Grand Prix Revolution - The New Generation.

Posted by shaunleeds 
Grand Prix Revolution - The New Generation.
Date: March 21, 2007 01:08PM
Posted by: shaunleeds
Grand Prix Revolution - The New Generation by Arc Gaming

That's right no rubbish GP5 is in the making, or will be, me and an atm unknown L3mmy are going to try our hand at making the much awaited game and we have a large intention to be helped by the community to make this game a possibility. It may seem like a come and go thing that will never lift up, but i'm quite sure with the gp4 community behind us this can become the next game. Now just to say me and L3mmy aren't the most senior of game makers, hehe, but i'm sure the urge to get this game existing will be too much to bother about that fact, besides with the community on our side we could soon have a much bigger team. Now, please be patient hehe.

Updates:

We have just initiated this to become our project.

Our Forum [f1sim.co.uk] Please feel free to register. :)

Have changed the name to Grand Prix Revolution accordingly.
L3mmy has been dropped as the co-leader by the team and a new Xploder will become the co-leader, and master programmer.
more info soon.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2007 09:24PM by shaunleeds.
Re: Grand Prix 5 - The New Generation.
Date: March 21, 2007 01:32PM
Posted by: matt3454
good luck

Date: March 21, 2007 01:32PM
Posted by: schumi_15
great...good luck =)
Date: March 21, 2007 01:36PM
Thanks, any help will be appreciated. We hope to make this really good. For the community and fans.
Date: March 21, 2007 01:58PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Seriously good luck to you. If I find the time in my second year, this could be one of my side-projects. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 21, 2007 02:38PM
Posted by: Brianf666
Great news - I hope you make it.
Advice: Design it so as to take advantage of much of the existing work from GP4 and GP3. Make it work with small downloads (I don't run GP4 as those huge files on my dial-up are just not worth it. Give us lots to play with in the form of different car set-ups, designs and characteristics. Make it work with all the popular input devices (yes, keyboard please). Oh, one last thing. Make it play like a dream even if that compromises the graphic possibilities a bit. Gameplay is what its about.

Good luck.

Nico bites yer tyres!
Date: March 21, 2007 02:45PM
Posted by: justagamer
"And suddenly all of the great modders participated and in a few years they had a new game,
way ahead of it's time, setting up completely new and never ever before seen standards for the ultimate Formula 1 gaming experience."

-justagamer [2007] :)
Date: March 21, 2007 03:03PM
Posted by: Muks_C
good luck to you guys, i'm sure everyone here is right behind you! (in a metaphorical sense, although with Gui and Chet, it may be literally ;))

@ Brianf666, you don't play GP4 because of the huge files that need downloading? cars are usually only a couple of MB, and helmets and things are less than 1MB usually. if you're downloading a huge mod, then i see your point, but getting bits and bobs individually shouldn't be too much hassle on dial-up.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 21, 2007 03:14PM
Posted by: Ashers
so will this be freeware based on this season of F1? Or will it be a fictional set and cost money to buy like rFactor.
Date: March 21, 2007 03:36PM
Posted by: mschumi
If the game is good, i don't care if is freeware or no, i don't mind paying money for a good game (egz: Formula one for ps3 isn't a good game,but thats another story).

Scuderia Ferrari Forever
Date: March 21, 2007 04:35PM
Posted by: gin
Good Luck, but the pecimist in me says this will never happen. Just look at F1 Championship Manager www.f1cm.co.uk, its been in the making since 2001 and still doesnt look like it will ever come out and its not even full 3D racing game...

Date: March 21, 2007 05:16PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Wow it would be amazing if you could do this and I think the idea would gather a lot of support here.
Date: March 21, 2007 05:17PM
Thanks for the good notes, atm we aim for it to be freeware as a gift to the community working it's backside off to try and mod a virtually unmoddable game.
Date: March 21, 2007 06:09PM
Posted by: Rob_BCFC
omg this would be so cool
Date: March 21, 2007 07:38PM
Posted by: Willb
Will this be a directx 10 compatible game?
Id love to learn how the api's for dx work :).

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: March 21, 2007 10:47PM
We are in great need for programmers, please stand-up if you have any knowledge of the part and i can assure you this will take off. thank you.
Date: March 22, 2007 01:48AM
Posted by: TC
Do you have any programmers currently?
Date: March 22, 2007 08:46AM
Posted by: prayerson
Hi Guys

It would be even better if you can make the rules in the game flexible!!!!!!

I mean that f1 race rules and Cart race rules. Yellows flags in cart when there's a crash so all cars will bunch up again and restart the race .Its also good for stradigies ect.

Safteycars in gp5 also just like nascar2003

Now thats a really top sim!!!!!!!!!!
Date: March 22, 2007 11:20AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I have some basic knowledge of C++, but not enough at the moment to be called a proper programmer. ;-) Hopefully by next year that'll change.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 22, 2007 12:27PM
Posted by: keiran
Good luck to you, but I some how think you are totally under estimating the task at hand... Like the last person to come here with the same idea.

For example : [www.liveforspeed.net] - This game has one programmer and he has had to work very long days to get it to where it's today. The project started like 6 years ago if I remember correctly. Took them 2 years of hard work (working as much hours in the day as possible) to get it into a state they could actually sell it, now okay they had to work that hard as for the 2 years they had no income.

Not to mention you'll need to find programmers with knowledge of car dynamics etc.

Anyway if you do know what your doing and getting into, I look forward to seeing the results.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy