rFactor wheel lock and Monaco?

Posted by mortal 
rFactor wheel lock and Monaco?
Date: May 25, 2009 01:39PM
Posted by: mortal
Turns 5, 6, 7 & 8 are a nightmare. I have set the lock to 30 degrees in the garage and I still can't get around these turns properly. The AI rip through these corners but for me it's a disaster. Does anyone have a solution for this. I'm using CDTP2005 with the GP4 conversion Monaco 79 layout.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: rFactor wheel lock and Monaco?
Date: May 25, 2009 02:33PM
Posted by: Peat
30 degrees!???? Wow.

What wheel do you use? I have a G25 at 400deg and steering lock at 12deg and get around all the twistys just fine.

Date: May 25, 2009 02:38PM
Posted by: mortal
I did a bit of research on google and discovered that my g25 was set to 200 degrees. I didn't realise that could be changed. Doh! So I set it to 360, which is about what an F1 car should be apparently and I'll set in-game to 12 degrees and test it tomorrow as it's a bit late to do that now. I think that will fix it. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 25, 2009 07:10PM
Posted by: Peat
Cool.

Well, i have it at 400 as its a happy medium between single seaters and saloons etc. I can then make final adjustments to the steering lock in-game to make it 'feel' correct.

Date: June 11, 2009 05:18PM
Posted by: JPM
Don't forget that if you turn the wheel with too much lock you'll just understeer also, although in saying that it looks like you've found your problem

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy