How come Nascar 2003 is so much?

Posted by SexySam182 
Re: How come Nascar 2003 is so much?
Date: February 19, 2007 11:43PM
Posted by: Morbid
Perhaps you should learn to race, before you judged what top class sims are worth, eh?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 19, 2007 11:53PM
Posted by: gav
:D

Harsh, but fair :D
Date: February 20, 2007 04:41AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 43 pounds is a whole lot of money... rFactor isn't
> even worth 30, can't imagine NR 2003 being worth
> that much

have you even played the game?

Date: February 20, 2007 07:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Yeah, little demo. The money is his, if he really wants to spend now instead of waiting for what can be a breakthrough, fair enough. Just trying to point that out to him, the same way Morbid himself was talking about buying a computer with the latest stuff now, a few weeks back.
Date: February 20, 2007 09:02AM
Posted by: SexySam182
£43 is a lot of money when your saving to buy a car ;)

Date: February 20, 2007 09:42AM
Posted by: villej
Well, if you ask me, I think NR2003 is easily worth that money. If I already didn't own the game I would be ready to pay over 100 euros for it. It's one of those very rare games that keep you exited year after year. It also has an awesome online racing community.

I think £43 is actually a bargain for that game. You could, in example, compare that price to the World of Warcraft which cost about £30 to buy and then about £8 for a month, ending up costing more than £100 for a year!

Guimengo Wrote:
> 43 pounds is a whole lot of money... rFactor isn't
> even worth 30, can't imagine NR 2003 being worth
> that much

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2007 09:43AM by villej.
Date: February 20, 2007 07:35PM
SO, Gui, your judging the full game by playin the demo "a little" bit. needless to say i bet you spun a few times and gave up yea?

Date: February 20, 2007 09:13PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I explained my point and the GPG brickheads still don't get it, typical...
Date: February 20, 2007 10:23PM
Hey one of my friends had a copy but never used it so i managed to get it :)
So far absolutely brilliant, although im causing more cautions by myself than the rest of the field together lol

Date: February 21, 2007 12:53AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
£43 is worth it. Although may initially seem steep. However personally could never pay over £50 for a game.
I dont play the NASCAR aspect as it bores me.
However the GTP Cars are worth the £43. However it easy to say that when i for example have 3 Copied Versions and a Legitimate Version which cost me £10. Meaning as long as i dont lose any of the 4 Discs i will never have to pay for the damn thing again ;)
Date: February 21, 2007 09:28AM
myself, Glyn, and Richardd (who is on this forum just not much, mainly drives in the GTP enduro's we post here) raced in a NR2003 league race last night.

it was 90 laps at daytona, (40% race distance) and boy was it a doozy. i messed up qualifying so started up the back, and had to avoid an accident early on, which i got a puncnture, and had to pit and then got a drive through penalty. rich started 4th and ran up front. after my stop go i managed to line up with rich and just tried to help draft with him, we ended up coming out of the pits on our last stop about 5 seconds down on the leader. (12 laps to go iirc) and rich and myself managed to draft our way upto the leader who had more cars to draft with. this was no mean feat i can tell you. it was hard work and very satisfying. anyway rich managed to take the lead, and with me stuck on his bumper helping him take the win, but then on the last lap the 2nd placed car drove into me on the tri oval, and i had a big wreck. thankfully Rich still won. and i ended up 13th 3 laps down, and glyn came 14th 3 laps down.

was one of the best Restrictor plate races i ever been in

Date: February 21, 2007 09:30AM
Guimengo Wrote:
> I explained my point and the GPG brickheads still
> don't get it, typical...

and actualy no you havent, all you have said is in your opinion its not worth it. now i was trying to find out what experiance you had to make you think this way. and i bet since you ignored my question, its what happend.

Date: February 21, 2007 12:33PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
How come Nascar 2003 is so much?

Supply and demand.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 21, 2007 01:19PM
Posted by: Glyn
Mini Maestro Wrote:
> However
> it easy to say that when i for example have 3
> Copied Versions and a Legitimate Version which
> cost me £10. Meaning as long as i dont lose any
> of the 4 Discs i will never have to pay for the
> damn thing again ;)

A number of people, including me have taken an image of the CD and mounted it to a virtual CD drive for that reason. It means the CD can stay safe in the cupboard without getting scratched. And it gives a faster load too :)

Date: February 21, 2007 03:36PM
You still Race in PRS Neil? I thought that you quit too. Or was that a PRS race you were telling about?

Date: February 21, 2007 08:17PM
Posted by: Glyn
I still race in PRS :)

Come to think of it, I've not actually quit any league I've entered except dLeague.

Date: February 21, 2007 08:58PM
Posted by: richardd
I think he meant neil pearson ;)

Gui, you suck at race sims, so your opinion on race sims must, therefore, equally suck.

And the daytona race pwned 150% :D
Date: February 21, 2007 09:41PM
I knew my question would cause confusion knowing both Neils had written before me. :P But yes, the question was meant for Neil P, as I knew you(Neil S) still raced in PRS. :)

Date: February 21, 2007 10:27PM
well yes ville, i have quit, but last night i was awake at the time for racing. i have a wierd work roster, and for a few days i am on night shift, and wednsday night was my first one. (just got home) so i was awake during the race, so i thought @#$%& it might aswell.

Date: February 22, 2007 08:36AM
Is it possible to use the no cd crack with the v1.2.1 patch? As i would like to have it running on both our computers but so far havnt been able to get it to work :s

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy