Killzone 2

Posted by ROBITUSSIN JR. 
Killzone 2
Date: February 16, 2009 04:26AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Is anybody here planning on getting it? I downloaded the demo and it's great, it definitely has the best graphics of any console game,and the animations and physics are top notch. Plus even Hitler is pissed off because he will miss it :)

(It will probably not be very funny if you speak German)
Re: Killzone 2
Date: February 16, 2009 11:13AM
Posted by: Covfan
Tried the demo and was fairly impressed with how good the controls felt (and how "heavy" they felt)
Date: February 16, 2009 11:26AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I got the demo, and I like to be honest on matters ;) The demo is alright, controls are REALLY annoying, not sure if its the PS3's controller which is causing it but you have to virtually move your whole hand on the controller on for instance - using the knife quickly, which is pretty annoying cause you end up standing there like a dill with a guy shooting at you till you can select it ;)

The gameplay's not brilliant either, I end up spending AGES trying to turn to the next target, till I'm dead, can't seem to stick to the wall properly either, and when you do stick to the wall half the time the glances don't work properly so you end up looking at a wall.

Graphics are fantastic! Some of the explosion cinematics are very nice indeed, really does draw you in like a movie! and the smoke/fire effects, wow! Also really love the detail which have gone into the guns :)

Story I'm always wondering things like "whats Helghast?" "who am I again?" "why are we invading then?" Now granted you could say 'you don't have the backstory from the 1st one' agreed I don't, but Half Life 2 proves you don't need to know the whole backstory to make a good storyline, alot of people who played Half Life 2 probably never played the first one.

Sound effects, again superb! Love the sound of the machine gun and bullets flying past your head in Surround Sound :D

Overall its a decent game, Controls and Gameplay problems are there and unfortunately thats what ruins it for me. It reminds me alot of Halo 3, but with more bling. What may have been a decent game if it was left to its own devices, but ruined by the thousands of fanboys and overrated reviews putting it so high up on a pedestal that it can never live up to the average gamers expectations of it :(

EDIT - Oh and I'm still buying the game too, had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while now, £29.99! [www.amazon.co.uk] Bargain!! :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 11:31AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: February 16, 2009 11:52AM
Posted by: Johnny
I also played the demo. I found the controls really annoying like the way you have to keep your finger on L2 to stay in cover. I would much prefer it if you only had to push it to cover like in most other games. I agree the graphics are brilliant. I will be getting the game. I finally need a decent PS3 to play since MGS4. Play are selling the game also at £29.99.

MorbidRobbo: Xbox Live and PSN ID
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy