Spore

Posted by anze89 
Spore
Date: September 25, 2008 03:10PM
Posted by: anze89
so, does anyone here play it?

I'm now in last stage (the space thing) and the game is somehow too shallow. They could have done this space stage much better, after all it is the main stage of the game. It sucks that you can't build your own space army, instead of that you only have your own space ship (which is way too small) with which you then destroy other planets (you can have several ally ships but they are more or less unneeded). Diplomacy also sucks. Can anyone tell me whats the point of trading routs? I have several of them but they don't make any profit or whats so ever. The only thing that I can do is to buy that solar system to which trading routs are connected, but it's much cheaper to simply destroy the other empire and to claim that system by force (not the star wars 'force' :p ). The next annoying thing are the colonies. I would very much prefer to have the option to manage them from space instead of going onto every single planet to place new buildings. And what the hell were they thinking with spice? Yeah it's cool, but it's very uncool that you have to pick it up manually. Surely with such incredible technology every single planet would have it's own transport space ship with which they could transport spice onto the main planet.

The positive side is that there are many solar systems and many other empires. But that's also a bad thing because everything is repeating it self: "Oh look, I've found a new empire. They don't like me very much. I'll destroy them." When you do that a few times it's interesting and somehow cool, but after that it gets boring.

After reading what I've just written I don't know why I'm still playing this game. But I am. It's like Sims. You know it's stupid, you know it's boring but you still play it. I'm totally f*cked up.

Re: Spore
Date: September 25, 2008 03:41PM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah I have it, got to the space stage a felt a bit empty...its annoying that some other race declared war on me, so every 5mins I have to race back to my home planet to defeat the invasion, and like you said, its made much harder by the fact you cant build your own space army

still, I still play it, if only for the cell and creature creation stages, which are awesome

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 25, 2008 05:08PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Won't buy it, won't play it. A game that has such copy protection should never really be allowed to go on sale, and I hope it flops badly so EA can get their overgrown money-counting fingers outta their overly white asses.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: September 25, 2008 05:13PM
Posted by: sasjag
what's wrong with the copy protection? that you can only install it on 5 machines, or have 5 users per machine?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: September 25, 2008 05:21PM
I don't get this whole thing about limited installs and limited users. I buy the game, it's mine and I can do with it anything I want (except illegally copy it). This protection is like buying a car which only you can drive and you're not allowed to lend it to you friends or parents or anyone.

Date: September 25, 2008 06:53PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't get this whole thing about limited
> installs and limited users. I buy the game, it's
> mine and I can do with it anything I want (except
> illegally copy it). This protection is like buying
> a car which only you can drive and you're not
> allowed to lend it to you friends or parents or
> anyone.

What difference does it make to you anyway? ;)

H E L L O
Date: September 25, 2008 06:56PM
Daniel Knott Wrote:
> What difference does it make to you anyway? ;)

almost none :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2008 06:58PM by anze89.
Date: September 25, 2008 09:59PM
What I can't understand is why both this and, for a past example, Bioshock, thought it necessary to employ such Big Brother copy protection on a game that might possibly get pirated. I read not long ago that pirated downloads had outstripped sales of the game, and it was basically that piraters were getting a far better game because of it!

Copy protecting a game's an evil bastard that needs getting rid of, double quick!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: September 26, 2008 12:04AM
they'll be suing EA for SecuROM !!
[www.simprograms.com]

And if they want to protect the game from pirating they should use the same system as lets say Live For Speed or most of Valve games that have to be activated on Steam.

Date: September 26, 2008 01:55PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
No, steam is really bad - what happens in 10 or so years if it doesn't exist anymore? You cannot play the game.

H E L L O
Date: September 26, 2008 02:09PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
And if they want to protect the game from pirating they should use the same system as lets say Live For Speed or most of Valve games that have to be activated on Steam.

Valve games were cracked years ago.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 26, 2008 02:20PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Valve games were cracked years ago.

really? interesting (*goes to check free online store.... Yep, it's true*) :p

is there any protection that hasn't been cracked yet? What sort of a protection is playstation 3 using because I heard that games for it can't be cracked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 02:22PM by anze89.
Date: September 26, 2008 06:35PM
The only protection AFAIK it uses is the BluRay disc, and in the scheme of things there's not a lot of BluRay drives on the PC about. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find it using the same as on BluRay movies (AACS and BD+, Google's your friend, as is Doom9 ;-)).

Date: September 28, 2008 03:10AM
Posted by: Guimengo
OT on blu-ray, my dad got a nice tv (stepmom gave his sweet "old" one to me ;)) and wanted to get a blu-ray player. I almost talked him into buying a PS3 :P.
Date: September 28, 2008 10:11AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Guimengo Wrote:
> OT on blu-ray, my dad got a nice tv (stepmom gave
> his sweet "old" one to me ;)) and wanted to get a
> blu-ray player. I almost talked him into buying a
> PS3 :P.

wow thanks for the info, my life is complete now.

Spore... I got bored of it in the 2nd stage, where it just feels like WoW. Need to get back into it to try out the other stages

Date: September 28, 2008 04:51PM
I also started a new game on a new planet and the 1st and 2nd phase are awesome (didn't quite notice that when I played for the 1st time because I wanted to advance as fast as possible). I especially like the 1st phase, when you're just a very small creature that's getting bigger and bigger. This time I decided to be a herbivore and in 2nd phase I ended up with a better killing machine that I had when I was carnivore :D Probably because I spent a lot more time in this 2nd phase and my goal is to be friends with every other species on the planet and I'm killing the ones I can't be friend with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 04:53PM by anze89.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy