Need For Speed Undercover

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Need For Speed Undercover
Date: November 20, 2008 11:21PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
The first NFS game I've got since Most Wanted, and all I can say is its been traded straight back in tomorrow (Which is gonna seem a bit perculiar, since its the day its released ;)) Seriously though it isn't really that its 'bad' I mean the graphics are good, controls work well and gameplay is good for an arcade racer, its just so boring! Police chases are too easy, roads are completly empty of traffic except in Highway Battle (The only half interesting part of the game) AI is way too easy to beat, the city designs are just way too bland, the free-roam part of the game is there, but tbh its pointless as theres nothing to gain by going on it except wasting your time driving round, as you can just skip to races. Overall its just such a letdown, was going in expecting a NFS game finally capable of been as good as Hot Pursuit 2 & Most Wanted and got boredom instead. If your thinking of getting it... just don't, its worse than the Underground series and that takes some doing!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 11:25PM by Ianwoollam.
Re: Need For Speed Undercover
Date: November 21, 2008 08:43AM
Posted by: justagamer
+1. Definitely a disapointment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 02:17PM by justagamer.
Date: November 21, 2008 10:45AM
Posted by: kaid
+ what Ian said. But there are also some really annoying frame-drops very bad. Sometimes it's even unplayable especially if you are used to pgr 4 or forza. The feeling is the same when you have a PC that doesn't match the system requirements.
I am playing on a 360 but i read that it is even worse on a ps3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 10:46AM by kaid.
Date: November 22, 2008 02:54AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Traded it in this morning and decided to try out Midnight Club: Los Angeles, and it kicks ass :D its pretty much what I wanted NFS Undercover to be, Cops do seem a little easy in it, but at least the AI is actually half challenging, City just seems fantastic, the inclusion of plenty of traffic and pedestrians just makes it feel more like a city rather than Undercover's ghost state :\ Also the single feature which disappeared from early NFS games for some stupid reason, proper cockpit view, is there in it, which just makes it even more fun :D Only downside I can see to the game is the smaller selection of cars that you have in comparison to NFS Undercover but for me that isn't that much of a problem if the cars are fun to drive, which they are ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 23, 2008 09:44AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Traded it in this morning and decided to try out
> Midnight Club: Los Angeles, and it kicks ass :D
> its pretty much what I wanted NFS Undercover to
> be, Cops do seem a little easy in it, but at least
> the AI is actually half challenging, City just
> seems fantastic, the inclusion of plenty of
> traffic and pedestrians just makes it feel more
> like a city rather than Undercover's ghost state
> :\ Also the single feature which disappeared from
> early NFS games for some stupid reason, proper
> cockpit view, is there in it, which just makes it
> even more fun :D Only downside I can see to the
> game is the smaller selection of cars that you
> have in comparison to NFS Undercover but for me
> that isn't that much of a problem if the cars are
> fun to drive, which they are ;)

i so wish midnight club was on PC... i just got need for speed undercover, because i love need for speed... but umm this is pretty dam bad... Highway battles : theres traffic for a bit then nothing then traffic for a bit then nothing... the graphics errr have frame rate drops.. my PC can run Crysis, Cod4 etc all on the highest graphics, need for speed, there are frame rate drops which are just stupid and annoying... the chrome on the metallic paint is like a bad alpha channel in gp4... the buildings seem to be time warping when you get to fast speeds... sooo bad

ah well, im going to keep playing it because i like my need for speed games and ill finish this one...

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: December 04, 2008 09:28AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
i finished it...
wat a boring final car...
thank you

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy