Red Alert 3 Confirmed

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Red Alert 3 Confirmed
Date: February 13, 2008 10:07AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam

If you were crisscrossing the innerweb tubes today and happened upon this announcement about Red Alert 3 and then saw this cover, you've probably been wondering if you'll have to learn Hungarian in order to read all the juicy details.

Well, drop that Hungarian-to-English dictionary, C&C fans! PC Gamer's April 2008 cover story (hitting newsstands on March 4th) will dish tons of exclusive dirt on the next chapter in the Red Alert series...and do it all in English, to boot!

Source - [www.pcgamer.com]

Woohoo! :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: Red Alert 3 Confirmed
Date: February 13, 2008 11:49AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Yay! But who's the developer? Westwood got disbanded promptly by EA (b****rds), so anybody taking up that mantle has some pretty big clogs to fill. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: February 13, 2008 12:51PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
did they get disbaneded before C&C 3?

Date: February 13, 2008 12:55PM
I'd imagine it would be the same people that did C&C3...

Date: February 13, 2008 01:03PM
Posted by: chet
Awesome. An excuse to get a new computer !! I am hoping for one this summer. RA2 was so much fun, and the RA games have some of the best music you can find in a game :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 13, 2008 01:12PM
Posted by: Nickv
Woooooo! I've always loved the Red Alert series! :D
Date: February 15, 2008 08:18PM
Redwood City, Calif., February 14, 2008 – After a seven-year hiatus, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the return of Red Alert, one of the most beloved and best-selling real time strategy (RTS) series of all time. Command & Conquer™: Red Alert™ 3, for the PC, Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, takes players on an epic adventure to a breathtaking alternate future spawned by time travel run amok . Developed by EA Los Angeles, Red Alert 3 breaks new ground in the RTS genre, featuring a fully co-operative campaign while bringing back the series’ light-hearted style and classic, action-oriented gameplay.

"The Red Alert games are known for challenging hardcore strategy gamers with depth, variety, and innovative gameplay. But they also belong to that rare breed of games that can draw in more casual players with their over-the-top stories, instantly accessible mechanics, and straight-to-the-fun design," said Mike Verdu, General Manager of EALA. "With Red Alert 3, our team is continuing that proud tradition by introducing genre-first features like co-operative campaign play, which rewards veterans and casual players alike. In Red Alert 3, friends and family can always have your back!"

"It's been too long." said Chris Corry, Executive Producer at EALA. "Fans have been waiting for a new Red Alert game for seven years, and we’re working hard to ensure its well worth the wait. The team is staying true to the series' roots while adding new elements like a co-operatively played story-driven campaign, an astounding new faction that will shake-up the Red Alert universe as we know it, and units that will help make Red Alert 3 everything our fans have been waiting for. And by bringing naval combat into the heart of the game design, we’re transporting that fast, fun and fluid C&C gameplay to the high-seas in ways that you’ve never seen before."

In Red Alert 3, the desperate leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travels back in time to change history and restore the glory of Mother Russia. The time travel mission goes awry, creating an alternate timeline where technology has followed an entirely different evolution, a new superpower has been thrust on to the world stage, and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies like Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Red Alert 3 asks the question "What If?" What if every bizarre research project and technology experiment for the last 70 years had actually borne fruit? What if the Philadelphia Experiment, time travel theory, teleportation, invisibility, Tesla technology, and a hundred other intriguing research projects had all paid off and gone mainstream? What if the Soviet Union survived and thrived; what would it look like 10 years in the future? What if the Japanese Empire had never fallen and instead became the ultimate high-tech military superpower? The end result is an imaginative and playful vision of an alternate future filled with possibility.

Command & Conquer fans eager to experience Red Alert 3 before anyone else can get early access to the beta1 by picking up a copy of Command & Conquer™ 3: Kane's Wrath or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection later this year.

For fans of Red Alert and Command & Conquer, EA hosts a dedicated online Web cast that goes beyond the game and brings players all the latest series news, tips and strategies. The flagship show, BattleCast™ Primetime, is a unique program that offers a sportscast look and feel for featured fan multiplayer matches, including expert commentary. Command & Conquer, BattleCast Primetime can be seen on the official Command & Conquer website.

This product is not yet rated by the ESRB, PEGI or USK. For more information about Red Alert 3 or the Command & Conquer series, please visit www.commandandconquer.com.

1 Beta program is available for the PC only. An announcement about the Red Alert 3 beta dates will be made this summer.

[www.commandandconquer.com] (The link also contains some screenshots and a video.)

Oooo, a third faction! :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2008 08:20PM by Nickv.
Date: February 15, 2008 09:19PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Japanese Empire will be interesting!

Date: March 17, 2008 06:59PM
New screens:

Awesome that the Kirovs are still there :D
Date: March 17, 2008 08:59PM
Posted by: chet
Looks good.
And yeah, kinda scary watching them though!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 19, 2008 02:36PM
Posted by: Duffer
I just buy C&C3. The last C&C who i play is Red Alert so i just exciting when i see those screens :p

--------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 02:38PM by Duffer.
Date: August 13, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Got the beta. REALLY don't like it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 13, 2008 11:09PM
Posted by: Marko
Hey Dave,
Can you please give some more details about RA3? What exactly you don't like?

Date: August 14, 2008 07:29AM
Its far too cartoony. There isn't even a hint of realism now. Units range from spaceships (never been a part of Red Alert, only C&C) to attack BEARS (yes...bears). The graphics aren't nice, and currently it runs really badly. The building methods don't feel as nice as before either. And Ore isn't grown, its stored in storage centres, similar to the resources in Generals.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 14, 2008 10:53AM
OMG so they really ruined Red Alert :( And WTF is with space ships, bears?? I thought that might happen, but I was hoping that they won't do it like that in the end. It seems they continued on Generals, and c&c 3 while they should have continued on RA2. :(

Date: August 14, 2008 11:52AM
Well I don't know the exact units, but I was playing online (Beta is online only) and one of the airborne units was a strange yellow and red ship, looking similar to something from Star Wars, shooting Dolphins, which were "built" by another player. When a bear turned up and started eating my men, I quit the game and uninstalled it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 14, 2008 12:30PM
I guess that's what you get when you give RA3 project to EA boys.:( I liked much more Westwood's C&C than those of EA internal studios.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 12:30PM by Marko.
Date: August 14, 2008 01:31PM
Posted by: anze89
I was reading impressions from people on some other forum and they seem to prefer Red Alert 3 to C&C 3. They say that in RA3 you have to build different units to win. In comparison in C&C 3 if you were Nod you just built lots of 'helicopters' (forgot their name), bought update that installed laser guns onto them, maybe built some tanks and you won the battle. If you played GDI you just produced massive amount of mammoth tanks and you won (at least in single player it worked that way, not sure for multiplayer). Here (in RA3) you have units that are specialized for killing certain enemy units (like only soldiers, only air units, only naval units, etc.) and as far as I know there is no 'general killing machine' like mammoth tank in C&C 3 or Overlord tank in Generals.

In RA3 the building system is different from side to side. Allies have the 'normal' building system. You click the building you want to build and after some time you just place it onto the battlefield (you need to place it into range from your other structures (like in RA1 and RA2)).

Soviets have Age of Empires system. You click the building you want, you place it onto the battlefield and it starts building. While it's building it is vulnerable to enemy attacks and you also need to place it into range from your other structures (like in RA1 and RA2).

Japan has some sort of Generals style system. You build a robot which you then send (by land) to any part of the map and transform it into a structure. The robot has weak armour and it can't defend it self.

As far as I know there are no space ships (Yuri style), but there are some strange flying objects. Many units can transform from naval to land unit or from land to air unit and also the opposite way. Only Japan has a unit that can transform from air to naval unit (and if IIRC it can't transform back).

Units are wicked, strange or whatever you want to call them, but they have been like that already in Red Alert 2 (shooting dolphins, mind control tanks, flying saucers, giant squids, etc.). I just hope that the game will be well balanced and that the gameplay will be as good as they are promising (that you will have to build naval and land units in order to win (mostly because now almost all structures can be placed into/onto water)).

Oh, and the final thing that I'm happy about: walls are back!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 01:35PM by anze89.
Date: August 14, 2008 09:59PM
Hmm, that doesn't sound too well then...

I guess the only thing worth looking forward to is Hell March 3 then :D
Date: August 23, 2008 12:33AM
Posted by: anze89
The beta keys are now free! But it's a limited amount, so hurry:

[www.fileplanet.com]

Get the key first, before you download the beta, so that you'll be sure that you'll be able to play it. The beta is multiplayer only, but there's an unlocker that enables you skirmish play, but there is no AI, so the only point in playing it is that you can try every single unit with no threat that someone is going to attack you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy