RFactor Editing names

Posted by MrRace 
RFactor Editing names
Date: December 16, 2008 01:05AM
Posted by: MrRace
I have rFactor now with 2008 F1 Mod.
I created my profile in Kovalainen McLaren, but I want to create a profile for all other 21 drivers too so that I can drive championship or a race with this names like in GP4

Is that possible to show all edited names in a race or only my name, the other drivers will be original names?
Re: RFactor Editing names
Date: December 16, 2008 01:53PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
no you can edit them. I take it you mean the drivers display custom names.....

Unless there is an easy way i havn't found yet there's quite a bit of work involved though fella.

you need to go into your main rFactor directory usually ( c: )Program files, rFactor.

then you go to Gamedata, and go down to vehicles in there you should see the name of you 2008 F1 mod. you need to go into that and edit all of the .VEH files for every single driver/car.

you can open the .VEH file with notepad and wherever you see the driver of that car/team you need to replace it with the name you want in there.

if you go for it don't forget to make a copy and back it up incase you don't get it all right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2008 02:14PM by bazza_racer.
Re: RFactor Editing names
Date: December 16, 2008 07:35PM
Posted by: MrRace
Ok Thanks for help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy