Date: May 09, 2008 10:20AM
Posted by: mansell92
With Codemasters

[www.autosport.com]

Make of that what you will.
Re: F1 games back on the PC
Date: May 09, 2008 11:10AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Initially I would of said oh crap... But Race Driver Grid isn't too bad compared to their previous offerings so they may be stepping back in the right direction now, and maybe able to pull out a half respectable F1 game for the console.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 11:10AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 09, 2008 12:28PM
Posted by: autogyro
Bets that it won't be a sim?
Date: May 09, 2008 02:39PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
autogyro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bets that it won't be a sim?

Of course it won't be, whatever company who could afford the license wouldn't make a sim due to the fact it isn't financially sound, you spend millions on getting the right handling and physics on cars only to end up with your everyday gamer saying that its too hard and not playing it and the community who does race sims is too small to make a decent profit off. Ask the average gamer which F1 game did they buy in 1997, Grand Prix 2 on the PC or Formula 1 97 on the Playstation/PC, bet most of the people asked would say Formula 1 97 even though its an arcade game.

I must admit I was secretly hoping of a shock company popping up, namely Activision, seen as they have Bizzare Creations in their fold who imo could make a superb F1 game for the console, they were the ones who made Formula 1 & Formula 1 97, before the Sony series went crap, and also made the PGR series.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 02:42PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 09, 2008 02:42PM
Posted by: TTM
Hopefully Codemasters hire Geoff Crammond.. ;)
Date: May 09, 2008 03:35PM
Posted by: JV Fan
I'm really happy that somebody other than Sony have got the licence. I would have thought that the 2008 season would be better to replicate. They'd have a whole years worth of data to pour over and make as accurate as possible whereas for 2009, the new regulations will still be devleoping and it won't allow for as accurate a physics model.

I also really hope they don't use some stupid driver storyline like they did for Race Driver.

TOCA 2 is still one of my favourite PC racers so hopefully they can get back to something like this form.

I don't see why they can't produce a simple version as well as an accurate sim, especially with consoles being online now.

If it's too accurate or hard then some won't buy it, but if it's too arcadey or ends up being a total piss take then I think it'll lose out more.

Hopefully they will come out soon and state their intentions. Do you think they look around forums etc to see what fans of a series want or do they just make what they think will sell?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2008 03:52PM by JV Fan.
Date: May 09, 2008 05:03PM
Posted by: IWE
They just make what they think will sell.. Thats what did go wrong with CMR DIRT and Race Driver 3. Havent tried Grid yet (going to download demo of it after PS3 bothers to finish downloading latest system update.. :S ), but atleast it looks pretty good in screenshots. :)

Anyway most important thing is that Sony doesnt have license anymore. These games were horrible piece of @#$%&. Too bad they will even get F1 game on their console.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 09, 2008 05:33PM
Posted by: sasjag
codies tracks are usuallt fairly accurate, which is a plus

but dont they take a hard line stance against modding?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 09, 2008 07:42PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
They aren't fans of it as far as I'm aware.
Date: May 10, 2008 09:28AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Neither were the makers of Grand Prix 4, but that hasn't stopped several brainy people from developing mods for it ;)

Date: May 10, 2008 10:31AM
Posted by: stipe
It is good move (when speaking about multiplatform work including PC), but in few last years theirs sim games(???) aren't sim like they were prensenting it.
Anyway I was hoping that Sony can use best of his licence rights to hand it in Poliphony hands to make good F1 game.
Date: May 10, 2008 11:09AM
Posted by: FRESCO
I really hope they do go the proper simulation route at least for the PC, or at least have a sim and arcade modes. I quite enjoy DIRT, its arcade as hell but at least fun to drive. Going to try grid out later today.

I don't have as much faith in codemasters as I used to (loved them in the TOCA days), but I'd much rather they have it than sony.

Date: May 10, 2008 12:23PM
Red_Bull Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neither were the makers of Grand Prix 4, but that
> hasn't stopped several brainy people from
> developing mods for it ;)

yeah, but i seem to remember Codies were more the stop modding before we take legal action type

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 10, 2008 02:17PM
Posted by: IWE
Wasnt that just because people used to convert cars from latest CMR games to older ones making their latest games almost totally unnesesary? And sure they also didnt like their tracks to be converted from Toca Racedriver into other games.. They were already even threatning some modders about this.. :P

Funnily almost nobody was ever modding their games (exept CMR2). Everybody was just taking their stuff into better games.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 10, 2008 03:59PM
Posted by: Ahlex
We can ask for a sim, on the official F1 codemasters forum:

[community.codemasters.com]
Date: May 10, 2008 04:02PM
they will not make a sim, its not financially viable

Sim

Date: May 10, 2008 09:58PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Initially posted in the wrong thread, but here we go :)

Did you guys think of this?

Codemasters: Ego-Engine.. -> Racegame: GRID

1+1=3 ........

@#$%& brilliant crashphysics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Allthough 95% sure it'll be more arcade then sim..

Date: May 10, 2008 10:53PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
[community.codemasters.com]

Don't know if you have to register to vote, but just do it and vote for the realism physics and simulation :D

Date: May 10, 2008 11:51PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Codemasters ftw.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 11:52PM by DaveEllis.
Date: May 12, 2008 12:57PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
rofl

thats just wierd

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy