driveable with some help on (just like gp4 when playing with a keyboard)..can is also play with my own name in rfactor? Are there any editors available like in gp4?
Date: June 16, 2009 04:46PM
Posted by: Nickv
It's possible, but not recommended. Just like it's possible, but not recommended to set your own shoes on fire. Or hold your breath for 6 minutes. Or make a move on Gui.
Oi! Nick JOSHUA :P.

I remember when I was having issues with my wheel and tried rFactor on keyboard with only TC on low and auto clutch, was almost suicide :P. It works if you're running on road tracks but for ovals you need to have the steering help on at least on low, as the constant tapping on the arrows will make you lose so much time driving on a zig-zag pattern. But yeah, it's very drivable! You may have problems online as servers may not allow for aids because some people with wheels may use them.
Date: June 16, 2009 08:20PM
Posted by: IWE
> ok so with a keyboard the game is driveable with
> some help on (just like gp4 when playing with a
> keyboard)..

Ya

>can is also play with my own name in
> rfactor?

Ya

Are there any editors available like in
> gp4?

Ya, kind of. You can do much more without any real editors if comparing to gp4, but on the other hand some things are really complicated to do. But in the end you dont really need anything unless you want to build own mods.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
GP4 is fine to play with a keyboard, even without traction control with the right setup.
I tried RF with a kb and it just felt boring, the only way to get it driveable was with virtually all aids on and then it's no fun driving, kinda like GP2/3 with all aids on, so yeah it's possible but pointless.

Date: June 17, 2009 01:55PM
NickKK schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP4 is fine to play with a keyboard, even without
> traction control with the right setup.
> I tried RF with a kb and it just felt boring, the
> only way to get it driveable was with virtually
> all aids on and then it's no fun driving, kinda
> like GP2/3 with all aids on, so yeah it's possible
> but pointless.

ok so your conclusion is....get a steering wheel for rfactor?
pain in the arse for keyboard playing Rfactor cars spin out on every corner for me :(
Date: June 17, 2009 04:43PM
Posted by: Gigi4
and with all aids you just have to accelerate and brake, not so funny

try the demo with steering help on low (only needed if running ovals), Traction Control on Low, and autoclutch. If you're losing the rear, try adding the ABS brakes/Stability Control.
Regarding keyboard, I'd suggest also to setup car bias heavily tending for grip plus understeer. That being said, objective is to make less the number of spins, subsequently more playable/enjoyable (in this case) game.
Yeah, always have the front wing at far less degrees than the rear!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy