rfactor problem

Posted by salvasirignano 
rfactor problem
Date: May 02, 2008 04:43AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Hi
When I downloaded the demo and unlocked the game, I make copies of the clean rfactor folder, and installed different mods in each, like the 1979,1988 and 2008 ones.
However, when I run rfactor from different locations, the setups saved in only my 2008 mod folder show up in ALL the other folders, and none of the setups I have saved in the other season's username folder show up.
I have since deleted the 2008 mod rfactor folder, yet my 2008 setups still show in the other folders, and none of the files saved in the other installs show up!
Is rfactor not like GP4 in that you can't have loads of different folder, with different .exe's, which only look in it's own folder for saved stuff?
Would deleting the registry entry for rfactor solve my problem perhaps?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Re: rfactor problem
Date: May 02, 2008 05:11AM
Posted by: Nickv
There should be a rFactor folder in My Documents. Copy that to your other locations My Documents and it should be solved.
Date: May 02, 2008 06:07AM
Posted by: Morbid
I don't have a rFactor folder in My Documents and I have had rfactor pretty much from the beginning. Dunno whats up there...

You can have as many installations you want. I have 2... one for testing and qualifying mods, and another, which is my premium installation, that I don't subject to various better or poorly made mods. I usually prune them once in a while, then make one install to X:\rfactor, and then rename that rfacor-test, and then do another install again at X:\rfactor.

Setups are saved in the X:\rFactor (or whatever name you choose)\UserData\[profile name]\Settings\[track] folder, so you should be okay. Perhaps rfactor is set to look in My Documents first regardless of everything else?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2008 06:08AM by Morbid.
Date: May 03, 2008 12:17AM
Okay, thanks very much for your replies chaps. :)
Date: May 08, 2008 01:20AM
New issue I have..
How to create track specific AI speeds.
I play the MMG 2007 season mod at the moment.
At some tracks, like Barcelona, Nurburgring I can win races on 100% AI strength
Yet at tracks I have downloaded separately, like Autopolis, Bathurst and Elkhart lake I am way off the pace at 95% difficulty.
Which are the best values in each track's AIW file to edit to slow them down a bit through corners? For example at Autopolis, they seem to brake 50m before the first corner from nearly 200, amazingly catch the resulting slide and power out of the corner.
It's impossible (for me anyway ;))

Here are some values that look related

AIBrakingStiffness=(1.0000,1.0000,0.9000)
slowwhenpushed=1.00
SpeedOffset=0.000000

WorstTime=(0.0000)
MidTime=(0.0000)
BestTime=(0.0000)
WorstAdjust=(0.8500)
MidAdjust=(1.0500)
BestAdjust=(1.1500)
CheatDelta=(0.0000,0.0000,0.0000)
AIRange=(0.2000)
AISpec=(1.0000,0.0000,0.0000,0.0000) // 4 ways to express AI speed on track, limit the acceration, max speed, their cornering speed, or their deceleration. 0.0 - 1.0
AIDraftStickiness=(5.0000)

Some circuits don't have the last three lines in their AIW's. Can I add them in?

If someone with experience of this could help me out, I'd be very grateful

Thanks
Salvatore :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 01:36AM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 08, 2008 04:12AM
It's okay, I've figured it out.
For me the best way is to edit

WorstAdjust=(0.8500)
MidAdjust=(1.0500)
BestAdjust=(1.1500)

lowering the value to make the worst, midfield and front cars slower. by keeping these numbers closer you can reduce the field spread and vice versa.
It affects them over the whole lap, and not just at a certain corner or on the straights unlike some parameters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy