Posted by NeilPearson 
Re: rFactor Race...
Date: April 26, 2007 10:42PM
Posted by: count.bazley
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> er its like 15 mins away
>

Got your GMT and BST mixed up I think, anyway I guess you all made it because the last post in this thread was at 9 minutes to. :)

*Wishes he had rFactor or this race was in LFS!*
Date: April 26, 2007 11:14PM
Posted by: villej
So, I ran out of fuel. When I started my last lap I started thinking that how much laps I had driven and looked that I had driven 12. Then I realised that I had only put fuel to 12 laps. :| Ran out of fuel in the last sector, but couldn't make it to the pits...
Shame, as I was just getting into the car and the track.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: April 26, 2007 11:54PM
Posted by: gav
Rich won, easily in the end. Neil P died of exhaustion (which is fair enough, as it's something like 6am there at the moment). Glyn disappeared into the boogies early on, and I tried to keep up with Rich and Neil P... was going well for a few laps, then as expected they just started pulling away. Meh. Was great fun at this end. :D
Date: April 27, 2007 12:29AM
Posted by: GLD
Yeh enjoyed lets do it again sometime - i dont care how slow i was...hit the tyre wall just before the tight chicanes at the top of the mountain...just misjudged it and lost a wheel...

All in all i can't complain :) well done to Rich for winning!
Date: April 27, 2007 01:09AM
Posted by: richardd
Hmm, kinda hollow victory really being as Neil was about dead. I'm sure given us all being fully awake he'd have been a bit quicker. Still, it was a very worthwhile exercise for the following reasons:

1. I beat Pearson at his home track, in his home cars. ;)
2. Was pretty pleased with my pace compared to Neil, being as I've never ever got on well with rFactor.
3. By turning the engine volume down alot and keeping the tyre sounds up quite high, it actually made telling what the car was doing a bit better.
4. Didn't spin once, and only chunked the wall one time, even then nothing major.
5. I actually enjoyed the race.
6. I will still say that rFactor doesn't feel like it gives enough feedback to the driver to pinpoint what needs to be changed on the setup.
7. I beat Pearson at his home track, in his home cars. ;)
Date: April 27, 2007 03:05AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
meanwhile i was 7+ seconds infront of you, and pulling away before i just collapsed :P im still exhausted, being as i got out of bed 2 hours after getting into it.

I thought you were going to be quicker in the race rich, your prac and qualify times were quick, not sure as to why your race time wasnt. i drove the same as i did in hotlap mode tyres didnt die that bad tbh.

was good fun, but lap 20 was all i could take lol

Date: April 27, 2007 08:51AM
Was making a concious effort not to ditch it, I'd already settled for 2nd before the race started! :)
Date: April 27, 2007 10:05AM
Posted by: Glyn
Well that was jolly good fun ;)

Things were interesting heading into turn 1. I saw Gav cream up the inside of me, knowing with cold brakes he'd sail wide like you do at the Watkins Glen loop in GPL. Just had to let him go and retake the place :) He quickly caught me up again though till I threw it off into the gravel at the Chase and got stuck for a good 50 secs. Kept plodding on after that and had another battle with Gav towards the end but I needed to make a splash and dash. I put 16 laps worth in which gave me around 14 laps of driving, but didn't know the game started off on lap 0 so I lost a lap there.

Great fun none the less. We should have another one of these!

Date: April 27, 2007 11:50AM
Posted by: Covfan
My race was fairly eventful. After overtaking someone by going on the grass at the start I gravelled it into turn 1 and there was no getting out of it.
Date: April 27, 2007 12:28PM
Posted by: chet
Sounds like good fun, anyone got the official end results ?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 27, 2007 01:01PM
1st - Me
2nd - Gav + 1m30 ish
3rd - Glyn + 2m40ish (he pitted on the last lap ;))
4th - Pearson DNF (Dead Driver)
Date: April 27, 2007 02:26PM
Posted by: Forgotten
Sorry guys , I couldn't come, I have already passed my downloading limit lol , so I have to pay more each time I download one byte lol
Date: April 27, 2007 02:28PM
Posted by: Glyn
New ISP time :)

Date: April 27, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: Forgotten
nah , just need to wait for the end of the month, I abused of downloads this month lol
Date: April 27, 2007 02:49PM
GLD, Ville and Mark all retired. Mark got stuck in the gravel, Ville ran out of fuel as he said, and GLD says he whacked the wall.

The gaps weren't representative at all to be honest. :D

I got a dodgy start from 3rd and had GLD in front of me, going well. I got past him, and caught Glyndo rapidly. I think I scared him into the gravel at the Caltex Chase. Rich was about 3.5 seconds ahead of me in 2nd at the time, and initially I was catching him slowly, but after a couple of laps he started edging away a couple of tenths in the 1st sector, he lost around 0.3 to me in the 2nd, and then I lost another 3 or so tenths in the final sector. By lap 11 or so he had a 6 second lap, and I had given up catching him on pace, so just settled back and enjoyed myself. I pitted on lap 15 like the others, now 10 seconds behind Rich, and he just continued to pull away. Having target, I got a bit scrappy, as in praccy, and started bashing the car up a bit. I spun a couple of times, once doing something nasty to the suspension or tyre I guess... didn't think it would be much fun crabbing around for more than a lap, so I pitted to have a little battle with Neil, before he had his splash and dash.

All round good fun, despite the low turnout. :D
Date: April 27, 2007 07:17PM
Posted by: GLD
Haha you scared me to Gav :-p

Just kidding lol - altho i was slightly nervous of taking out one you more 'established' guys lol...

I nearly went up Pearson's rear fairly rapidly in qually but just managed to bin it!

again again!! Maybe still V8's but a diff track...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 07:50PM by GLD.
Date: April 27, 2007 07:59PM
GLD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just kidding lol - altho i was slightly nervous of
> taking out one you more 'established' guys lol...

LOL, established? I've had all of 3 proper rF races :D
Date: April 27, 2007 08:03PM
I think he means established as sim-racers ;)
Date: April 27, 2007 08:38PM
Stop driving up your reputation. Just cos we dominated a year in GTP. Remember the year before, and dare I say it, this year? ;)
Date: April 27, 2007 08:58PM
Quiet, fat man!

We're already handicapped with glyndo ian and graham swanning off to the darned DTM at brands!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy