Nintendo Wii countdown, i've finally got one! : ) check bottom of p4

Posted by ralv585 
Re: Nintendo Wii countdown
Date: November 11, 2006 01:42PM
Posted by: kewell_fever
GT, u will never know there next move. well i dont. well, its really bout who is who that decides wich to buy cause of this and that. like i love GT and its great fighting games while people enjoy playing mario and forza motorsport.

Date: November 11, 2006 01:48PM
Posted by: Marko
@kewell
Actually Wii's GPU will wipe the floor with nvidia's GPU in pS3(gpu which is quite old now especially because 8800GTX arrived)
Date: November 11, 2006 02:05PM
u %100 with that dude. playstation have always got optimum graphics man. same with xbox but the good thing with ps3 is that there is a hard drive so people can download games and play games on the hardrive.

Date: November 11, 2006 02:20PM
Posted by: TC
Marko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @kewell
> Actually Wii's GPU will wipe the floor with
> nvidia's GPU in pS3(gpu which is quite old now
> especially because 8800GTX arrived)

The Wii is essentially a gamecube with a new controller, so thats not true.
Date: November 11, 2006 02:26PM
Posted by: Covfan
kewell_fever Wrote:
> GT, u will never know there next move. well i
> dont. well, its really bout who is who that
> decides wich to buy cause of this and that. like i
> love GT and its great fighting games while people
> enjoy playing mario and forza motorsport.

It'll be like GT1 and GT2 and GT3 and GT4
Date: November 11, 2006 02:31PM
Except you will have to pay extra for most of the cars and tracks.
Date: November 11, 2006 05:00PM
Posted by: Muks_C
thanks for the link Sil3nt-War :)

i saw a review of the pS3 on some computer show, the guy said the controller can just be tilted forwards or backwards to make the character or item in the game move, but it's movement is a lot less restricted compared to the Wii's controller.

and on the news, they said the PS3 is 40x more powerful than the PS2. how much more powerful is the XBox360 compared to original XBox, and the PS3? (if the 360 is more than the PS3)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 11, 2006 08:49PM
Posted by: madotteя
The Wii is the weakest console in terms of power and graphics, the 360 is amazing but PS3 from what we have seen is something else. It is over 2x more powerful than the 360 alone. I feel that Wii will be a novelty console and after a year or so it will turn out less popular than the Cube. Interest in the Wii has been far less than 360 and PS3 but only time will tell.
Date: November 11, 2006 09:43PM
I remember that someone from Epic said that Wii is really only next gen console. As far as i seen xbox doesn't have anything special. Well in my opinion consoles sucks, long live PC;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2006 09:43PM by Marko.
Date: November 11, 2006 09:45PM
@kewell
Ps3 has something like Gf7 inside, xbox something like 1900xt, and as i heard wii has new gpu from ati.
Date: November 12, 2006 12:12AM
madotteя Wrote:
> The Wii is the weakest console in terms of power
> and graphics, the 360 is amazing but PS3 from what
> we have seen is something else. It is over 2x more
> powerful than the 360 alone. I feel that Wii will
> be a novelty console and after a year or so it
> will turn out less popular than the Cube. Interest
> in the Wii has been far less than 360 and PS3 but
> only time will tell.

Games on both formats show very little difference and many developers have said the consoles will produce very similar looking games in the future as well.
Date: November 12, 2006 12:15AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
PS3 is also said to be harder to code for.
tbh i am getting a 360. Just want the price to fall when the Ps3 is released :P
Date: November 12, 2006 12:31AM
ps3 is definitely going to be the most expensive

Date: November 13, 2006 10:09AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
If you want a 360, I would give it abit tbh.

Microsoft's Autumn Xbox 360 update is causing consoles to freeze at random intervals during play. The snafu apparently affects all games. The update was bugled on the Xbox community site as "another 85 reasons why 360 rocks".

Microsoft sent us this statement:

"We’re aware that a very small number of Xbox 360 customers have been experiencing some issues with their console after the Autumn Update has been applied. We’re working with each customer individually to resolve any problems. Any Xbox 360 customers who have any issues with their console should contact the customer service team on 0870 60 10 100."

So far Redmond's idea "working with each customer individually" has mostly been to demand $139 to pick up the console and have it repaired, which is odd considering Microsoft told The Register the problem is caused by its update.

More details from other gamers here in the official Xbox site forum. One user says he was told by Xbox tech support that part of the update was intended to freeze 360s with mod chips. ®

Its all over the official xbox 360 forum, the trend seems to be if you have a xbox 360 bought in 2006, they will not repair it for free (currently).

Date: November 13, 2006 10:42AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Maybe not in the US, but thats illegal in the UK, Microsoft have to repair any console in the UK because law over here states that every product sold has to have at least 1 year warranty minimum, US is 60 days...

I've heard about that August freezing problem, personally I ain't had it, and i've installed August, September and October's updates since...

PS3 will be the most expensive, no doubt about that, PS3 people are arguing that to buy a Xbox 360 with Wireless, HD-DVD etc it comes to the same price as the PS3, theres just one difference, Xbox 360 has the options, PS3 dosn't, your stuck with a Blu-Ray Drive, Wireless Adapter etc, If you want these things straight away, then yeah the PS3 will be great!

Anyway this is a post about the Wii, Wii is the only console out of the 3 which isn't really next generation, graphics wise, because Wii is Standard Definition, The big difference with Xbox 360 and PS3 is that they are High Definition... If you've played a PS2 on say a 32 inch LCD, you'll know it looks absolutly crap, thats where HD comes in, they make these consoles playable on LCD and Plasmas, much more clearer picture and tbh the graphics look amazing compared to Standard Definition... If you only have standard def, then granted they are pretty useless except the Wii and thats where they'll make their money :)

I've got one on order anyway! Got it with Zelda and Trauma Center :) Can't wait hehe :D Even though I'll probably end up not playing it through December and my sister playing it all the time, cause of work issues... Bitch ;)

/EDIT\ Oh and also that quote about 120FPS, PS3 maybe capable of that, but its completly useless, the best High Definition is 1080p, and that only displays a limit of 60FPS...

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2006 10:48AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 13, 2006 01:43PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i don't understand why the FPS needs to be so high, 120? can't the human eye only detect 25 or so? maybe around 40-50 is enough, to compensate for slowdown. is that why it's so high, so if it slows down, it'll still be unnoticeable?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 13, 2006 01:57PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> i don't understand why the FPS needs to be so
> high, 120? can't the human eye only detect 25 or
> so? maybe around 40-50 is enough, to compensate
> for slowdown. is that why it's so high, so if it
> slows down, it'll still be unnoticeable?

So Fanboys can fap over them.
Date: November 13, 2006 02:01PM
Muks_C Wrote:
> i don't understand why the FPS needs to be so
> high, 120? can't the human eye only detect 25 or
> so?

No is the simple answer to that, 75 is about what the human eye can detect. TV shows run at 25(or 30) fps though.
Date: November 13, 2006 02:15PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
tbh I don't understand this FPS business half the time, I mean NTFS High Definition DVD's are all 24FPS, same as DVD's, which look perfectly smooth... However if you play a game on the computer at a constant 24FPS, its jerky as hell!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 13, 2006 11:10PM
Posted by: chet
Covfan Wrote:
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i don't understand why the FPS needs to be so
> > high, 120? can't the human eye only detect 25
> or
> > so? maybe around 40-50 is enough, to compensate
> > for slowdown. is that why it's so high, so if
> it
> > slows down, it'll still be unnoticeable?
>
>
> So Fanboys can fap over them.

ROFL

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy