Grand Prix 2 - car setups

Posted by abdelkader 
Grand Prix 2 - car setups
Date: December 21, 2007 05:12PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hello.
I am looking for some pretty fast car setups for Grand Prix 2 . I managed to find a very good set of setups for all generic tracks and it's a good compilation. I use it and it's not a reason to complain at all.

The problem (or rather an obstacle) is that I have lately downloaded some older tracks from the 1970's and 1980's in order to simulate some older seasons than the generic 1994 F-1 series. I want to race on these tracks but I don't have any competitive setups and I lose out in every race.

It's just unbelievable. Within last few years the Internet has become a huge storage of nothing but junk. I found a site with about 40 links to sites with car setups for GP2... NONE OF THESE LINKS WAS VALID. All the sites are currently down.

For God's sake ,is there no place I can find some fast setups for this good (and old) game?

Maybe there are some die-hard GP2 racers here who have some car setups stored on their harddrives? Any help is appreciated.

I need setups for the tracks used in F-1 series in 1978 and 1988.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2007 05:16PM by abdelkader.
Re: Grand Prix 2 - car setups
Date: December 22, 2007 02:36PM
Posted by: NickKK
I believe the GP2 fansite is still up though hasn't been updated for over 2 years now, have a look around there. I may have some working setups from back in the day but they would be keyboard and not particularly good as I didn't know much about setups back then. In any case the setup quides there are some of the best on the net and I still used them for my GP4 setups !

[www.gprix2.com]

Date: December 22, 2007 03:27PM
I have already found this site and I consider it one ofthe top two of GP2 oriented sites. However, the setups I have found here are either for the generic 1994 F-1 season or for further seasons. I can't see any setups for older tracks. While it's not a huge problem to find good setups for the 1988 season (as most of the tracks were used in 1994 as well) it is a problem to find setups for the tracks from 1978 (as the tracks from the 1970's were totally different from those from the 1990's).

Unfortunately I also don't know much about setting cars up. I have never been good at physics at school ;)

Anyway thanks for the effort. :)

Date: December 22, 2007 03:37PM
Posted by: Morbid
Search a bit more on this site and you'll come across this little guide. Surely one of the best out there:

[www.gprix2.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 23, 2007 02:45PM
Posted by: HFGP2
have a look on www.grandprix2.de and in the community's forum at hfgp2.hf.funpic.de
Date: December 23, 2007 04:33PM
Thanks for help, guys. :) It's very kind of you. Merry Christmas

Date: March 25, 2008 10:03PM
Posted by: stattotheblade
Can anyone help me, GP2 keeps jamming and making me crash into walls. I use Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 1510 Laptop with an AMD Mobile Sempron processor. Mods used - GP2NOCD, GP2edit and several tracks. Can anyone help, ive tried uninstalling and re-installing but that buys me about 20-50 laps of no random crashes. Its just getting annoying
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy