rates screen - rfactor

Posted by Gené and Tonic 
rates screen - rfactor
Date: May 18, 2008 12:14PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Could someone just give me a brief overview of what the 'rates' screen in the rfactor settings does?

Things like speed sensitiveity, clutch sensitivity, yaw, look ahead..I have no idea what these mean.

Also, would anyone recommend the MMG 2007 mod?

Cheers!
Re: rates screen - rfactor
Date: May 18, 2008 01:34PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Whilst not being able to provide info on the car setup issues, as I only really adjust the things in the general tab, I can definitely recommend the 2007 MMG mod, it's all I play.
The mod is well optimised, I get quite high frame rates on high detail. The physics for me are good, there are options within the game to play with striped tyres or not, and various traction control upgrades. The default traction control range is something like 10-40% I think.
I find it's most enjoyable and realistic on to play on around 80-90%, you can still get sideways a lot but not spin as easily, and you have to still make lots of corrections out of corners if you have a heavy right foot!
I can tell you how to edit this if you wish.
There are new skins to have 2008 liveries on the cars, and can swap drivers around/ edit names to bring it to 2008.

The AI aren't great, you will find the Toro Rosso's and Super Aguris winning races, but you can easily edit this within the talent files.
Find the rfactor central page and you will find answers to a couple more of the problems in the comments section.

There is a 2008 rft mod, which I also enjoyed, but for some reason I had the dreaded rfactor stuttering and gave up playing that. Haven't noticed it (fingers crossed) yet in this mod which I think is better anyway.

Hope that helps

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 01:40PM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 18, 2008 01:41PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The physics for me are good

The physics are the ISI BMW. All the cars use these.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 18, 2008 02:49PM
okay DaveEllis, sorry I thought it was only the sounds that were all ISI BMW.
Doesn't mean that the physics aren't good though, whether they are ISI BMW or not in my opinion. Have driven some mods with original physics that have been woeful.
Date: May 18, 2008 09:31PM
Cheers guys...just need info on the rates screen now :) I have to agree the 2007 mod is very enjoyable!
Date: May 18, 2008 11:21PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Speed sensitivity: How much of your steering angle you lose when gaining speed. So the faster you go, the more your steering sensitivity will decrease.

Clutch sensitivity: If the sensitivity is set high, you have to be careful when disengaging your clutch because your revs can get too low (if you have a analogue clutch)

Yaw: How much your 'head' will lean when you're under heavy G-Forces. When braking a positive yaw value will make your head lean forward, and when it's negative your head will fight the G-Forces and lean backwards when braking (or vice-versa)

Look ahead: How much your 'head' turns at maximum steering lock. This can be very handy because you can look into the corners, though I lose the feel for the car when using max look ahead value..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 11:23PM by Floris_Koop_GP4Freak.
Date: May 19, 2008 12:54AM
Posted by: TC
Disable speed sensitivity if you use a steering wheel, it is only needed for digital or really limited analogue input.
Date: May 19, 2008 09:42AM
Cheers guys!

I actually find it beneficial to use speed sensitivity, as I found the steering a bit too responsive
Date: May 19, 2008 01:34PM
Oh btw the 'stuttering' referred to..when i'm going down long, fast straights in the MMG mod the car seems to 'stutter'...I'm guessing this is actually it
Date: May 19, 2008 04:32PM
I don't get any in the MMG mod really, although some of it depends on the track as well I've found.
In the RFT mod the 'stuttering' I had was so bad that it could sometimes freeze for two almost two seconds, yet sometimes run along at 90 fps.
Completely unplayable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy